Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So is it cool to ask peoples favorite Spectre vengeance moment? Dude enacts vengeance a lot so he gets his moments, but it can be gruesome so was unsure.

Mine is when he turned Arthur Light into a candle a light him on fire. Cathartic and good irony for a villain called Doctor light.
    Him taking out Arthur Light is it for me as well.

That time he turned his victims into his fingers and injected himself with drugs was brutal as well. I think that one was also a reference to JL villain Felix Faust.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Just finished a full-series re-read of Gotham Central-- what an A**hole James Corrigan is!! "Corrupt cop" hardly begins to describe him. 'Corrupt, corrupting, murdering cop' comes closer. So how (and what issue of what series) did Jim Corrigan become The Wrath of God? I don't remember, or have never known-- and now, having re-read how awful he was, am very very curious. Is it a penance he's paying?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Just finished a full-series re-read of Gotham Central-- what an A**hole James Corrigan is!! "Corrupt cop" hardly begins to describe him. 'Corrupt, corrupting, murdering cop' comes closer. So how (and what issue of what series) did Jim Corrigan become The Wrath of God? I don't remember, or have never known-- and now, having re-read how awful he was, am very very curious. Is it a penance he's paying?
    Wasn’t Corrigan in Gotham central completely unrelated to the Spectre?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I remember Crispus Allen becoming the Spectre instead. In Gotham by Midnight Corrigan is back to being the Spectre but I don't know if these two versions of Corrigan are meant to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    The Corrigan who became the Spectre had passed on to the next life at this point in continuity.

The Jim Corrigan in GC is an entirely different person who happens to share the name and is yes, also a cop. I think it's just foreshadowing for Crispus becoming Spectre though.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly