Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I understand that you can't enjoy Wonder Woman content unless she lifts a giant mountain or punches Darkseid in the face, but don't be surprised when people that enjoy literally everything else there is to like about the giant Wonderverse grow frustated by these constant sh*tposts.

I hope one day DC publishes a comic or movie or show or game that satisfies you, but until then, please remember that DC editors probably don't care about what you write here, and your time would be better used if you messaged them on twitter instead.
    Maybe it would surprise you that the editors don't give a damn about the content you write either.

If the friendly neighborhood Wondy slinging away in malls is to your liking, then more power to you. You are so disinterested in a powerful Wonder Woman, it is a wonder that you even like comic book characters. They are supposed to have amazing powers because, duh, they are superheroes. I am not looking for the next Dostoevsky, just a good story involving Wondy and a consistent powerset.

If they want to depower her and make her permanently a Spidey level threat, then so be it. Come out and say it. When they do, any money that I have been spending on her products can go to better use on other items.

Extraordinary Member

So it's agreed? DC doesn't really care about the opinions we express about our favorite characters on the Internet.

Moving on.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Maybe it would surprise you that the editors don't give a damn about the content you write either.
    Yup that's absolutely true. That's why if I have something to say that I think they might actually listen to, I'll message them on Twitter. Will it work? Probably not. But a much a higher chance of someone listening.

And I don't get angry with other fans about decisions they have nothing to do with. I have conversations in hope that I'll find kinship m or become enlightned by their perspective.

Heck, maybe I do make some dumb choices. Most of the time I spend here is talking things I love (like original Etta Candy) but just yesterday I was trying to convince people that Rebirth Etta wasn't compelling. Probably a waste of time
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-07-2022 at 01:05 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Depends on which version your talking about.
    Either?
    Marvel never was tied to a company like DC has been. There's a reason why Marvel sold the film rights to their characters to separate studios and lost access to them, they didnt do it just because. Do you think WB is going to give away their prized positions to another company to make and only get a portion of the profit?
    I don't think they would, but i often think they should, and not just concerning Wonder Woman.

I understand that you can't enjoy Wonder Woman content unless she lifts a giant mountain[/B]
    I think i will never get you, sometimes you talk about things that sound like they should make Wonder Woman basically a cosmical being or adapt up to cosmical beings, and in other moments it seems like you confuse Wonder Woman with Spider Woman or present something as still kind of trivial as lifting a mountain if we look at what type of superheroes we are talking about as a crazy big archivement, and that after even some newer and younger Wonder Woman writers in Black and Gold thought that Wonder Woman is a type of character who can work in a story were she pulls not just a planet but goes truly crazy strong and pulls literally the sun.

Most of the time we let it these members complain all they want without bothering them, but they still bring no other value to the community.
    And you seem to have some odd gatekeeper ambitions, since when do yo speak for the Wonder Woman community on CBR, and are you even aware of how questionable this part truly sounds?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 01-07-2022 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I think i will never get you, sometimes you talk about things that sound like they should make Wonder Woman basically a cosmical being or adapt up to cosmical beings, and in other moments it seems like you confuse Wonder Woman with Spider Woman or present something as still kind of trivial as lifting a mountain if we look at what type of superheroes we are talking about as a crazy big archivement, and that after even some newer and younger Wonder Woman writers in Black and Gold thought that Wonder Woman is a type of character who can work in a story were she pulls not just a planet but goes truly crazy strong and pulls literally the sun.
    1 Having cosmic adventures has nothing to do with being able to move planets.
    2 No superhero in DC comics has moved a planet since like 2006 or 2007.
    3 I'm not interested in seeing Wonder Woman doing something so irrelevant (since when is moving a planet a creative action scene), but I understand that it's what you want. I don't see why you think that's something that you can demand from writers if they think it's boring storytelling. It's something Wonder Woman did 5 or 6 times across these 80 years, you can't expect her to do anything like that in most stories.
    And you seem to have some odd gatekeeper ambitions, since when do yo speak for the Wonder Woman community on CBR, and are you even aware of how questionable this part truly sounds?
    I've never suggested people should stop commenting. I'm asking people to reflect on the enviroment they create and of course you can choose to continue to shitpost about how "Diana sucks and is a weakling and a jobber, and 2021 was another awful year for her". I wish some would also be interested in discussing other topics, having new conversations.

