Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm usually not a fan of Bobby in Red, but I think it works here both in the first and third look.
    Yeah, the red is always a "hot" sign, lol, and we don't want Bobby to melt!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

I've always wanted artists and colorists explore the fact that Bobby's ice form doesn't HAVE to be limited to just the usual blue/white. Water can be tinted so many different hues by the presence of other stuff in it, a lot of it naturally occurring, and retain those shades when frozen. It could make for some awesome visuals if this occasionally came into play as Bobby incorporates water and ice from his surroundings and ends up multi-hued or a mosaic of ice of different colors or with his ice form tinted red or violet or green every once in awhile.

BANNED

ICEMAN's lookin' good when he stands up to the bullies while defending "Angie" IN...
    X-Men Monday #182 – *Steve FoXe* Talks ‘X-Men Annual #1’, @Community.CBR.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/05/x-...-x-men-annual/...

Later this month, you’ll be treated to an all-new story from the fantastic Mr. Foxe: X-Men Annual #1.

I had a chance to read the jam-packed Annual, which — in addition to being a visual feast — provides plenty of real estate for strong character work. Whether you’re a Firestar fan or skeptic, you’ll want to pick up a copy when it hits shelves December 21, 2022.

AIPT: X-Fan Storm_4life wanted to know what you hope readers take away from this Firestar-focused annual.

Steve: Well, I will say you get a good dose of the full team here, too, and I hope readers are excited to see this squad thrown into action around the globe. Andrea DiVito and Sebastian Cheng KILLED it on this issue with a number of complicated action scenes and I can’t wait for readers to see their interior pages. I suspect readers will want to see a lot more from this art team, ASAP. ...

eXclusive images are the lettered preview to X-Men Annual #1!...

and *color coordinating* with... HAVOK!!
    😍😋
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    O
    M
    G
    ... can this day get any better?!
    As if X-Terminators #3 deliverin' on Williams' promise of uppin' the ante wasn't enough...
    THIS could likely be my...
    GREATEST GET yet!!

[
    #BobbNaleX
    They're *SO CUTE* 2GETHER!!
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-05-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I've always wanted artists and colorists explore the fact that Bobby's ice form doesn't HAVE to be limited to just the usual blue/white. Water can be tinted so many different hues by the presence of other stuff in it, a lot of it naturally occurring, and retain those shades when frozen. It could make for some awesome visuals if this occasionally came into play as Bobby incorporates water and ice from his surroundings and ends up multi-hued or a mosaic of ice of different colors or with his ice form tinted red or violet or green every once in awhile.
    I like the iceblue purity personally.

BANNED

New fig find alert that I'm *pretty* enthused about, for how well it's done & has *accurately* captured him, IMO.

*actually*... LOOKS LIKE... ICE! 👍

New fig find alert that I'm *pretty* enthused about, for how well it's done & has *accurately* captured him, IMO.

*actually*... LOOKS LIKE... ICE! ��
    Oooh, this is so....COOL, lol! Pun intended!

It looks great.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Ooh yeah that's a beautiful figure.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oooh, this is so....COOL, lol! Pun intended!

It looks great.
    Ooh yeah that's a beautiful figure.
    ThanX, guys, you're both always so encouraging & supportive. It is really nice lookin', and while I haven't actually compared it to say it's the best ever, I do feel confident enough to declare it as definitely being in the top.

ThanX, guys, you're both always so encouraging & supportive. It is really nice lookin', and while I haven't actually compared it to say it's the best ever, I do feel confident enough to declare it as definitely being in the top.
    You are most welcome my Friend!

I love the sculpt, especially the hair and face. Very modern Bobby.

BANNED

I am simply... @ a loss of words, and...

in a state of EUPHORIA!
    🖤🤍

Astonishing Member

I don't know that I'd ever ship Bobby/Alex per se, but I do ship the continued drama of the Bobby/Lorna/Alex love triangle, if that makes sense.

Alex and Lorna are bitching at each other, Bobby hears his name come up....

