View Poll Results: Should Joe Biden Run For A Second Term?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - He’s The Best Option

14 27.45%
  • No - He’d Too Old.

26 50.98%
  • I’m Undecided At The Moment.

11 21.57%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Joe Biden Run For Re-Election In 2024?

By the time we reach 2024 Joe Biden will be 82, and if he wins a second term he’ll only be a few years away from being 90. So I have to ask the fine gentleman and gentlewomen here do you want the very old Biden running for re-election? Biden isn’t getting younger and frankly I’d be hard pressed to imagine he’d be able to serve another four years in one of the most stressful and demanding jobs there is being the leader of the free world but do you guys still think he should run again or do you think he should be a one term president out of concern of his age?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-01-2022 at 06:39 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'd leave it up to him. It's too soon to be worrying about this. He isn't even past his first year in office yet.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Well, he's already surpassed the average male life expectancy in the US a few years back, so....

I would like to see him retire, and enjoy his final few years.

He's been a good servant to the country, (though u always run the risk of losing when a winner steps aside) it's time for him to take a rest.

BANNED

In a vacuum, yes. Given the options when he bows out, I'm torn. Kamala Harris has shown me (and the country, outside of reflexively defensive supporters of anything Democratic) absolutely nothing to give me confidence she could either rally support to be elected over a Trump/Desantis type or that she could govern if elected. Of course if I were faced with the same choice I had last time (and the time before) of X vs Trump I'd take X, but I'd be doing it to vote against Trump. That's not a great choice to make and I'm not sure the public at large would be as motivated to vote against Trump when it's several years removed from his bungling of the pandemic and the economic downturn.

I like several options we had last time around, but clearly the Democratic voter base didn't and likely the electorate at large wouldn't either (as they are further to the left than the Biden's of the world). I don't see a viable centrist alternative. I'd like to be wrong, and some charismatic individual rise up and take a leadership role leading up to the 2024 cycle to give Biden something to think about. Sadly I think he's going to limp into 2024 as a shell of the man he was and it's going to depend on how conditions in the country are at the time (Covid, the economy, wildcard events we can't foresee) as to whether people will vote to stay the course or "switch it up" like they did with Trump (probably again with Trump).

Short answer, give me an alternative and I'll gladly co-sign Biden limping off into the sunset to enjoy the handful of years he has left.

I mean, if he wants to, but I think he will face a more progressive primary challenger, and should. I wish the poll had an option for making it clear that it's fine if the incumbent has another go, but it shouldn't mean this is a rubber stamp all the way through.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Both parties need to find younger candidates.

I'd better wait and give President Biden two more years to prove his worth. Then i will decide what my opinion is of him.

It's not yet a full year since the inauguration. Some Democrats feel he is not doing enough on certain issues. Some Republicans accuse him of overreaching and overstepping his authority or neglecting his duties.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

After today's feisty speech, I am a yes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Both parties need to find younger candidates.
    Hard to do that when younger candidates struggle to get votes in some cases. Along with younger folks taking the time to VOTE.

How many of the folks in office like Eddie Bernice Johnson have already won reelection when only 1% of the votes have been counted?

Take a look at the turn out of some of those elections. How many voted?

Spectacular Member

To answer the question, Good God no, he and the Giggler need to be exorcised NOW, for reasons toooo many to list, they have zero accomplishments to run on, so theres no platform. Obama won in large because of his skin color and apathy for continuing the Bush agenda, but had no platform either beyond creating the blatant divisiveness that permeates this country today. Hillary still thinks she’s relevant, an Bernie Sanders, who has NEVER worked a day in his life?? What does that really say? I am liking the fact that while some of these geriatrics are thankfully retiring out of both parties, it is soldiers, who understand honor, discipline and a code of ethics, that are running for a number of these seats. Long way to ‘22 and ‘24, Biden has to focus on stealing this election(s) too, cause he’s fucked up everything else. Get yer popcorn…

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    To answer the question, Good God no, he and the Giggler need to be exorcised NOW, for reasons toooo many to list, they have zero accomplishments to run on, so theres no platform. Obama won in large because of his skin color and apathy for continuing the Bush agenda, but had no platform either beyond creating the blatant divisiveness that permeates this country today. Hillary still thinks she’s relevant, an Bernie Sanders, who has NEVER worked a day in his life?? What does that really say? I am liking the fact that while some of these geriatrics are thankfully retiring out of both parties, it is soldiers, who understand honor, discipline and a code of ethics, that are running for a number of these seats. Long way to ‘22 and ‘24, Biden has to focus on stealing this election(s) too, cause he’s fucked up everything else. Get yer popcorn…
    Stealing? Please, that's so debunked it's not funny.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

He's older than any President ever at the moment.

I don't think anyone should be confident in his abilities in six years time.

He should not run for another term. I can understand why he might not want to announce that for another year and a half.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Wins for the most factually incorrect passages of any post. And insulting to boot. Nicely done.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I am in favor of a younger presidential candidate. Both Clinton and Obama were in the late 40's when they were elected to the presidency. Neither of the two men is very rich nor has a wealthy father.

Kennedy was only 43 years old making him the youngest elected POTUS in history. Only Theodore Roosevelt was one year younger than JFK when he succeeded McKinley. But Jack was not elected because of his age. His election campaign had the financial backing of his extremely rich daddy.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 01-06-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I am in favor of a younger presidential candidate. Both Clinton and Obama were in the late 40's when they were elected to the presidency. Neither of the two men is very rich nor has a wealthy father.

Kennedy was only 43 years old making him the youngest elected POTUS in history. Only Theodore Roosevelt was one year younger than JFK when he succeeded McKinley. But Jack was not elected because of his age. His election campaign had the financial backing of his extremely rich daddy.
    Nixon spent more than Kennedy. His Father helped getting him into Congress, but that's not why he won the Presidency.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!