Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Pacheco was such a gift to us. We were so lucky. I loved how he drew Bobby's hair.

I also love Carl Broaddus's cartoony pieces. I'm obsessed with his X-Women scene and looking forward to the completion of this one for the men. Bobby looks so frosty and cute.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

From 'Dark Web' #1, "Dusk"...

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    ... prior to the scene shown there was another w/them & Firestar, where we get to see the first, subtle signs of this brewing... *tension* between them. I sensed frustration on the part of Bobby, maybe, and perhaps even some jealousy. I'd be interested in seeing what others' read on it was. Initially it seemed negative, but paired w/the later above, that changed.

BANNED

Not just for RELEVANCY, but because, TRUST ME when I say...

He never even heard a word you said. Probably 'cause he was too busy pervin' on your a$$...

that's why he REALLY wears the visor.

HAVOK, Alex Summers,
    NEEDS...
    ICEMAN, Bobby Drake!!

He's the one he should talk to... the only one who can help him, who can... save him.

TOGETHER,
    they can not only take on the world... THEY COULD OWN it!!

They were
    ... MADE FOR EACH OTHER!
    this is JUST THE BEGINNING, in EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE!

BANNED

Random find, from my recurring 'Marvel X-Men Havok Iceman' Google searches: https://imgur.com/gallery/OjCvxB6

Black & white charcoal/pastel drawing of X-Men’s Bobby Drake Aka Iceman.
    rodriguezjr31

7,027 Views • March 11 2019 • via iPhone

https://i.imgur.com/oNt9BNH.mp4

Astonishing Member

Oh wow, that might be one of my favorite images I've ever seen of him.

Random thought, but the sinuous shape of his ice slide there reminds me of his AOA counterpart's tendency to make himself snake-like where the ice slides are basically just part of his body, which brings me to another thought: It'd be cool if for some reason Bobby shaped his ice slide like the head and neck of an ice dragon with him standing/surfing along the dragon's long neck and using the head almost like a battering ram that smashes into enemies or through obstacles.

Idk I was just thinking about the popularity of The House of Dragons and it makes me lol that mutantdom is emphasizing various families as 'Houses' such as the House of M, the House of X, etc....and given that a Drake is a kind of dragon, any House originating from Bobby would be the Krakoan House of Dragons.

BANNED

A BIG yes, to revisiting & further eXploring Bobby's ice dragon--LOVE.THIS.CONCEPT--and to the development of his own House... of Hot & Cold... ;p GIANT lizards, lol.

And I come bearing more brilliant, artistic gifts: https://www.JasonPastrana.com/
    Here a character study on iceman. Was trying out how to make someone out of ice.

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-20-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Remind me please: I know Bobby is TECHNICALLY (and currently) a resident of the New York Treehouse, but did Bobby ALSO get a place in LA again?? (as of his Marvel Unlimited Digital solo by Luciano Vecchio -- and also consider this a reminder to check that out if you haven't already)

BANNED

Yes, you are correct once again, Fokken. Currently, I believe, he & Dazzler--also in L.A.--are at least 2 mutants that have homes away from home, off of Krakoa. Also, yes again, I do need to finish that yet. Thanks for the reminder, my friend, and... Happy Holidays!!

BANNED

Default X-Men Monday #185 – Jordan D. White Reflects on 2022 and Teases 2023

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nd-Teases-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ... AIPT: OK, now I want you to put on your own Destiny mask and I’m going to throw some rapid-fire questions your way. First, who are three X-characters X-Fans will be talking about in the new year? The first three that come to mind… go!

Jordan: Whatever comes to mind… no, I can’t say that…

Certainly Emma.

I literally am thinking of the ones I really, really can’t say…

Probably Iceman.

AIPT: OK, last one. It’s a long year.

Jordan: It is, it is. And I’m trying to cast my mind across what I know is going to happen…

Let’s say Kate.

AIPT: Do you see any new romance?

Jordan: Do I see new romances? Oh yeah, sure. I mean, I’m not going to tell you.

AIPT: Are there any new X-series we’re not currently aware of being worked on?

Jordan: Definitely....
    Not the most enthusiastic of endorsements, but still, he went on to say:
    AIPT: So Emma Frost, Iceman, and Captain Kate Pryde.

Jordan: Yeah, they all have some big stuff coming.
    And I'd still be in wait & see mode anyway, even if it were (more of a ringing endorsement). Most burns heal but usually leave scar tissue, i.e., once bitten, twice shy. I was happy to see him get the mention, though, in that conteXt. My hope would be his own team, finally, made up of peers more on equal footing with him in status, outlook, and maybe most importantly...

... re. those that follow the "rules" vs. those that break 'em, reminded me of all things...

TAS!

"Anytime, 🍎 polisher, I'm right here."

https://twitter.com/KaotiCoolMagnet/...41191143288865
    THEM!
    Poor Bobby, his sis from another Miss,😉
    that darn Lorna...she's so competitive.😁
    Conjecture:
    #ColdCOMFORT bypassed barriers,
    other #XMenTAS episodes did not...
    burrowed deep into my subconscious,
    then took root & supplanted my brain.😵*💫
    #XMen #Marvel #Comics #DisneyPlus 😍
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Ironically the adaptation that most people think was least faithful to canon Bobby Drake is the adaptation I think was most faithful to canon Bobby Drake, lmao. Its just that it specifically adapted the young Bobby Drake who hated Xavier's mind games and challenged him constantly before being retconned as a blindly loyal yes-man upon the 05's return to the X-Men in Claremont/Lee's X-Men relaunch. All because most writers after that point couldn't fathom how a character known for being goofy and fun-loving might also simultaneously hold strong opinions about an authority figure who has a bad habit of mind controlling his students into compliance.

