Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Well...she made the cover of the latest Justice League annual....
    Attachment 118230

I really wish someone at DC would understand the appeal of Power Girl (and the rest of the JSA) and put them back in active duty. Power Girl is not Supergirl, she's ballsier, brassier and a lot more in your face. She's business minded, smart and sharp.

It's not even that difficult to understand her origins...she's from another universe. Just like here, her Krypton exploded. She was sent to Earth to live with her cousin Superman. That Earth later was destroyed as well and she got launched into this universe. Now she's the ultimate refugee. The people she should know aren't the ones she did, but she still came here and made a life for herself, built a career, new friends. Sure change her powers just ever so slightly...like the yellow heat vision would be an interesting twist.
    I like the time lost royal of the house of Arion better, especially the sigil that comes with it.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Aw
    Karen and her parents! Broke my heart she only had a moment with Lois before she died in Infinite Crisis...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Aw
    Karen and her parents! Broke my heart she only had a moment with Lois before she died in Infinite Crisis...
    Yet another angle to explore with Kara should DC choose. How did being raised by a more...assertive Clark and Lois makes her different from Main Earth Clark and his upbringing by the Kents?

I wonder if with this thing of the Dark Crisis and Pariah trying to resurrect Universe-2, Power Girl could have some role on it. She sould had it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I wonder if with this thing of the Dark Crisis and Pariah trying to resurrect Universe-2, Power Girl could have some role on it. She sould had it.
    Doubt it, except maybe as the resident sacrifice for the Crisis. SG will get all her action. Well, all the good action. Or she doesn't even figure into it.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Aw
    Then she sees her as a zombie

Terrible what they did to earth 2 Clark and lois
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    God, I miss the old Earth 2.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    God, I miss the old Earth 2.
    same here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked this guy's reboot of Power Girl. It's towards the bottom of the article. If you wanna do a hard reboot of the character this is the best angle I found online.

https://comicsalliance.com/justice-l...gn-aaron-diaz/

My other option is just to make her Supergirl all grown up. She's the Nightwing of the Super family.
    This would be a good angle for an alternate continuity/timeline/adaptation set years later than the 'normal' status quo, with Supergirl having become a lot edgier over time and carving her own new identity, separate from her cousin, as Power Girl. The nuEarth 2 gives us a precedent for this, since that version of Power Girl used to be Supergirl.

But if we're talking 'mainstream' continuity, they should just stick to her actual origin as a parallel universe Supergirl. It's really not that hard to understand, especially in this current era where multiverses galore. The complications in Power Girl's origins only really started because DC was pigheaded back in the 80's about not having anything to do with parallel earths or even other Kryptonians. Otherwise, Kara could just have been a survivor of the Pre-COIE Multiverse, which is literally what she was, and what they eventually re-established her as.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yeah. It's a bit weird that they're calling Pariah the 'last' survivor of the original COIE when surely Power Girl is still around.

Come to think of it, isn't she around? I mean, I believe the JSA are back with all their history, so shouldn't she be back as well? And when we last saw her she remembered being from the original Earth 2, so shouldn't that still stand?

On a related note, I really think she's due an appearance in live-action. Maybe she could show up in the CW's Stargirl show, which is supposed to be set on a version of Earth 2 anyway. Bonus points if they get Melissa Benoist to play her
    Last edited by bat39; 02-18-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's nice. Thing is, while I do very much want a PG series again, I don't want THEM on it. I've seen their take on her, and I now want to see other takes. To be fair, they never actually DID anything with PG, save use her as the basis for a joke series. And they could only sustain that for 12 issues. No, time for someone who will DO something with PG to write her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    On a related note, I really think she's due an appearance in live-action. Maybe she could show up in the CW's Stargirl show, which is supposed to be set on a version of Earth 2 anyway. Bonus points if they get Melissa Benoist to play here
    I agree that she's LONG overdue for a live action appearance, (even another animated appearance, she's only had one), but I don't want it to be on the CW. They're pretty terrible these days---all their shows are alike. HBO Max would be a better venue, or a theatrical release of some movie she manages to be in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I agree that she's LONG overdue for a live action appearance, (even another animated appearance, she's only had one), but I don't want it to be on the CW. They're pretty terrible these days---all their shows are alike. HBO Max would be a better venue, or a theatrical release of some movie she manages to be in.
    I'd ideally love a high-quality limited series on HBO Max or wherever. A 70's period piece.

She's an amnesiac who adopts the name 'Karen' based on vague memories of her name. She gradually discovers her superhuman strength, speed and senses, that she can leap one-eighth of a mile and that she's bulletproof (but not completely invincible). And she becomes a vigilante, using her powers to help people and stop bad guys Golden Age Superman-style, even as she establishes a new identity for herself as Karen Starr and tries to uncover the secrets of her past...while a mysterious organization is tracking her and might have some of the answers she wants about her origins.

It practically writes itself!