Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Not feeling Maddy's new look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    not feeling the new costume. But I like the idea of the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Yeah I'm looking forward to the event. I've heard Zeb might not be writing it which is a bit strange considering he's basically the reason she is back in such a big way.
    Who's gonna write it, if not him? Besides bringing back Madelyne Pryor in such a big way in Hellions, Ben Reilly wouldn't have come back as "Chasm" without what Wells set into motion through the Spider-Man Beyond saga between Spencer's ASM run and now his own ASM run. Would be really strange if someone else wrote it after all the work he did with both of them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

One thing that’s bugging me about her new costume is the bone neckpiece. It looks like something Marrow would wear as part of a costume, not Maddie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    One thing that’s bugging me about her new costume is the bone neckpiece. It looks like something Marrow would wear as part of a costume, not Maddie.
    I kind of dig it, but it's just not a maddie costume without awkward angled boob windows. This is something Emma would wear (sans bone).

Oddly, I dug her bull bodysuit x-man look. It's all or nothing for me, I suppose LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Makes sense, so I'm wondering how that gets parlayed into her role in Dark Web.
    has dark web hit solicits yet?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who's gonna write it, if not him? Besides bringing back Madelyne Pryor in such a big way in Hellions, Ben Reilly wouldn't have come back as "Chasm" without what Wells set into motion through the Spider-Man Beyond saga between Spencer's ASM run and now his own ASM run. Would be really strange if someone else wrote it after all the work he did with both of them.
    With hindsight in mind, the development Wells did for Madelyne and Ben even mirrors each other, considering they both make a point about no one caring about them, and that was definitely intentional since the Free Comic Book Day issue about Spidey/Venom has her pointing out they have a lot in common.

Personally, this particular development he made with Madelyne works better because she keeps that personality she got from the original Inferno, while Ben's, it references stuff from the past, but it intentionally ignores or changes details about it, which makes him becoming a villain look really forced, though, that same point could be made about Madelyne back in the original Inferno...

But anyways, depending on the size of this event, I can at best see tie-ins being written by other people, which's the norm, main thing will most likely be written by Wells, and maybe someone else as a co-writer if writing this event plus ASM is too much, but as you said, it was Wells who brought back Madelyne, and he's the one who ruined Ben, and added this "No one cares about me" trait to Ben (I'm not sure if Madelyne specifically said that before, but wouldn't be surprised if she did), basically doing stuff for Ben to relate better to Madelyne, so it would be pretty weird if Wells wasn't the one writing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Saw this and mistook it for an official image at first glance...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I'd love to see an adapted horror take of dream walking narrative of how she lost her identity and forged a new one pre-Inferno Outback.
    Haunting visuals her experience with Jean returning and her being discarded...

Rod Reis redesign variant for NEW MUTANTS #29...looks like Maddie was taking notes during the mystical soul weapons of Limbo lecture...or is that a Krakoan scythe?
    https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...15876175724544

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Rod Reis redesign variant for NEW MUTANTS #29...looks like Maddie was taking notes during the mystical soul weapons of Limbo lecture...or is that a Krakoan scythe?
    https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...15876175724544
    still don't like her new costume. way too basic. I want her old costume back ASAP!
    the weapon is cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    still don't like her new costume. way too basic. I want her old costume back ASAP!
    the weapon is cool though.

Adds more details...but is more basic?

madeelyne pryor goblin before after.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-12-2022 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Switched to side-by-side image

BANNED

It makes her look much more like the sorceress queen that she is. I love her new costume. Plus who wears the same clothes from 35 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It makes her look much more like the sorceress queen that she is. I love her new costume. Plus who wears the same clothes from 35 years ago?
    If the artist had more style, I would love to see her morph her looks throughout like she did on her dinner date in the Rainbow Room with Alex at the beginning of Inferno. She went through like 10 different dresses. Emma wishes she could pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If the artist had more style, I would love to see her morph her looks throughout like she did on her dinner date in the Rainbow Room with Alex at the beginning of Inferno. She went through like 10 different dresses. Emma wishes she could pull that off.
    OMG! All-time favorite scene featuring Maddy/Maddie (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    The morphing dress was Claremont reusing a device from an earlier Ms Marvel dream sequence during his run (with Mike Vosburg?) on that title decade or so prior (pun not intended), very little to do with the artists' style or perceived lack thereof...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The morphing dress was Claremont reusing a device from an earlier Ms Marvel dream sequence during his run (with Mike Vosburg?) on that title decade or so prior (pun not intended), very little to do with the artists' style or perceived lack thereof...
    That’s mot what he is saying. He’d like them do the dress sequence again. He doesn’t need to know what happened in Ms. Marvel.