View Poll Results: Should Joe Biden Run For A Second Term?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - He’s The Best Option

14 27.45%
  • No - He’d Too Old.

26 50.98%
  • I’m Undecided At The Moment.

11 21.57%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I didn't think Biden should have run in 2020. Dems aren't doing much to motivate voters for the mid-terms, I hope they have a plan for 2024.
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing that as a new thread topic, highlighting and doing a deep dive on the outreach strategies that we're all seeing in our various districts. My county is just barely blue and I've yet to see a single sign or event advertised for my representative. I get a lot of emails and texts asking me to donate though.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This would be a bold political argument to make.
    What do you mean, "would"? It's a quite common position in Europe. Nobel Prize winner Heinrich Böll said back in 1984: "Wir leben in einer Verschwendungsgesellschaft, auf jede Weise Verschwendungsgesellschaft, die Verschwendung als Wachstum ausgibt. "
    (We livei in a wasteful society, wasteful in any way, that sells wastefulness as growth.) Both the think tank named after him and the sustainability research center Wuppertal Institute have been saying for decades that we need to say good-bye to a policy of growth to measure wealth. It's part of the platform of most Green parties in Europe, as well as more left-leaning parties.

It's just that you American's haven't woken up to reality yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    What do you mean, "would"? It's a quite common position in Europe. Nobel Prize winner Heinrich Böll said back in 1984: "Wir leben in einer Verschwendungsgesellschaft, auf jede Weise Verschwendungsgesellschaft, die Verschwendung als Wachstum ausgibt. "
    (We livei in a wasteful society, wasteful in any way, that sells wastefulness as growth.) Both the think tank named after him and the sustainability research center Wuppertal Institute have been saying for decades that we need to say good-bye to a policy of growth to measure wealth. It's part of the platform of most Green parties in Europe, as well as more left-leaning parties.

It's just that you American's haven't woken up to reality yet.
    In the context of the American political system, it would be bold for a Democrat running in a competitive district to say that it is a good thing that the economy is slowing down.

I'm familiar with philosophical arguments about this internationally (the "lying flat" movement in China) and in America there is an element of it in the discussion about universal basic income, and elements of pandemic spending. It does seem to be a fringe position that will not be advocated by the likes of Josh Shapiro, the Democratic nominee for Governor in Pennsylvania, or Senator Rafael Warnock of Georgia.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/inflati...n-second-jobs/

So with all this inflation, it's 5% of the workforce that needs a second job. And the vast majority of those are not two full time jobs. The 5% also includes people who work two or more part time jobs, like 30 hours at an office plus a weekend **** at a restaurant. I've done that, here in Germany.
    All you have to do is look at the monthly employment change in the Household Survey, which dropped by 315K in June. The Labor Force Participation rate also dropped in June. It started in March and since June, the US lost another 152,000 full-time employees and 326,000 part-time employees. How do jobs go up while the labor force goes down? Simple. More people working more jobs, something CBS will not explain to you. And now we've reached a record of multiple jobholders with primary and second jobs being both full time. All of these metrics must be combined with everything else to form a complete picture. The media doesn't bother digging into this but I have to for my business. The average Joe may fall for the lipstick-on-a-pig media headlines but economists, business owners, corporate boards, traders, and most importantly investors and lenders will not. We've been planning for this for months and as of today, plans are being implemented.

In any case, this is derailment of the thread and I don't want to further bore people with economics.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think if Biden is not going to run again he needs to make it known with in the party so they can start getting their next choice out there. If he has already I dont know who they have in mind. Maybe they are waiting till after the mid terms to really show their cards?
    Yeah, they probably want to see how the midterms go before making any decisions or announcements. As Mets mentioned, Biden has said he's going to run but that could very well change sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah, they probably want to see how the midterms go before making any decisions or announcements. As Mets mentioned, Biden has said he's going to run but that could very well change sooner than later.
    He has to say. Even more so since it is not the mid terms. I am 100 percent sure that he knows if he is running again. he may be serious when he says he is going to. But even if he is not going to run again he is still going to say that right now.
    Last edited by babyblob; 07-28-2022 at 11:30 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

All you have to do is look at the monthly employment change in the Household Survey, which dropped by 315K in June. The Labor Force Participation rate also dropped in June. It started in March and since June, the US lost another 152,000 full-time employees and 326,000 part-time employees. How do jobs go up while the labor force goes down? Simple. More people working more jobs, something CBS will not explain to you. And now we've reached a record of multiple jobholders with primary and second jobs being both full time. All of these metrics must be combined with everything else to form a complete picture. The media doesn't bother digging into this but I have to for my business. The average Joe may fall for the lipstick-on-a-pig media headlines but economists, business owners, corporate boards, traders, and most importantly investors and lenders will not. We've been planning for this for months and as of today, plans are being implemented.

