View Poll Results: Should Joe Biden Run For A Second Term?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - He’s The Best Option

14 27.45%
  • No - He’d Too Old.

26 50.98%
  • I’m Undecided At The Moment.

11 21.57%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    To answer the question, Good God no, he and the Giggler need to be exorcised NOW, for reasons toooo many to list, they have zero accomplishments to run on, so theres no platform. Obama won in large because of his skin color and apathy for continuing the Bush agenda, but had no platform either beyond creating the blatant divisiveness that permeates this country today. Hillary still thinks she’s relevant, an Bernie Sanders, who has NEVER worked a day in his life?? What does that really say? I am liking the fact that while some of these geriatrics are thankfully retiring out of both parties, it is soldiers, who understand honor, discipline and a code of ethics, that are running for a number of these seats. Long way to ‘22 and ‘24, Biden has to focus on stealing this election(s) too, cause he’s fucked up everything else. Get yer popcorn…
    I've known quite a few soldiers/military folk in my time. I admire their interest in serving their country, even those who did so for lack of other viable options or out of family obligation, but there's a good percentage of them I wouldn't trust to run an ice cream stand and a few I wouldn't trust to make change for a nickel. Not any more or less than the general population, but military service is no guarantee of a greater ability to govern or lead or certainly to develop solutions to problems. It looks good on the resume and makes for a good shield from criticism on certain topics (like Republicans who wear flag pins to "support the troops", but consistently vote against pay increases that might get some soldiers off of government assistance programs to feed their families or providing them with body armor).

Given how the Right treated John McCain and called him a RINO and weak and given his military experience (which has been talked about enough that I won't rehash, but good luck finding a politician who can compete with it) I think it's clear even the MAGA crowd (well, especially the MAGA crowd who are enthralled by a draft-dodger who mocked soldiers for dying for others) doesn't give a damn about it as a qualifying trait.

It's like term limits, sounds good and like it makes sense until you take a minute to really think about it. You think there'd be more or less corruption if the halls of Congress were a turnstile and folks didn't have to worry about reelection every cycle? If people were gone before investigations got off the ground, let alone wrapped up? There'd be more or less transition to and from the private sector jobs that they influence or have oversight of? That people would be better at their jobs without experience working with the other side or navigating the systems/institutions they're expected to govern? It makes sense like "throw out all the bums" makes sense, sounds good to get off your chest but doesn't hold up under examination.

Astonishing Member

Just like how we have a cap on how young a president can be, we need a cap on how old they can be.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Just like how we have a cap on how young a president can be, we need a cap on how old they can be.
    just so long as they can remain Rich and White then?...

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I would much rather have 78 year old Joe Biden become President than 54 year old George W. Bush.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I would say no but who is the other option? Who is there out there right now that's going to bring the various corners of the democratic vote together in the numbers needed to beat Trump?( and it is going to be Trump again.) I can already tell you How the next Presidential election is going to play out.

Biden isn't going to abdicate like so many on the left want him to. Trump is going to run again. There are going to be GOP competitors, but they are essentially going to divide up any anti-Trump vote that's left in the Republican party. So by the time the GOP pool has been widdled down to two candidates, it's going to be too late. Trump wins the GOP vote.

Biden even if he doesn't have an opponent is going to struggle with elements within both the Democratic party and the independent vote that weren't exactly wowed by his first term. It's going to come down to two things...

1. How big a role will gerrymandering and "stop the steal" shenanigans play in swing states.

2. The enthusiasm gap. If Biden is still polling this low come election time the Dems are going to need to do something out of the ordinary.

I voted for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primary and then voted for Hillary in the general.

Now I still regret my vote for Hillary Clinton, but I will not regret my vote for Joe Biden, because I was not voting for him. I will never vote for a corporatist again. We live in a dying world that is being consumed by corporate greed and I won’t support evil in any form not even a lesser one.

The New York Times has a piece about internal conversations from leaders of the Democratic party who don't want Biden to run again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/11/u...democrats.html

In an appearance on a Sunday morning show, AOC would not commit to supporting a Biden reelection bid.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/12/polit...ntv/index.html

It's rare for a prominent member of the political party to say anything other than that they would fully support a reelection bid.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I am not a big fan of his so far (I did vote for him) but I will never vote for any of those Republican fools. Especially that scum from Florida.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The New York Times has a piece about internal conversations from leaders of the Democratic party who don't want Biden to run again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/11/u...democrats.html

In an appearance on a Sunday morning show, AOC would not commit to supporting a Biden reelection bid.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/12/polit...ntv/index.html

It's rare for a prominent member of the political party to say anything other than that they would fully support a reelection bid.
    In fairness it's rare to see a Party looking at a slaughter in the coming mid-terms who are spending time and political capital on undermining or primarying their more progressive members in order to move the party more towards the center. Hard to get on board fully for that, given what should be the greater priority (holding onto as much of what you can while you can), let alone trying to be inclusive to a wider range of views within the party than "everyday business-friendly centrist Democrat in the Clinton mold".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Both parties need to find younger candidates.
    I agree on the GOP's front. Trump needs to step aside and people need to move on. DeSantis has the charisma and actually gives a damn about advancing conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
    I agree on the GOP's front. Trump needs to step aside and people need to move on. DeSantis has the charisma and actually gives a damn about advancing conservatism.
    Which is the GOP way of saying he is homo/TransPhopic and racist enough to be our guy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
    Good to see someone on the Right admit that modern conservatism is racist, homophobic fascism.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

I'm sure many Democrats would prefer that Biden not be their candidate in 2024, but there doesn't seem to be any really good alternative who has a strong chance of winning in the general election. Biden at least was able to beat Trump in 2020, and no one else has that on their resume'.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I'm sure many Democrats would prefer that Biden not be their candidate in 2024, but there doesn't seem to be any really good alternative who has a strong chance of winning in the general election. Biden at least was able to beat Trump in 2020, and no one else has that on their resume'.
    Harris would seem like the next choice since she is VP. But you want to get the woman hating racists to vote put her on the ticket. I am not saying this is a reason she should not run. But to be honest I dont think that is a campaign that she and most Dems are ready for.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Nothing against him, he seems to be a decent person and a good choice for now, but for God's sake, no, pick someone younger.
    (But I'm not American, so my opinion is just as a watcher, concerned due to the impact your politics have on the rest of the World.)

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I mean, if he wants to, but I think he will face a more progressive primary challenger, and should. I wish the poll had an option for making it clear that it's fine if the incumbent has another go, but it shouldn't mean this is a rubber stamp all the way through.
    Is there anyone as a possibility already? Besides Kamala Harris, who doesn't seem to get a lot of spotlight as a VP.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred