Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, it's differently immodest, but more/less? I dunno.
    PowerGirl outfit is mostly white; Divine outfit is black.
    PowerGirl outfit is bare legged; Divine uses pants.
    PowerGirl outfit includes other primary colors; Divine is monochromatic.
    PowerGirl outfit covers most her torso and arms (except the cleavage hole); Divine upper outfit is just a black bra and gloves.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked this guy's reboot of Power Girl. It's towards the bottom of the article. If you wanna do a hard reboot of the character this is the best angle I found online.

https://comicsalliance.com/justice-l...gn-aaron-diaz/

My other option is just to make her Supergirl all grown up. She's the Nightwing of the Super family.
    I really can't agree with you on this. Make PG an hybrid of Carol Danvers and Captain Atom is practically making another character.

Just stick to her to be the SUpergirl of earth 2 who simply liked earth 0 and chooses to live here. Or ambasador of earth 2.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    PowerGirl outfit is mostly white; Divine outfit is black.
    PowerGirl outfit is bare legged; Divine uses pants.
    PowerGirl outfit includes other primary colors; Divine is monochromatic.
    PowerGirl outfit covers most her torso and arms (except the cleavage hole); Divine upper outfit is just a black bra and gloves.
    Well, yeah, but..... for whatever reason her outfit stayed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I grew up with her being Atlantean and then getting some weird kid that they dropped. Just because it was our first take we were introduced to doesn't mean it's the best.
    I definitely remember the problematic Pregnancy that played into the Scarabus, Overmaster, and Parllax/Extant storylines. However that was one blight and it didn't take over her whole character the way this silly Infinite Crisis Superman thing did. Further maddening for me is they went to all this trouble and after making her mopey and tying her value to Superman she is unceremoniously dropped into wallpaper land never to return to her prior state of visibility or relevance in the universe. The PGB storyline was definitely wince inducing but I would take moving on from there with those connections over the nothing she seems to have become.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I definitely remember the problematic Pregnancy that played into the Scarabus, Overmaster, and Parllax/Extant storylines. However that was one blight and it didn't take over her whole character the way this silly Infinite Crisis Superman thing did. Further maddening for me is they went to all this trouble and after making her mopey and tying her value to Superman she is unceremoniously dropped into wallpaper land never to return to her prior state of visibility or relevance in the universe. The PGB storyline was definitely wince inducing but I would take moving on from there with those connections over the nothing she seems to have become.
    So you too hated that for that same reason! I'd thought I was the only one who was bothered by that.

You mean this?

"I'm a work in-progress" Apparently, this clone(Divine) isn't complete yet, and the armor/hood thing is to help the maturation or whatever finish faster.
    I don't think that's what she meant. She's pretty clearly on par with Karen even when wearing the suit and has no real trouble with her when it is damaged.

Well, yeah, but..... for whatever reason her outfit stayed that way.
    Divine had a limited number of appearances and all of those were supposed to be a day or two in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think that's what she meant. She's pretty clearly on par with Karen even when wearing the suit and has no real trouble with her when it is damaged.
    Enh, there's an entire dialogue about how Divine is getting more powerful, and the suit isn't completely full when she first appears. It's like for the first half of that fight Divine is actually gaining muscle mass. Which PG actually mentions here when she says that Divine is getting "bigger". At the end.. the only part of the suit PG removed was the hood. the rest was Divine undressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Divine had a limited number of appearances and all of those were supposed to be a day or two in-universe.
    A few days, there's even a scene between the first fight and a later one where PG has a Max Lord induced nightmare. Soo.. plenty of time to put on a shirt.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 02-02-2022 at 11:46 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

So, where is Power Girl?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    So, where is Power Girl?
    Short answer, who knows? Longer answer depends on which Power Girl you mean. There is a version in the silly thing going on now., but that doesn't seem to be in continuity. Presuming the question refers to the classic version of the character---that one is still in limbo. Maybe she's the one who's been around in that multiverse stuff, but there's nothing AFAIK that say so definitively, and I can't say what that character is doing now. Nothing, I suspect.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Nothing seems to be in continuity anymore. That Titans series isn't in continuity either.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So you too hated that for that same reason! I'd thought I was the only one who was bothered by that.
    Nope! I am 100% with you on that!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Short answer, who knows? Longer answer depends on which Power Girl you mean. There is a version in the silly thing going on now., but that doesn't seem to be in continuity. Presuming the question refers to the classic version of the character---that one is still in limbo. Maybe she's the one who's been around in that multiverse stuff, but there's nothing AFAIK that say so definitively, and I can't say what that character is doing now. Nothing, I suspect.
    I meant the one who appeared during post-crisis years who was the Power Girl of the original Earth-2.

Extraordinary Member

I meant the one who appeared during post-crisis years who was the Power Girl of the original Earth-2.
    Well, then, who knows? She's the one who really is unaccounted for. The last anyone but DC know we saw her was in the finale of her own series plus that final JLI project that landed just before Flashpoint. After that, we got several Elseworlds PGs, plue the nu52 version, and now another probable Elseworld's PG. But the OG PG is still MIA AFAIK. Random appearances in multiversal stuff recently by yet another PG who may or may not be classic OG PG notwithstanding.

She's in a new joke book: One Star Squadron. Possibly mind controlled by Max Lord, cause she is suddenly his biggest fan...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah