Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Same here. Don't know why anyone would think non fans of the Spiderverse and its cast would follow it because Maddie got dragged into it.
    I’m not w fan of the Spiderverde and I will buy it. Looking forward to it, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Nah... Sounds more like a goof on Hope Spaulding

Wait... If Madelyn Pryor is now Queen of Limbo where does that leave Illyana? That costume is gaudy from head to toe.
    I actually like the new costume. If I had to make alteratioins it would be to that crown which is so unnesary. Other thn that its a good look

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually like the new costume. If I had to make alteratioins it would be to that crown which is so unnesary. Other thn that its a good look
    Agreed... The crown has to go

Unused costume design for Outback Era Madelyne (my favorite) from Marc Silverstri: "Molly Dodd meets Indiana Jones" (WOW)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Agreed... The crown has to go
    I love the crown. It makes her look like the sorceress queen she is.

I’m glad the writers and artists aren’t stuck in the 80s. Nostalgia can only go so far.

I think Madelyne was brought back into the foul when the writers discussed how mad it is to leave a human trafficking/pedophilka victim permanently tied to the former domain of her victim. So the decision was made for Magik to step down and for Madelyne to step in. And the 80s look just wasn’t in, part because who wears the clothes for so long? Who would fight in that? Her current outfit looks like something a warrior queen/sorceress would wear, complicity her soul scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Family drama ends up being lame because it is endless until people get the sense to walk away or die, which ironically is a form of waking away.

I know we’re talking about fiction, but that problem and the falling apart of Madelyne’s marriage happened too long ago for it to make any interesting stories today.
    My problem is that the vilification of Madelyne is still going on. The PTB at Marvel won't let her walk away. And now they're doing to Ben Reilly what they did to Maddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously. And Magik is willing to give her that opportunity and trust, not blindly.
    If she (Maddie) frakks up her second chance then that's entirely on her)
    No. It's on the writers, artists and editors at Marvel who refuse to portray her as anything other than evil.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Maddy can be her own character accepting her origin as a clone of Jean but that doesnt define her totally.

If she goes form Supervillian to neutral character like doom or even a anti heroine ill be glad.

She can recover her link with Cable even.
    Madelyne was on the verge of recovering her link with Cable in X-Man. "Before the madness," she told him, "you were the best thing that ever happened to me." But then Ellis and Grant hijacked the title and ruined it for me.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I love the crown. It makes her look like the sorceress queen she is.

I’m glad the writers and artists aren’t stuck in the 80s. Nostalgia can only go so far.

I think Madelyne was brought back into the foul when the writers discussed how mad it is to leave a human trafficking/pedophilka victim permanently tied to the former domain of her victim. So the decision was made for Magik to step down and for Madelyne to step in. And the 80s look just wasn’t in, part because who wears the clothes for so long? Who would fight in that? Her current outfit looks like something a warrior queen/sorceress would wear, complicity her soul scythe.
    Dude it's a 100% rip-off of RWBY's Ruby and her scythe. Nothing More,Nothing Less.There's nothing original about this whatsoever.

How the hell would Madelyne even know how to use a scythe as a weapon?

Illyana was at least trained in swordplay by Cat.

Nor would you try to use a scythe as a sword unless you wanted to get yourself killed the first time you tried.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-27-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Dude it's a 100% rip-off of RWBY's Ruby and her scythe. Nothing More,Nothing Less.There's nothing original about this whatsoever.

How the hell would Madelyne even know how to use a scythe as a weapon?

Illyana was at least trained in swordplay by Cat.

Nor would you try to use a scythe as a sword unless you wanted to get yourself killed the first time you tried.
    I think you are arguing with someone who is banned.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    My problem is that the vilification of Madelyne is still going on. The PTB at Marvel won't let her walk away. And now they're doing to Ben Reilly what they did to Maddie.

No. It's on the writers, artists and editors at Marvel who refuse to portray her as anything other than evil.

Madelyne was on the verge of recovering her link with Cable in X-Man. "Before the madness," she told him, "you were the best thing that ever happened to me." But then Ellis and Grant hijacked the title and ruined it for me.
    Cosigned, which is why as much as I'd love to see a Madelyne Pryor/Ben Reilly team-up, I'd have liked it a lot better if it had been in the context of them leaning on each other for succor and support in the face of an uncaring and hostile world and then forming a support network for clones. Have them wrangle in Kaine and Stryfe (who is a clone of Cable, Maddie's son) at some point and see how much of a bad guy Stryfe remains once he's had some actual emotional validation and psychological help.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love and appreciate evil Maddie, just as much as I would love and appreciate not-so-evil Maddie. It's no one's "fault" she's not written the way some fans would like or expect.

Once she's written well...and Zub will write her well...I'm happy.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-27-2022 at 02:41 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigned, which is why as much as I'd love to see a Madelyne Pryor/Ben Reilly team-up, I'd have liked it a lot better if it had been in the context of them leaning on each other for succor and support in the face of an uncaring and hostile world and then forming a support network for clones. Have them wrangle in Kaine and Stryfe (who is a clone of Cable, Maddie's son) at some point and see how much of a bad guy Stryfe remains once he's had some actual emotional validation and psychological help.
    Yes! The relationship between Maddy & Stryfe needs to be further explored (IMHO):

Incredible Member
    Last edited by rcaguy; 11-01-2022 at 07:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

I really enjoyed Hellions and the thing that excited me the most about it was Zeb Wells was attempting to resurrect my favorite female X-character Madelyne Pryor, Outback Maddy is my all time favorite. While she did have some mustache twisting villianous moments, Zeb hinted her having more to her than that and I was excited to see where that would go. After 'dying' yet again in the first arc, the rest of the book saw Alex championing her cause until in the final issue she is fully resurrected. I wanted to know what would happen next but Zeb was off to Spiderland. However on his first intertitle crossover who does he have in it? You guessed it Maddy and also featuring Alex so maybe we can get the next chapter in both their stories in Dark Web. I know the X-verse is bereft of major villians since they have tried to rehabilitate all the best ones but I have never seen Maddy as a villain more of the tragic figure. She has here fans and supporters in the meta sense but in the X-verse Alex has always been her champion. At least that's how I see it and I am hoping once she gets through some of the hurt and rage she can see that too. If any character can bring Outback Maddy back it is the character that fell in love with her, and she had a good time with as well.

Madelyne looks amazing here. Hope the story is as good!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!