Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

"The Brain", an executed nazi war criminal whose head bounced around trying to possess people, had a couple of stories in the Atlas era, reprinted in the 70's. Have the Agents of Atlas ever gone up against him?

His first story, The Brain, was printed in 1951 in Adventures Into Terror #4, in 1974 in Crypt of Shadows #11, and in 1993 in Curse of the Weird #1. His second story The Return of the Brain was printed in 1951 in Adventures Into Terror #6, in 1975 in Giant-Size Werewolf #1, and in 1993 in Curse of the Weird #3. But he hasn't been in any new stories since 1951, and therefore, no, has never fought the Agents of Atlas.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Otto_...er_(Earth-616)
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Adven...Terror_Vol_1_4
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Adven...Terror_Vol_1_6
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't Atlantis Attacks this?
    There were hints of possible team-up's in there. The cast was so huge that it nearly felt crowded. Greg Pak expertly navigated that though so the story still made sense. However, there was a lot to continue there. There were nice moments like this between White Fox and Gorilla-Man:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Anybody else check out Silk #2? It was a nice story. It's always good to see Agents of Atlas acknowledge one another. Dug the overall vibe of the story as well. Yes it's Cindy's story, but I was getting some Peter Parker vibes in terms of her life.

Good stuff.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Anybody else check out Silk #2? It was a nice story. It's always good to see Agents of Atlas acknowledge one another. Dug the overall vibe of the story as well. Yes it's Cindy's story, but I was getting some Peter Parker vibes in terms of her life.

Good stuff.
    It was a fun issue.

Good stuff.
    I did find it odd that she was taking coding classes. Cindy is notoriously bad with computers (due to missing over a decade of technological advancements), hence why Jonah calls her Analog. She usually only uses computers for web browsing and typing reports for her job. Coding sounds too expert level for a novice like her.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There were hints of possible team-up's in there. The cast was so huge that it nearly felt crowded. Greg Pak expertly navigated that though so the story still made sense. However, there was a lot to continue there. There were nice moments like this between White Fox and Gorilla-Man:

This dialogue is on-point .

Anybody else catch Marvel Voices: Identity #1?

From the previews, we could tell that Agents of Atlas like Shang-Chi and Jimmy Woo would appear. Their conversation really hit on some big themes, like those of differences between the Asian and Asian-Americans.

At the same time, there were some cool shout outs to the Agents of Atlas. Heck, I think we saw some potential future members of the group! Check it out if you haven't done so already.
    "I am a man of peace."

You mean Sister Dagger? She's a supporting cast member from Shang-Chi's current solo book - Shang and Jimmy each had some allies show up, and she was among them, that's why she was shown among the AoA. Though I haven't been reading Shang-Chi and only know where she came from because they mentioned it at the end of the issue.

It's interesting to see that Ms. Marvel was back with the group, and had a meeting with Shang in her own story as well. I guess bridges have been mended after the events of New Agents of Atlas #1, in which she stormed out.

You mean Sister Dagger? She's a supporting cast member from Shang-Chi's current solo book - Shang and Jimmy each had some allies show up, and she was among them, that's why she was shown among the AoA. Though I haven't been reading Shang-Chi and only know where she came from because they mentioned it at the end of the issue.

It's interesting to see that Ms. Marvel was back with the group, and had a meeting with Shang in her own story as well. I guess bridges have been mended after the events of New Agents of Atlas #1, in which she stormed out.
    Yes Sister Dagger and Leiko Wu. It felt good to see them there. I was genuinely excited over what they could bring to the team.

At the same time, their inclusion did make me think. Who else could join the team and what is the team lacking specifically. Yes the most prominent is an ongoing title. But I'm thinking about who could be the leader? Who are the stand out members that will bring the team to prominence? Could Shang, Jimmy, or Brawn be that leader or someone else? Doesn't the team feel like it needs a flyer with real aggressive offensive capabilities? How could we develop the other members? And who should be on the team?

I'm missing the Agents as well as considering what the Agents are missing.
    "I am a man of peace."

Isn't Jimmy the leader? Amadeus has been shown taking charge when he isn't around, but neither he nor Shang are ideal as both have other commitments (since Brawn is also a Champion, and Shang has his own organisation). Luna and White Fox can be ruled out, because of their other team the Tiger Division and Luna's pop career - she's spreading herself thin as it is! And Crescent obviously isn't in the running as she's just a kid. Sword Master appears to be off the team, because they think he's dead (when of course he actually ended up as the new Iron Fist, and it seems that Danny Rand is the only one outside K'un L'un who knows that). Which leaves Giant-Man, Aero and Wave. Out of them I'd say Aero makes the most sense if the team needs a new leader. She's been appearing in Kurt Busiek's The Marvels recently, alongside some of the Avengers and the Human Torch.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-22-2022 at 09:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Isn't Jimmy the leader? Amadeus has been shown taking charge when he isn't around, but neither he nor Shang are ideal as both have other commitments (since Brawn is also a Champion, and Shang has his own organisation).
    Amadeus was the appointed field leader of the new team, while Jimmy remained the head of the Atlas organization (and leader of the original team)....but Amadeus stepped down from his leadership role at the end of ATLANTIS ATTACKS (and it seemed like Shang-Chi quit the group entirely at that point as well, fed up with Jimmy and his secrets).

Jimmy is still the overall leader, but it remains to be seen if he'll appoint a new field leader to run things in his absence. I agree with you that Aero seems the most likely candidate--or possibly Protector (Issac), since he does have some leadership experience with the Pan Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Amadeus was the appointed field leader of the new team, while Jimmy remained the head of the Atlas organization (and leader of the original team)....but Amadeus stepped down from his leadership role at the end of ATLANTIS ATTACKS (and it seemed like Shang-Chi quit the group entirely at that point as well, fed up with Jimmy and his secrets).

Jimmy is still the overall leader, but it remains to be seen if he'll appoint a new field leader to run things in his absence. I agree with you that Aero seems the most likely candidate--or possibly Protector (Issac), since he does have some leadership experience with the Pan Guard.
    Jimmy, Aero, Brawn, Jason, all of them could be great leaders. I guess my point is these characters still need building. There are embers of leadership. The right stories and writers are needed for these characters to exhibit these qualities.
    "I am a man of peace."

Just wondering. Why did the original team (Jimmy Woo and the 1950s Avengers) get phased out? Not criticizing (though I DID like that team). Just wondering. Does anybody know?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

They weren't. Read Atlantis Attacks. The team still exists. The old team is the black ops side and the new one is the public team.