*And before people challenge that with a 'that's a retcon about Xavier being an *******' well no, actually, Bobby's only extensive history with Xavier prior to X-Men #1 is from the time the 05 were the Professor's students in the original X-Men run, which was chock full of things like the Professor faking his death, mindwiping Bobby's parents into forgetting where he even was, making Johnny Storm forget he ever met Bobby in his civilian identity after the two teamed up on a cruise, convincing Jean to lie to her friends about what the Professor was doing, putting the 05 through realistic psychic simulations that were designed as no-win scenarios where they all died just to 'make sure they were aware of the stakes' - nah, original recipe Xavier WAS the *******, benign Charlie was the retcon, and before the Claremont/Lee return to the mansion, Bobby came by his extremely canonical mistrust and animosity towards the Professor honestly. And man do I miss it.

His character lost so much when they took away that element of his 'youth in revolt' character concept that originally was his niche within the 05, NOT the class clown (Bobby, Warren and Hank ALL used to goof off regularly for the sake of humor in those comics, it was never unique to just Bobby himself, which is why although I love silly Bobby, I do dislike that he was the only one to become defined by it at the expense of sanding down all his rougher edges.)

But man, Cold Comfort will always have a special place in my heart because its pretty much the only place since the 80s where you can find a Bobby who sticks to his guns and doesn't have a problem telling even his best friends where to shove it when he thinks they're wrong, because he does actually have his own mind and opinions, not just bargain basement bootleg versions of everyone else's.
    ATTITUDE!!!

"I CHOSE to think for myself, instead of always playing the good soldier-boy."

BANNED

And 1 more to grow on:

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    ... But man, Cold Comfort will always have a special place in my heart because its pretty much the only place since the 80s where you can find a Bobby who sticks to his guns and doesn't have a problem telling even his best friends where to shove it when he thinks they're wrong, because he does actually have his own mind and opinions, not just bargain basement bootleg versions of everyone else's.
    This is a great post that makes eXcellent points, and I'll be bringing it over to Bobby's thread for reference & later use in 2023, once it gets here. You hit on something very important that I've been coalescing around, in regard to campaigning for Bobby, Lorna, & AleX's future development(s). I LOVE the idea of them bucking the system and possibly even spurring on a rebellion. I've always perceived them as independent thinkers who question authority & the status quo. I like to think the later years of the OG run, when they were together, encouraged and solidified this "renegade" aspect of their characters (that already eXisted in them as individuals).

'Cold Comfort' was the ****, I never tire of watching it, it's 1 of my most favorite X-Men things... EVER! His Evo incarnation did hint at this, too, as he was shamed for disregarding "orders" and wha... not following the "rules." Which is a common thread at the forefront, of all my favorites really, now that I think about it.

Ultimate Member

And 1 more to grow on:
    The group from the Classic X-Men cover would make an interesting 'Defenders of X' type title (Defenders because Bobby and Warren were both Defenders, briefly, as well as Champions, but 'Champions of X' doesn't ring for me). Needs a little melanin, but otherwise, an interesting collection of often-overlooked X-folk.

And gosh, it's been years, and I still don't recall seeing any real conversation between 'best friends' * for years* Bobby and Warren about Bobby's post-Bendis life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The group from the Classic X-Men cover would make an interesting 'Defenders of X' type title (Defenders because Bobby and Warren were both Defenders, briefly, as well as Champions, but 'Champions of X' doesn't ring for me). Needs a little melanin, but otherwise, an interesting collection of often-overlooked X-folk.

And gosh, it's been years, and I still don't recall seeing any real conversation between 'best friends' * for years* Bobby and Warren about Bobby's post-Bendis life.
    Interestingly enough, both Lorna & AleX were also members of The Defenders, albeit even more briefly... for like a day, lol. I am intrigued by this 'Defenders of X' idea, though, and as I've been at this a while... I got you, the cast additions and/or changes are already covered. I love me some of that Angel food cake & like the screamer a lot, too, but I'd swap them both out for...

fellow but far fierier Richie rich-boy, Shiro, and...

a trained but more somber time-traveling tactician, in Lucas.

I'd also add Ms. Dani Moonstar, of course, as the most prominent rep of that rather unusual rarity... the psionic POC.

The earth-shaker Rictor's on the list, as well. He's a favorite, and w/avatars for air, water, & fire already there, it seems like a no-brainer to complete the set. This would leave the other 3 as an eXplosive, empathic battery, in their mutant "circuit" combo. Tempo & Blink were on my mind, too, and remain there.

Warren did get together w/Bendisized Bobby in Sina Grace's 1st Iceman solo outing, #7, I think it was. There was a li'l flirtatious teasing, which isn't surprising as WW3's the epitome of a "stag", in certain ways. And while there were some nice moments, IIRC, none of it was all that deep in a 1 on 1, more personal sense. It's been a bit since I've read it, though, so I could be misremembering and/or forgetting something.