I don't see the point in coming to this forum every two days and writing "DC should stop publishing Wonder Woman comics, she should be taken off every book featuring other heroes, and she is a jobber". I don't see how people could get satisfaction out of that.

Anyway, in about 2 months we're gonna have this discussion again because nothing will change for you or for us. And this forum will continue to be a wonderful place with one really toxic aspect.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-07-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Mighty Member

1 Having cosmic adventures has nothing to do with being able to move planets.
    2 No superhero in DC comics has moved a planet since like 2006 or 2007.
    3 I'm not interested in seeing Wonder Woman doing something so irrelevant (since when is moving a planet a creative action scene), but I understand that it's what you want. I don't see why you think that's something that you can demand from writers if they think it's boring storytelling. It's something Wonder Woman did 5 or 6 times across these 80 years, you can't expect her to do anything like that in most stories.
    1. I was not talking about your cosmic adventures ideas.
    2. Are you just reading the Street Heroes and metahumans up to Aquaman's level at DC?
    3. Since when is 90% of what we see in the Wonder Woman or most other comics especially creative? 5 or 6 times maybe fits if we are talking about something on par with moving a star, but if we just talking about things around moving planets level there were far more, let alone if we go down to around the level of moving moons or generally affecting the planet in some way, and that is just strength, if we include crazy speed and more we are far beyond 80 times in the 80 years, like it should be for a save the planet and more type of superhero like Wonder Woman. And why can't i expect a superhero who may or may not be a demi-god with Hercules comparisons and is allegedly godly empowered and fights gods, is allegedly the most powerful female superhero at DC, is allegedly 1 of the fastest superheroes of DC and a heavy hitter of the Justice League, has allegedly extremely powerful equipments, and so on to be actually well powerful?

I've never suggested people should stop commenting. I'm asking people to reflect on the enviroment they create and of course you can choose to continue to shitpost about how "Diana sucks and is a weakling and a jobber, and 2021 was another awful year for her". I wish some would also be interested in discussing other topics, having new conversations.
    An environment where different people have different opinions?

I don't see the point in coming to this forum every two days and writing "DC should stop publishing Wonder Woman comics, she should be taken off every book featuring other heroes, and she is a jobber". I don't see how people could get satisfaction out of that.
    I also not.

Anyway, in about 2 months we're gonna have this discussion again because nothing will change for you or for us.
    Who is this us you are talking about, gets the account Alpha used by more than 1 person?

And this forum will continue to be a wonderful place with one really toxic aspect.
    That some people don't like weak superheroes, or at least not a weak Wonder Woman?

I'm just gonna move this discussion to private, this isn't worth anyone else's time
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-08-2022 at 04:42 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I'm just gonna move this discussion to private, this isn't worth anyone else's time
    So, again, you seem to be speaking for everyone.
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 01-08-2022 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling

You can do whatever you want bro

I'd love to see what this community considers a "perfect" supporting cast for Diana. If you could be the architect of a new Wonder Woman movie trilogy or a (fingers crossed!) TV series for HBOMAX, who would you think should be in the cast of supporting players?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I'd love to see what this community considers a "perfect" supporting cast for Diana. If you could be the architect of a new Wonder Woman movie trilogy or a (fingers crossed!) TV series for HBOMAX, who would you think should be in the cast of supporting players?
    For a tv series mine would be: Steve, Etta, Phil Darnell, Julia, Vanessa, Ferdinand, Myndi Mayer and Ed Indelicato. Plus the Holliday Girls and Oddfellows as supporting characters for Etta and Steve. From the Amazons I'd give the most attention to Hippolyta, Phillippus, Nubia, Artemis and Mala. And of course Donna, Cassie and Yara should be around too with major roles.

Pretty much what Psy-Lock said though I probably wouldn't have Yara.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Starting out:

Mans World:
    Etta, Steve, Julia, Vanessa

Amazon:
    Hippolyta
    Phillipus,
    Nubia
    Donna

After S3/4, Vanessa turns into Silver Swan and ends up leaving the series.

