Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

Is that Bobby?! Far cry from his days as an accounting major drinking beer in his dorm room! Coming out shouldn't have changed him to this degree!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Is that Bobby?! Far cry from his days as an accounting major drinking beer in his dorm room! Coming out shouldn't have changed him to this degree!
    The bottom pic is Christian Frost, Emma's brother, who Bobby's in a relationship with now. It started back in his last, 2018 solo mini by Sina Grace. It's taken me a while to warm up to it, but this latest issue sold me on it actually having some real potential. There's some solidly compelling things Duggan did with their dynamic with this set-up, that I can't wait to see explored further.

But when not in his ice form, he still *pretty* much looks like this:

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the update.

I'll probably never like that Marvel made Bobby gay, but he's always been a fun character in action, and he should be used more.

Marvel Proved a Founding X-Man Is Stronger Than Thor - Here's Why That's Huge
    https://www.cbr.com/ice-man-fights-ice-giants/

Bobby getting some press love.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Thank you, Jbenito, it was a great moment and I can't wait to see where it takes him!

I'm crazy about Bobby for many reasons. His fun, good-natured, all-around likability and spunk, being chief among them.
    Probably the best way to describe it, though, is the easiest.

He just makes me smile.

For the folks who were fans of the writing on his solo title, I thought this might be of interest...

https://www.gamesradar.com/gotham-girl-interrupted/

Gotham Girl's return sits at the messy intersection of trauma and superpowers

BANNED

Can anybody help I.D. where (s)exactly this panel comes from, PLEASE?!

It looks like Clay Mann, so... Legacy, maybe?

I just would really like to know the context of his feelings toward Cyke, here.
    And if Bobby's the one who says, "I love him." AND, if he's still talking about..
    *sigh* Scott, FOR...
    reasons, that may or may not have to do...
    more than a little bit, with THIS:

no, THANK YOU!! (Pepe, Marte, & Gerry!!!)

Not just that... sculpted... sinewy... Summers sugar, though, there's WAY MORE to it! And it's been bubbling since before the Gayla, primarily due to...
    this newfound, effortless swagger he's been parading around and just dripping with, in the Krakoan era.
    It's been stoked by other things, not the least of which obviously, is this required, frequently-recurring-full-nudity clause the PTB worked into his revised, reboot contract.
    Stuff like that though, just brings it to the surface, and is more or less... icing on the (Bobby's) cake!! 8P ;D

The panel in question is Olivier Coipel and its from Avengers vs. X-Men.

I wanna say it was issue 7? The X-Men are discussing with the Avengers, and more specifically with Xavier(?) how to defeat Scott.

BANNED

THANX, Fokken, I wouldn't have guessed that! And ah, Coipel, so pretty.. and YUMMY!!

This isn't their work, but felt like a suitably tasty substitute, that's complimentary & sticks w/the theme.

Astonishing Member

Soooo because I'm still holding out hope that Bobby's next book is going to be X-Men Red, I noticed this.....

Over in his interview about Marauders, Orlando was asked who he would have used on the book if someone else hadn't nabbed them, and he mentioned Colossus and then talked about loving Marrow, but then he ALSO said this:

The real question is who do I want for a team that Al Ewing hasn’t already snagged because he wakes up eight hours ahead of me in Europe. That’s the real question.

And in a previous interview about which characters from Duggan's Marauders would be staying or going, he mentioned that Bobby and Christian had already been snagged for another book and weren't available to him. Soooooo.....I'm just saying.

BANNED

I hope you're right, BW. Why do you think they're waiting to let us know, though?

Whatever it is, I sure wish they'd hurry up and tell us, all this waiting is so frustrating. I hate not knowing things! Stuff like this especially, because it preys on my mind so. And it bothers me even more now, because we've gotten word on everybody else, but not him. That's not right, and I wish they'd stop treating him that way, like he doesn't matter as much as others or something. I keep telling myself that maybe it is just that big of a deal, and that's why they're saving it 'til last, and being so hush-hush. But then I'm like nah, it's just Bobby, they'd never do that for him.

Because sometimes I do get the feeling they're dismissive of him, and don't take him seriously as a character with any potential beyond what he already is and has been, same with Lorna, Shiro, and others. It's probably one of the reasons I like them all, that underdog thing. And I'm used to them being supporting characters, so am even okay with just that. I'll always want more, same as everybody else. But I'd rather see them be at least part of things, than not. As long as they're handled respectfully, of course.

And I can always take comfort in knowing I'm not the only one.

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-24-2022 at 03:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The panel in question is Olivier Coipel and its from Avengers vs. X-Men.

I wanna say it was issue 7? The X-Men are discussing with the Avengers, and more specifically with Xavier(?) how to defeat Scott.

It was #11, and while the art was good...

that was about it. Had to quickly revisit some X-Men '21 issues right after, to cleanse my palate, it was so distasteful.

VERY thankful I was out of comics back then, 'cause I seriously doubt I'd be back now, if I hadn't been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And in a previous interview about which characters from Duggan's Marauders would be staying or going, he mentioned that Bobby and Christian had already been snagged for another book and weren't available to him.
    Could you provide a link to this? It would be at least some sort of confirmation, 'til we get official word.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-24-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Could you provide a link to this? It would be at least some sort of confirmation, 'til we get official word.
    There were a couple interviews that mentioned it, like here's one interview Orlando did back in December:

Why start your run with an annual instead of the first issue of the new series? Is it simply a publishing or scheduling quirk?

The annual is a great way to pass the torch, and reset the table. We'll see some of the old crew, as well as the new crew. We'll see the handoff, from an emotional sense and in a mission sense. We knew some characters would be moving to other books and new missions, but here, we can send them on their way in style. And yes, it was also a way to spend some time with Christian, Pyro, and Bobby, before the all move on to their new roles.
    So we get to mash up our crews, and we also get to make a clean, clear, mission statement in the annual. The threat Brimstone Love poses confirms Pryde's fears, that the enemies of Krakoa are stranger, more surprising, and more conniving than ever. Mutant power on the scale of Krakoa, on the scale of taking over Arakko, an entire planet, seeds a whole new generation of fears and attackers. And with the annual, we show exactly how in an era of mutant strength like we've never seen before, the threats to come will be just as unforeseen and twice and dangerous.
    So in this one he clarifies that Christian and Bobby were going to be moving on to new roles/books and part of why he started with an annual was so he would have a chance to do at least something with them before they left. There was another interview I read but can't seem to find it at the moment, where he specifically said that Bobby was someone he wanted to write but someone had already called 'dibs' on, and that specifically is what made me think the line I quoted a couple posts ago about Ewing calling dibs on characters Orlando wants was a reference to Bobby.

BANNED

Nice, BW, thank you. That's the first time I've seen anything that affirmative from him, about Bobby's future. Maybe we'll learn something more in the Marauders annual tomorrow. And it's great to hear he wanted to write him, makes me look forward to that issue a whole lot more. He seems like a decent human being and passionate creator, with a distinct voice, and I'm glad he's with the X-office now. I'm going to see if I can find that interview. I hope more writers get inspired and want to use him, and he gets some truly major, long-lasting development, in this new role & book. He's in the perfect position to really level up, not just with his mutant abilities, but within Mutantdom & the MU in their entirety. It's (past) time...
    The Iceman Cometh

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-25-2022 at 06:22 PM.