Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks!

Husk!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Good to see Chamber and Husk, and it's a nice callback to when they were all on a team together. I'm still not very invested in this story arc and it's just kind of a bummer that we know it isn't going to wrap up before SoS.

Astonishing Member

I'm really hoping Jackie's appearance here is connected to that little discovery Jean and Everett discussed at the end of the Death of Dr. Strange X-Men tie-in, that last we saw, she was still unaware of herself....

For anyone not familiar with what I'm talking about...

spoilers:
    In that tie-in, where the Year One X-Men team worked with Jackie to defeat a magical threat, Everett and Jean both sensed that Jackie is a mutant, with a power or mutation unrelated to her powers/skillset as Black Knight - but also that she seemed to be unaware of it yet. They decided not to tell her, figuring it was something she should find out about herself in her own time, but I can't imagine that NOT coming into play in her guest appearance here.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Paige and Angel back together. We’ve truly returned to the sick world of the Draco.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm really hoping Jackie's appearance here is connected to that little discovery Jean and Everett discussed at the end of the Death of Dr. Strange X-Men tie-in, that last we saw, she was still unaware of herself....

For anyone not familiar with what I'm talking about...

spoilers:
    In that tie-in, where the Year One X-Men team worked with Jackie to defeat a magical threat, Everett and Jean both sensed that Jackie is a mutant, with a power or mutation unrelated to her powers/skillset as Black Knight - but also that she seemed to be unaware of it yet. They decided not to tell her, figuring it was something she should find out about herself in her own time, but I can't imagine that NOT coming into play in her guest appearance here.
    end of spoilers
    Ohhh that's interesting. I wasn't aware of that so thanks for the update.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Initially I wondered why Captain Britain was suddenly in the book and sporting wings... then I realized it's Pixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Initially I wondered why Captain Britain was suddenly in the book and sporting wings... then I realized it's Pixie.
    The way I had the exact same thought when I saw the lavender hair...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thanks!

Husk!
    no offense to the artist some grow super quick and it may be a new enviorment but this feels like that when they pull ya budget art like they did with Claremont/Larroca but Igor eventually rose to the occasion and then some with his own style and details.

And i'm sorry but why does Jack look like a whole dude. That confused me cause i read the series with Jack in it and was like that's Black Knight daughter so the image was really confusing, i had to google it to make sure it wasn't me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-09-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    no offense to the artist some grow super quick and it may be a new enviorment but this feels like that when they pull ya budget art like they did with Claremont/Larroca but Igor eventually rose to the occasion and then some with his own style and details.

And i'm sorry but why does Jack look like a whole dude. That confused me cause i read the series with Jack in it and was like that's Black Knight daughter so the image was really confusing, i had to google it to make sure it wasn't me.
    Good life lessons here. Never assume a person's gender based on looks AND who are we to say what looks masculine and what looks feminene. The look doesnt make the person and gender roles and looks are social constructs

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Good life lessons here. Never assume a person's gender based on looks AND who are we to say what looks masculine and what looks feminene. The look doesnt make the person and gender roles and looks are social constructs
    This is false in art you are trained to know the difference between the male and female form and there IS a difference, size of pelvis, size of shoulder how many times head is divided into the body. Nothing social about it here. It's like math, some things just are.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is false in art you are trained to know the difference between the male and female form and there IS a difference, size of pelvis, size of shoulder how many times head is divided into the body. Nothing social about it here. It's like math, some things just are.
    Man come in all shapes and sizes. Woman come in all shapes and sizes. Not getting into an argument over this but it is a fact of life that diversity means there is no one size, shape, or look to represent all of humanity. Therefore we should not judge based on looks because humanity has a WIDE range people.

Man come in all shapes and sizes. Woman come in all shapes and sizes. Not getting into an argument over this but it is a fact of life that diversity means there is no one size, shape, or look to represent all of humanity. Therefore we should not judge based on looks because humanity has a WIDE range people.
    I agree with you but the torso part of the armor can be a bit misleading, as it looks more like a traditional comicky male armor (that makes almost as few sense as the infamouse Boob armor, though). I'm not familiar with the character so I guess it's supposed to be drawn that way ?

There is no argument to be had it's just simple fact proportions are proportions and while they may vary there are still basics that exist. I am not saying anything against how anyone feels or judging so that is kind of confusing people can be whoever they want but if i am drawing someone that may have been born male for instance and are female i fully embrace and accept that but when i think of how to translate that visually i am still going to take into account proportions despite the fact that i would go for more "feminine" features. That's diversity. Acknowledging the differences in others and embracing them.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

AFAB women can be tall and muscular and not wear make up, though.
    But I'm not sure from what I can find of her that Jackie is that built, so I can understand it's a bit weird to see her drawn that way. Like Big X-factor Daken.
    (I would say the big shoulder pads and the "male" armor also don't help show who she is)