Bobby (indignant squawk): Hey! How did I get dragged into the middle of this? I thought coming out was supposed to exclude me from this narrative!

Lorna: No, actually that just made it worse.

Bobby: Huh?

Alex: OH NO LORNA'S POSSESSED BY MALICE AGAIN? QUICK, JEAN, MAKE HER GO TO SLEEP!

LOL cute! That's a fun panel.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

LOL cute! That's a fun panel.
    I was distracted & mesmerized by it for more than a few minutes, as it got the creative juices flowing with all sorts of inspired imaginings, lol. Truly though, I'm so enthusiastic about the potential I see in their pairing, it gives me life.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I don't know that I'd ever ship Bobby/Alex per se, but I do ship the continued drama of the Bobby/Lorna/Alex love triangle, if that makes sense.

Alex and Lorna are bitching at each other, Bobby hears his name come up....

Bobby (indignant squawk): Hey! How did I get dragged into the middle of this? I thought coming out was supposed to exclude me from this narrative!

Lorna: No, actually that just made it worse.

Bobby: Huh?

Alex: OH NO LORNA'S POSSESSED BY MALICE AGAIN? QUICK, JEAN, MAKE HER GO TO SLEEP!
    I've played w/miX 'n' match for kiX but never really "shipped" any characters with serious intent and/or effort... 'TIL NOW!! AleX & Bobby are my 1st, lol. While the focus is on them, I'd certainly welcome Lorna into the equation, she is after all... where it sorta stems from, or winds between, however ya wanna look at it. When I think of them, and ideas for stories around them, she's often included & involved anyway. Just recently in fact, revolving around the 3 of them *together* raising that Mojo-baby, toddler Havok, from the Annual preview. The Bobby & AleX coupling alone is where my most intense passion lies & continues to grow, though, more & more... the more I think about it.

Oh, and prior to the scene shown there was another w/them & Firestar, where we get to see the first, subtle signs of this brewing... *tension* between them. I sensed frustration on the part of Bobby, maybe, and perhaps even some jealousy. I'd be interested in seeing what others' read on it was. Initially it seemed negative, but paired w/the later above, that changed.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-12-2022 at 07:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

On another note, I was rereading (well trying to, anyway) some of the issues about the teen 05 in the present, and I think my biggest pet peeve about that era, and the real reason the concept never quite gelled for me.....

Is the different writers from Bendis to Bunn to Hopeless like, all kept trying to act like the 05 were only ten to fifteen years younger than their present day counterparts.....and that the present day had smart phones and was supposed to match our current time period....

But then at the exact same time they constantly had the 05 reminiscing about the past and 'their time period' and acting like it really was the 60s. Scott talking about how he missed old style barber shops and that they were everywhere in the time period they were from, acting like they'd never seen a cell phone before, period, or that there were decades of social progress between now and their own time period....

Except they also kept reiterating that it'd only been like a decade, maybe a decade and a half since they were teens?!

THAT DOESN'T WORK LMAO. Like, at all. And I'm not really sure HOW the X-office and writers justified it to themselves or what they thought they were going for with that, but IMO it just didn't work and the stories of the timelost 05 really suffered every time they had one of those nostalgia scenes because it just resulted in this cognitive dissonance that pulled me out of the story every single time, without fail.

Like its like they thought it was a cute or clever gimmick, some kind of meta commentary, but it just made the whole premise feel very threadbare and artificial and actually made it harder for readers to pretend this wasn't really weird and unnecessarily complicated.

Honestly I think the story would have gone over so much better if they had just cut that out and let readers be like 'okay the teen 05 are from ten to fifteen years ago' and just...that's it. No trying to tie their past to a specific time period, let alone one that's actually several decades in the past because those two things do not match up at all lololol.

Yeah that problem could have been avoided if they accepted the O5 are in their 30s/late 30s. Then their young counterparts would be like 20 years before and would place them in the 90ishes.
    But that's why timetravel from the past don't really work, especially in the Marvel Sliding TimeScale.