Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She's in a new joke book: One Star Squadron. Possibly mind controlled by Max Lord, cause she is suddenly his biggest fan...
    So far though, the feeling around here, true or not, is that it is NOT classic PG in that one, but rather yet another Elseworlds type character in an Elseworlds setting. Mostly as she's acting way out of character, as are others. Whether that's true or not, I can't say yet, but that's what the feeling here seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Divine had a limited number of appearances and all of those were supposed to be a day or two in-universe.
    Anyways, my point with the outfit, is tha Divine wasn't choosing her own clothes... Max Lord did that.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So far though, the feeling around here, true or not, is that it is NOT classic PG in that one, but rather yet another Elseworlds type character in an Elseworlds setting. Mostly as she's acting way out of character, as are others. Whether that's true or not, I can't say yet, but that's what the feeling here seems to be.
    I would love a Dinive comeback, tbh... She went nowhere...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

I would love a Dinive comeback, tbh... She went nowhere...
    She did indeed, but then again so did Power Girl a few issues later. I would just rename her Galatea as in the show, and task her as one of PG's baddies. Which is a problem for Divine, tbh, that she's tied to a character who herself is not yet "back" in DC in any meaningful way.

Incredible Member

She did indeed, but then again so did Power Girl a few issues later. I would just rename her Galatea as in the show, and task her as one of PG's baddies. Which is a problem for Divine, tbh, that she's tied to a character who herself is not yet "back" in DC in any meaningful way.
    Right? Might as well at this point

Last edited by seccruz; 02-09-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Makes me really want a steampunk Power Girl Elseworlds mini...

art by Nick Perks other Sketch by

3 sketch
    https://www.cbr.com/2022-super-dicti...pdate-gallery/

yellow heat vision? O-o'

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    yellow heat vision? O-o'
    That's weird. Earth 2 side effects?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Well...she made the cover of the latest Justice League annual....
    6162695.jpg

I really wish someone at DC would understand the appeal of Power Girl (and the rest of the JSA) and put them back in active duty. Power Girl is not Supergirl, she's ballsier, brassier and a lot more in your face. She's business minded, smart and sharp.

It's not even that difficult to understand her origins...she's from another universe. Just like here, her Krypton exploded. She was sent to Earth to live with her cousin Superman. That Earth later was destroyed as well and she got launched into this universe. Now she's the ultimate refugee. The people she should know aren't the ones she did, but she still came here and made a life for herself, built a career, new friends. Sure change her powers just ever so slightly...like the yellow heat vision would be an interesting twist.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Well, then, who knows? She's the one who really is unaccounted for. The last anyone but DC know we saw her was in the finale of her own series plus that final JLI project that landed just before Flashpoint. After that, we got several Elseworlds PGs, plue the nu52 version, and now another probable Elseworld's PG. But the OG PG is still MIA AFAIK. Random appearances in multiversal stuff recently by yet another PG who may or may not be classic OG PG notwithstanding.
    That is depressing.

Incredible Member

Power Girl's powers are already a little different from the other Supers.
    She gets more of the power from the sun, like plugging into a battery.
    She isn't vulnerable to Kryptonite.
    She can't breathe in space, she needs to take a deep breath first.
    I'm sure there are others I may be missing.

We don't always get a good feel for how strong Power Girl is in reality.
    If she appears in someone else's book (like say Wonder Woman) they are going to make her less powerful.

As for why she isn't used as much as she could be, well it's a lack of imagination on the part of DC/WB.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Power Girl's powers are already a little different from the other Supers.
    She gets more of the power from the sun, like plugging into a battery.
    She isn't vulnerable to Kryptonite.
    She can't breathe in space, she needs to take a deep breath first.
    I'm sure there are others I may be missing.

We don't always get a good feel for how strong Power Girl is in reality.
    If she appears in someone else's book (like say Wonder Woman) they are going to make her less powerful.

As for why she isn't used as much as she could be, well it's a lack of imagination on the part of DC/WB.
    Actually, as of last canon, she is pretty much the same as any other Kryptonian. She is indeed vulnerable to Kryptonite, (though I agree that to be consistent, DC ought to get rid of that with respect to main Earth K if they keep her with her classic origin). Whether or not she can "breath" in space, (you just can't, no matter what your powers are, there's just not enough gas density in deep space), she doesn't need to in canon, being able to cross half the galaxy in pursuit of Superman Prime, and doing the space flight thing with no artificial help many times in canon. No different from other Kryptonians there, either. As for WW....I don't know, the last two times they teamed up in books, (Brave and the Bold #9 IIRC, and an issue or two of Wonder Woman), she was plenty powerful, giving Diana hard fights both times before Diana "won" by snapping brainwashed PG out of it. As for how she "charges", it can be assumed she does so exactly like any other Kryptonian as there has never been a story to suggest otherwise AFAIK.

But yeah, in general, she does job an awful lot. She is in fact the go-to character for that in the DCU.

I'm sure we can all agree DC lacks imagination when it comes to using PG.