Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

You don't bring her back for films just for fun. 7 potential films is a big deal. Sorry.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You don't bring her back for films just for fun. 7 potential films is a big deal. Sorry.
    If she doesn't shine in these films then it is a big deal.

The only two films in which she 'shined' in was BvS and then WW 2017. Her other films were major disappointments.

But we can agree to disagree.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

We don't know that. Trackrecord suggests that the possibility of her being treated badly still exists. They could use her as a jobber in those appearances. Gods know it wouldn't be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If she doesn't shine in these films then it is a big deal.

The only two films in which she 'shined' in was BvS and then WW 2017. Her other films were major disappointments.

But we can agree to disagree.
    The general audience thinks she shines in all her films. But even if someone doesn't, it is a stone cold fact that her being in so many is a big deal. I know some would rather WW just straight up dissappear and not be in any movies if it doesn't fit what they want but Cavil made 3 films. Ben made 2 films. WB moved on from them, WW is still around. Isnt perfect but its a big deal.

yup. Primal Slayer is correct

The general audience thinks she shines in all her films. But even if someone doesn't, it is a stone cold fact that her being in so many is a big deal. I know some would rather WW just straight up dissappear and not be in any movies if it doesn't fit what they want but Cavil made 3 films. Ben made 2 films. WB moved on from them, WW is still around. Isnt perfect but its a big deal.
    The general audience thought she shined when her and the rest of the Justice League got curb stomped? I'll have to let you meet some of the people that I talk to since this is not the impression they give me.

She shined in her WW84 movie? Again, most of the people that I talk to, and they are casual fans, not the ones that have read the comics, would disagree with you.

But, she did shine in BvS and WW2017. I'll give you that!

And i can let you meet the people I talk to who think that the movies were subpar but still enjoyed WW as a character over everything else happening.

And i can let you meet the people I talk to who think that the movies were subpar but still enjoyed WW as a character over everything else happening.
    That doesn't change the fact she didn't shine in jl or WW84 as an action figure. She was pretty weak in both and did nothing impressive. Most people agree that her power was underwhelming.

I never said anything about enjoying Wonder Woman as a character. Only that subpar movies, as you put it, does nothing to really elevate her among others. If she does cameo or guest star in movies with Dwayne Johnson or the Flash, but her character gets jobbed out to show how great and powerful Black Adam, Shazam or whoever else gets to be the hero, then that is not treating the character with respect.

What Primal Slayer has correctly said time and time again is that what most people care about is enjoying a character.

And I dislike your prerogative that Diana should be taken out of any project that doesn't satisfy your desire for her to be the oppresive force.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What Primal Slayer has correctly said time and time again is that what most people care about is enjoying a character.

And I dislike your prerogative that Diana should be taken out of any project that doesn't satisfy your desire for her to be the oppresive force.
    Respecting a characters's power is part of what makes a character enjoyable for a lot of people. I never enjoy WW when she gets jobbed and portayed as a weaklink. And there are a lot of people that feel the same way. Most people agree that her performance in the jl movie sucked. Same with how action scenes were done in WW84.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I don't think winning a fight that she should frankly be able to, or just representing her to be powerful through physical prowess makes Diana an oppressive force in anyway. She is a character created to be "stronger than Hercules" aka the guy that held the infinite weight of the universe and heavens for a bit. what exactly is wrong with, given her portrayals in the film, asking for a more powerful Diana on a level that she should be at?

You do realize that part of the reason this thread was made was because of the possibility that her portrayal in these films would be negative. i.e. jobbing, dying unceremoniously, or being tossed around like a side character. Bad rep or no rep.

So, I guess you're on the side of bad representation is ok because at least she's there on screen?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I'm on the side of stories that move me and characters that interest me. If an action scene does that then I will probably like the scene. I'm absolutely fine with you guys caring about who beats who, but I'm sad that some can't enjoy the good things that these movies had, even amongst the things they dislike.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-03-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Respecting a characters's power is part of what makes a character enjoyable for a lot of people. I never enjoy WW when she gets jobbed and portayed as a weaklink. And there are a lot of people that feel the same way. Most people agree that her performance in the jl movie sucked. Same with how action scenes were done in WW84.
    Do a poll and lets settle this.

edited post.