View Poll Results: Should Joe Biden Run For A Second Term?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - He’s The Best Option

14 27.45%
  • No - He’d Too Old.

26 50.98%
  • I’m Undecided At The Moment.

11 21.57%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Nothing against him, he seems to be a decent person and a good choice for now, but for God's sake, no, pick someone younger.
    (But I'm not American, so my opinion is just as a watcher, concerned due to the impact your politics have on the rest of the World.)

Is there anyone as a possibility already? Besides Kamala Harris, who doesn't seem to get a lot of spotlight as a VP.
    I think that they are in a bit of a tough spot.

Anyone who is a part of the current administration?

Republicans will say "Responsible For All Of Your Problems Right Along With Biden..."

While I personally feel that the guy is showing his age, I don't know that there is a better option than him.

Even more so if Republicans do well in the fall, and hobble Biden for the rest of this term.

Biden is really starting to feel like Jimmy Carter- someone who wanted to do so much, but got torpedoed due to politics, inflation, etc. What scares me in that comparison is we got 8 years of Reagan out of that; I shudder to think what a Republican would do to the country after Biden.

As it stands now, I would like for Biden to run again. But I think that's mostly because there isn't a strong alternative that's put themself out there yet. Also, it isn't readily apparent who the Republican nominee is yet either. Sure, Desantis is putting himself out there as a potential candidate, and Pence wants the big job as well. And that's all well and good- unless Trump decides he wants to be President again, at which point will the Republican Party just appoint him to be the candidate, or would he be forced to compete for the position again.

I think that Biden would still have a shot against Trump again, or Desantis. I can't imagine that schmuck is popular anywhere outside of Florida- and really, I can't believe he's popular there, either. And Pence has all the personality of a garden slug. Then again, if the Democrats can find a Progressive candidate that is younger and appeals to a wider part of the country, not only do I think the Democrats would push for that person to run, I think that Biden might even decide to get behind the candidate and only serve one term.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Biden is really starting to feel like Jimmy Carter- someone who wanted to do so much, but got torpedoed due to politics, inflation, etc. What scares me in that comparison is we got 8 years of Reagan out of that; I shudder to think what a Republican would do to the country after Biden.

As it stands now, I would like for Biden to run again. But I think that's mostly because there isn't a strong alternative that's put themself out there yet. Also, it isn't readily apparent who the Republican nominee is yet either. Sure, Desantis is putting himself out there as a potential candidate, and Pence wants the big job as well. And that's all well and good- unless Trump decides he wants to be President again, at which point will the Republican Party just appoint him to be the candidate, or would he be forced to compete for the position again.

I think that Biden would still have a shot against Trump again, or Desantis. I can't imagine that schmuck is popular anywhere outside of Florida- and really, I can't believe he's popular there, either. And Pence has all the personality of a garden slug. Then again, if the Democrats can find a Progressive candidate that is younger and appeals to a wider part of the country, not only do I think the Democrats would push for that person to run, I think that Biden might even decide to get behind the candidate and only serve one term.
    The one upside is that I feel like the Republicans that Biden will have to contend with are nowhere near as competent as the ones that Carter had to contend with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

A Republican President with a Republican-controlled house and a right-leaning Supreme Court is a real possibility.

That possibility will likely make a lot of people vote Democrat again at the Presidential level.

That being said, I don't think Biden should run again. Someone younger and more realistic about the current situation should be put forward for the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I'm sure many Democrats would prefer that Biden not be their candidate in 2024, but there doesn't seem to be any really good alternative who has a strong chance of winning in the general election. Biden at least was able to beat Trump in 2020, and no one else has that on their resume'.
    I’m hoping the Democrats are growing a super-candidate in a vat somewhere under Area 51 because the pickings are kind of slim at the moment.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

He is a racist war hawk and should never have been elected to begin with. He is also clearly demented and unable to speak coherently. A man like him should not be president ever again but we just get what the empire wants.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    He is a racist war hawk and should never have been elected to begin with. He is also clearly demented and unable to speak coherently. A man like him should not be president ever again but we just get what the empire wants.
    What War did Biden get us into again? The man who is a racist war hawk pulled us out of Afghanistan (Didnt go well) The War Hawk who refuses to send Troops to the Ukraine to fight Russia?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And which group is he racist against? The Latinos the GOP claims he is letting into the country to replace white people? Or the black people the GOP claims he is bowing down too so they can replace white people? The Asians The GOP claim he is in the pocket of because they want to replace white people?

Is it the speaking out against white supremists and hate groups and trying to pass police reform that make him racist? Im just confused on how he is racist? because according to Fox News and the GOP the only group he hates are white people.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I don't think the question should be "Should Biden Run" as much as "Would you vote for Biden if he did run?"

Biden will run if he is convinced it is in the best interest of the Nation, and possibly the Democratic Party.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What War did Biden get us into again? The man who is a racist war hawk pulled us out of Afghanistan (Didnt go well) The War Hawk who refuses to send Troops to the Ukraine to fight Russia?
    ?? Do we not give billions to Israel and continue to bomb the middle east? Wasn't one of the first things Biden did when he got into office was bomb Syria? Is he not the author of the 94 crime bill?

I said what I said. Dude is a menace

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    ?? Do we not give billions to Israel and continue to bomb the middle east? Wasn't one of the first things Biden did when he got into office was bomb Syria? Is he not the author of the 94 crime bill?

I said what I said. Dude is a menace
    yea you are right. lets put Trump back in there. Lots better right? Or maybe Desantis or Cruz. Much Much better right?

Didnt Trump tell some Minority female house members to go back where they came from? Didnt Trump tell the white hate Group the Proud Boys to stand by and refused time and time again to speak out against White hate groups? Yea he is on the black persons side. Not at all racist? Not like Biden who helped pass a bill 30 years ago. A bill a lot of people voted for. a bill that he time and time again in public spoke out and said that he regrets and wishes he hadnt done. When has Trump ever even remotely said sorry for any thing racist he did let alone said.

I mostly agree with the responses that lean towards "Biden should be considered a presidential contender for the 2024 candidacy". Personally, I prefer him over Trump or DeSantis by a lot even though he (Biden) is really old. I don't mind Kamala running either. Honestly, what better options does the Democratic party have?
    Last edited by Oracle; 06-13-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Communitydetective View Post
    I mostly agree with the responses that lean towards "Biden should be considered a presidential contender for the 2024 candidacy". Personally, I prefer him over Trump or DeSantis by a lot even though he's really old. I don't mind Kamala running either. Honestly, what better options does the Democratic party have?
    Sadly they dont really have anyone else. years ago they threw all their eggs into the Clinton Basket and when that didnt happen they floundered for a bit. The party wasnt really unified. and even when Biden got elected the Party is still not unified. And they dont really know what direction they want to go. Stay in the center? Go progressive? And the two sides snipe at each other. Even AOC said she wasnt sure if she could get behind Biden as the nomination. And when Biden was elected given his age the Democrats should have been grooming his hier thinking he would be a one and done. But they didnt. Harris never got out there for whatever reason, Her own fault or others holding her back I am not sure but she really didnt get face forward. And to be honest no one else in the party did either. The most talked about Democrats not Named Biden it seemed where Joe Manchin and Sinema and that was because they held back Bidens agenda.

Mighty Member

He should run as an independent candidate- for president of the retirement home. A place where he can talk about how his hairy legs go blond in the sun.