Vanessa dies or put in a coma by SS and leaves the series after S4.

Donna comes to Mans World in the S1 finale

Artemis and the Bana are introduced in S3

Cassie is introduced in S5

Yara would be introduced in S7 but with an initial change of her taking Hera's vow to be her weapon.

Extraordinary Member

Hyppolyta
    Nubia
    Donna Troy
    Cassie Sandsmark
    Yara Flor
    Steve Trevor
    Etta Candy
    I Ching
    Zola
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

So, even though we haven't gotten any new developments for Wonder Woman 3 as yet, there are things going on in the rest of the DCEU.

First, there have been leaks for Flash and Shazam 2 which--if accurate--involve Diana to some degree.

Starting with Flash:
    spoilers:
    If the Reddit leaks are accurate, Diana has a small part (pretty much a cameo) in this. Without getting into it, Flash travels to another timeline where Zod and Faora killed Kal-El as a baby, are running amok, and this is the timeline with Bat-Keaton and Supergirl.

And apparently--again, if the leaks are accurate--Wonder Woman simply does not exist in this timeline. According to the leaks, it's made explicit there never was a Wonder Woman in this timeline and that becomes relevant later when Barry returns to the main/new timeline, and one of the first things he sees is a bus with a picture of Diana on the side--which is how he knows things are back to relative normal. I think she makes a small cameo in person at the end when he meets the rest of the League.

Now, I don't know how fans will take it, but me personally--if it's true--I'm good with it. Flash going into a bad timeline was always going to be an integral part of the story, and I'm okay with part of it being "Wonder Woman just does not exist here."

Better that, IMO, than alternatives like "Zod and Faora killed Diana" or "Without Superman, she doesn't become a hero" or "She's evil."
    I'm always saying if they don't have a good role for Wonder Woman in the story, just leave her out of it. And, obviously, they're going to focus on Flash teaming with Keaton and Supergirl, so...yeah, they left her out of it. I'll take it.

And I guess it's kind of neat that one of the signs that everything's good again is Barry seeing a picture of Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers
    If you want to avoid the leaks entirely, without spoilers, I'd say Wonder Woman's part in Flash sounds inoffensive. If accurate, I can't complain.

As for Shazam, if these leaks are accurate, Diana plays a somewhat more relevant part:
    spoilers:
    According to the Reddit leaks, Wonder Woman has two appearances in the movie. The first is more of a gag. Apparently there's a running thing where Billy has a crush on Wonder Woman, and the Wizard teases him by making it look like she's in the Rock of Eternity (she's only seen from behind), but it's an illusion.

Later, without going into the alleged plot, Wonder Woman actually appears at the end to repair the Wizard's staff which restores the Shazam family's powers and saves Billy's life.

It honestly sounds like she's a deus ex machina here, so I don't know how it'll work with the film overall. Just reading a bullet-point summary doesn't really provide context or how they'll execute it. But if your concern is how Diana gets depicted as a character, I see no reason to complain.
    end of spoilers
    Again, if you're avoiding any leaks, Diana has a small but pivotal part. I don't think her fans should be bothered by it.

However, I think if fans are hoping her appearances in these movies is going to restore goodwill lost due to WW84, they might be disappointed. If the leaks are accurate, they're pretty minor appearances. I don't think she's going to be stealing either movie like she did Batman v. Superman.

And on a final note, which kind of goes back to Flash...with the timelines being rewritten and some question of which version of Justice League will remain canon (if either of them), I think it's worth wondering what impact it might have on the Amazons.

Both versions of Justice League were essentially the same for Diana (crap), but I got the impression the Amazons were less devastated by Steppenwolf in Snyder's League than Whedon's. If Diana returning to Themyscira and reuniting with the Amazons is going to be a part of Wonder Woman 3, I guess it would be better if it turned out only some of them died as opposed to almost all of them.

Of course, now with Ezra Miller imploding before Flash's movie is even out, I think the DCEU is going to be in even more disarray.
    I think at this point, they should let Gal wrap up her trilogy, give Aquaman & Shazam theirs (assuming their sequels do well enough) and pull the plug.