View Poll Results: Should Joe Biden Run For A Second Term?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - He’s The Best Option

14 27.45%
  • No - He’d Too Old.

26 50.98%
  • I’m Undecided At The Moment.

11 21.57%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    ?? Do we not give billions to Israel and continue to bomb the middle east? Wasn't one of the first things Biden did when he got into office was bomb Syria? Is he not the author of the 94 crime bill?

I said what I said. Dude is a menace
    I agree that centrist Democrats of the Clinton mold tend to be as quick to violent action as any Republican, and giving military aid to Israel (to say nothing about covering for their war crimes and land theft at the UN against most of the rest of the world through our veto power) should be viewed in the same way as our relationship with apartheid South Africa through the '80s, but good luck finding a viable Democratic candidate who won't "support Israel".

It's the same old story, choice between a s***ty candidate and a truly destructive candidate. If you're living in the US you're one vote in a sea of mostly centrist-to-American Taliban voters. You can try to fight for progressive candidates, but you'll be fighting the "leftist" Party itself as well as popular opinion. Given that, you should probably vote for the s###ty candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Biden is really starting to feel like Jimmy Carter- someone who wanted to do so much, but got torpedoed due to politics, inflation, etc. What scares me in that comparison is we got 8 years of Reagan out of that; I shudder to think what a Republican would do to the country after Biden.

As it stands now, I would like for Biden to run again. But I think that's mostly because there isn't a strong alternative that's put themself out there yet. Also, it isn't readily apparent who the Republican nominee is yet either. Sure, Desantis is putting himself out there as a potential candidate, and Pence wants the big job as well. And that's all well and good- unless Trump decides he wants to be President again, at which point will the Republican Party just appoint him to be the candidate, or would he be forced to compete for the position again.

I think that Biden would still have a shot against Trump again, or Desantis. I can't imagine that schmuck is popular anywhere outside of Florida- and really, I can't believe he's popular there, either. And Pence has all the personality of a garden slug. Then again, if the Democrats can find a Progressive candidate that is younger and appeals to a wider part of the country, not only do I think the Democrats would push for that person to run, I think that Biden might even decide to get behind the candidate and only serve one term.
    If Biden doesn't run, Harris would be a very heavy favorite for the nomination. I also don't see Biden trying to endorse anyone over her.

As for Trump, while many Republicans would step aside for him, there are enough who think he had his shot that there would be a competitive primary. At this moment, it does seem DeSantis is his biggest challenger.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If Joe Biden and the U.S. government actually wanted to end the war they would be on TV every day pushing for peace talks, but that’s not what they are doing. Instead they are pumping billions of dollars of arms into a war zone and using Ukraine to fight a proxy war with Russia.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 06-13-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Peace talks with Putin? What should Ukrane give up?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Peace talks with Putin? What should Ukrane give up?
    Sure, Ukraine should not give up. Let Ukraine fight Russia with the U.S. aid. And also let thousands of innocents get killed in this war

I don’t stand with the presidents Biden, Trump, Putin, or any other corrupt world leader. I don’t stand with the oligarchs in the U.S., Russia or any other nation. I stand with the people of this world whose labor is exploited to prop up a rigged economy that funnels wealth to the ruling elite.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I'm sure many Democrats would prefer that Biden not be their candidate in 2024, but there doesn't seem to be any really good alternative who has a strong chance of winning in the general election. Biden at least was able to beat Trump in 2020, and no one else has that on their resume'.
    Liberals in 2020: “Just vote for Biden to get rid of Trump & then we will help you push him left.”

Liberals in 2021: “How dare you call on Biden & the Democrats to use their power to help the people.”

So glad I voted Green. No fundamental change will ever come from voting Blue.

Biden's agenda was very progressive. Stopped by two conservative Dem Senators.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Sure, Ukraine should not give up. Let Ukraine fight Russia with the U.S. aid. And also let thousands of innocents get killed in this war

I don’t stand with the presidents Biden, Trump, Putin, or any other corrupt world leader. I don’t stand with the oligarchs in the U.S., Russia or any other nation. I stand with the people of this world whose labor is exploited to prop up a rigged economy that funnels wealth to the ruling elite.
    For Peace talks, Ukranecwould have to give territory to Russia, what should they give up. You seem to want Biden to deny them arm so they are forced to give up land and many of their citizens to Russian control. With the hopes Putin doesn't then push into Ukranecagain.