In any case, this is derailment of the thread and I don't want to further bore people with economics.
    So the 5% number is incorrect?

The Democrats have already anointed Wall Street Pete Buttigieg to lead their corrupt corporate party, which only reinforces the fact that there is no viable path forward inside of the Democrat party.

Buttigieg edges out Biden among Democrats in New Hampshire poll

So the 5% number is incorrect?
    Yes, because it doesn't account for independent contractors, off-the-books jobs, traders, consultants, and business owners taking on additional jobs. For example if someone is trying to sell their artwork as an independent contractor and is working at a retail store to make ends meet, that only counts as one job. So you have to look at the workforce and we're seeing less and less people working but somehow they're paying their bills (or not). Off-the-books/cash-only jobs are rampant right now.

I don't even bother blaming Biden for most of our economic struggles. The question becomes is he the guy that can pull us out? And confidence in him is rapidly declining.

Biden, June 16 2022: A recession "is not inevitable."
    Either his economic advisors need to be fired or they're trying to sugarcoat what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    The Democrats have already anointed Wall Street Pete Buttigieg to lead their corrupt corporate party, which only reinforces the fact that there is no viable path forward inside of the Democrat party.

Yeah, it seems a quiet push for Buttigieg has begun.

He has to say. Even more so since it is not the mid terms. I am 100 percent sure that he knows if he is running again. he may be serious when he says he is going to. But even if he is not going to run again he is still going to say that right now.
    I just hope he doesn't remain stubborn and buck the party if they try to go in another direction.

I just hope he doesn't remain stubborn and buck the party if they try to go in another direction.
    i dont think he will do this. Biden is all about party first and wanting to be peacemaker and work with everyone. So if they decide to go another way I dont see him throwing a fit. I see him making a speech and backing the new person.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

How do things work in the party there? If they are discussing this among themselves, would it be publicly known, or is it possible that Biden and some prominent Democrats have already decided that and are just waiting for the right moment (possibly after midterms) to announce it?
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    How do things work in the party there? If they are discussing this among themselves, would it be publicly known, or is it possible that Biden and some prominent Democrats have already decided that and are just waiting for the right moment (possibly after midterms) to announce it?
    If he made it known to a large number I am pretty sure it would have been leaked by now. But I would not be shocked if he at least had this talk with Shummer, Pelosi, and Harris. And if Harris is not next in line maybe the person they want to put out there.

I think there will be more talk about it with in the party and Biden after the midterms. I dont think they want to add another winkle to what is already a bit of a volatile mid term cycle and distract from a lot of issues that need to be voted on. Dont want to go into the mid term with a self proclaimed lame duck president in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

This is a response by potential primary voters rather than anything the establishment is doing (though they obviously like Buttigieg.)

The problem for the left is that there is currently no obvious choice to run against the establishment favorite.

Sanders is too old.
    Some of his people have indicated they might back Ro Khanna, but he's rather obscure.
    AOC will be old enough barely, but she doesn't have any major accomplishments.
    The rest of the squad is not as gifted.
    Warren may be too friendly to institutions to appeal to the Sanders folks, and bombed the last time around. She may have the best argument for a run, as part of her brand was always that she knows how to use the power of the government to achieve her policy goals without having to rely on Republicans at all.
    Newsom's a coastal white guy.

Is there someone obvious I'm leaving out?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This is a response by potential primary voters rather than anything the establishment is doing (though they obviously like Buttigieg.)

The problem for the left is that there is currently no obvious choice to run against the establishment favorite.

Sanders is too old.
    Some of his people have indicated they might back Ro Khanna, but he's rather obscure.
    Warren may be too friendly to institutions to appeal to the Sanders folks, and bombed the last time around. She may have the best argument for a run, as part of her brand was always that she knows how to use the power of the government to achieve her policy goals without having to rely on Republicans at all.

Hillary Clinton.
    I'm totally kidding. LOL

Sanders is too old.

That is the thing. The Dems are kind of in a panic mode. They can run out an 82 year old man or they can run someone else. But who do they have. Harris was billed as the heir apparent But she has really been out there and the press on her for whatever reason has been slightly negative. Pete B has been getting more out there on tv and in interviews as part of his duties in office. But I cant thing of too many people that have been put out there.

Say what you want about the GOP but they pretty much know what and who they want. it is Trump or Desantis. The only people talking about Pence and Cruz as serious candidates are pence and Cruz. And there is no one else in the GOP liked enough by their party or strong enough to go up against these two on a national level.