If he doesn't get inflation under control he won't have a say in the matter.

He and Janet Yellen f'd up bigtime by passing the unneeded American Rescue Plan, by assuming the inflation was solely transitory due to disrupted supply chains.

(I remember Larry Summers & Paul Krugman arguing over this, and I was like.....no don't listen to Krugman!)

So there better be a 75 basis point basis rate hike on Wednesday to get the CPI down, or stagflation will bring ********* back into power.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Nixon spent more than Kennedy. His Father helped getting him into Congress, but that's not why he won the Presidency.
    JFK was definitely more charismatic that Nixon and he just projected a more positive vision for the country.

Inflation is a global issue and the USA is in the 'middle' range of it but yeah sure it's definitely the American Rescue Act.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    yea you are right. lets put Trump back in there. Lots better right? Or maybe Desantis or Cruz. Much Much better right?
    At least people were willing to step and fight when Trump was in office, and didn't act so pacified like Biden is somehow any better. ICE was created under Obama/Biden. We went from 2 wars to 7 as we engaged with Somalia, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Pakistan. Millions of people were evicted in the 2008 crisis because Obama was indebted to wall street. Not to mention how they deported hundreds of thousands more people than Trump did in their first term alone. There was also the use of the state secrets act to spy on muslim Americans. I can go on and on. People need to get out of their illusion, democrats and republicans are both part of the same empire and want the same thing, there's a difference between political theater and real life day to day issues. Didn't Biden run on public option? How are we in year 3 of a global pandemic and we don't have healthcare? Anyone who opposed universal healthcare outside of this country would be considered far right. Miss me with this Trump whataboutism. The only way America has ever seen change is through radical movements and organizing. Without that we're gonna get dogged around by both dems and republicans and act like one is better than the other, while they kick back on their yachts laughing about how pathetic we are and continue to profit off of our misery.

BoTh SiDEs.

/10 char,.

People were so willing to fight for Trump they staged a terrorist attack on the capital based on an Orange Cry Babies lies and whining so he could fleece the people and steal their money on what he knew was bullshit. And now we have a system in the GOP that is so far gone candidates openly talk about wanting to kill LTGB+ members and their supporters, the threat of trans children being taken from their parents. Laws making it harder for Minorites to vote, womens rights being stripped by Trump appointed judges.

I dont like everything The Dems do and I dont like every thing Biden did but Anyone who really thinks the Democrats and GOP are the same are dumb as rocks.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If Joe Biden and the U.S. government actually wanted to end the war they would be on TV every day pushing for peace talks, but that’s not what they are doing. Instead they are pumping billions of dollars of arms into a war zone and using Ukraine to fight a proxy war with Russia.
    No, hell no. Sorry, but this narrative of "I am all for World peace and against every war, we should aim for peace talks" is straight out of russian trollbook.
    For 1) Ukraine has been asking to talk since before the war. Zelensky has been asking Putin to talk since the beginning, because he correctly says that nobody else can make any meaningful decisions. Putler is obviously scared and hidden somewhere in a bunker and there is small chance he will meet with Zelensky personally.
    2) Everyone from Scholz, Erdogan, Macron, etc. to Pope Francis himself has been trying to make Putler be sensible. Macron has him on speed dial by now. He laughs at them all. This doesn't lead anywhere. Almost every head of countries from Central/Eastern Europe (you know, those that have actual experience with how russians think about countries they consider their property) has been pointing this out.
    3) Ukraine has to have strong position when it finally comes to some actual negotiations. Russia will not come to the table until they suffer major defeat. For that, Ukraine needs weapons. It's not rocket science, they have been constantly asking for that, since the West is too scared to send some UN troops or establish a no-fly zone. Ukrainian soldiers will fight, but they need those weapons. (And sanctions on everything russian, to cripple them economically in the meantime, so they can't finance the wart much longer). Only them will the peace talks be possible.
    5) This whole narrative of "proxy war" is once again, from russian trollbook and is fucking disgusting.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred