Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I've actually wondered about that before too, because to me the most interesting thing about that is....Sinister might be a despicable person, but he's GOOD at what he does. It DOES seem weird that his attempt to clone Jean was unsuccessful until the Phoenix Force sparked her to life, because based on his science, his other successes, etc....there's no reason it SHOULDN'T have worked? I like to imagine that maybe there was an unseen time travel story along the lines of a 'future child inadvertently meddles in his parents' lives/past and thus brings about his own creation' kinda plot. Something like during his many travels through time, Nathan wound up in the lab Sinister created his mother in, and upon realizing when and where he was.....he used his own powers to keep Maddie from 'waking up' when Sinister was first done cloning Jean.....which ironically, if you think about it, would have been the best way to protect her from Sinister. If Maddie had just woken up as soon as her creation was done, displaying the mutant powers Sinister expected, etc.....she would have been under his complete control and influence from day one, her entire personality his to mold and shape as he pleased. But because she was a failed clone in his eyes, he just left her in her incubation tube untouched....until the Phoenix Force woke her up and imprinted pieces of Jean in her mind that acted as a base template that jumpstarted her OWN personality and being....completely independent of Sinister.

But I mean, yeah, when you think about it, it IS odd that Sinister seemed unsuccessful at first, and I think there's room for an untold story there where he only failed because of outside intervention....that was aimed at protecting Maddie or giving her an opportunity to start her life as her own person rather than just Sinister's preprogrammed pawn with a completely cultivated-by-him personality.
    It might be because it was still technically early in Sinister’s life as far as cloning goes. He does get it right by AvX with the Maddie Clones that take the Phoenix Five’s power briefly. His first clone recorded in comics was a Namor Clone back in WW2. I surmise his Bar Sinister was created before Maddie also, but honestly, I don’t remember if there is real evidence of that. Even so, Maddie is technically his first attempt at cloning an Omega Level Mutant, so that also ought to be a hurdle he had to learn as well.

Yeah, all things considered, Maddie is kind of an anomaly in his cloning experiments, since they were all relative successes in how close to the original they were genetic wise and potential wise.

[QUOTE=WallStreeter;6011693]
    Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post

We will see what happens. Vita deals a lot with PTSD and recovery from it. I think Madelyne will take over Limbo. As the sorceress supreme there, it will give her an
    Important role with Krakoans and yes I think her relationship with the others will heal. Illyana will still have a lot to do as one of Krakoa’s war captains snd her teaching duties for mutants and Dr. Strange’s Academy.
    I’m a little worried about Maddie’s fate personally. Granted, resurrection is now a thing, but Jordan had mentioned Madelyne would die in New Mutants. He is cheeky enough to let that be a misdirect, but still, I am not getting my hopes up.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Maddy shows up at the galla if she'll be wearing a dress with a note back to her infamous underboob look or if they'd go for something similar or different entirely than Jean...it'd be strange for them to show up at the gala wearing the same dress...

BANNED

[QUOTE=PyroFN;6012171]
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I’m a little worried about Maddie’s fate personally. Granted, resurrection is now a thing, but Jordan had mentioned Madelyne would die in New Mutants. He is cheeky enough to let that be a misdirect, but still, I am not getting my hopes up.
    She died in Hellions and came back in just a few issues. These days no major mutant character stays dead. To place Madelyne in such a major story means they have plans for her long term. That’s if she even dies since of course they outright lie in interviews all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Actually, however, she and Nathan seemed close to a reconciliation--or at least a truce--in the Blood Brothers crossover (X-Man #46, Cable #363, and X-Man #47, IIRC), when they joined forces to stop Stryfe. Maddie even risked her own life to siphon off power from Stryfe and give it to Nate. Please don't say she wasn't really alive; she had thoughts and feelings; that makes her alive enough for me.
    Yeah! I love that scene at the end. It gave me hope that it would be the start of something special.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder if Maddy shows up at the galla if she'll be wearing a dress with a note back to her infamous underboob look or if they'd go for something similar or different entirely than Jean...it'd be strange for them to show up at the gala wearing the same dress...
    ...or the creators could just have Maddy wear a different kind of outfit in each panel on more than one page
    (similar to what Silvestri/Claremont pulled off without Alex noticing in UXM #240):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-18-2022 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ...or the creators could just have Maddy wear a different kind of outfit in each panel on more than one page
    (similar to what Silvestri/Claremont pulled off without Alex noticing in UXM #240):
    ... What are u looking for?

Alex: O.O

Astonishing Member

I need New Mutants to come out already *sigh*

BANNED

A spoiler has dropped,

spoilers:
    looks like Madelyn's going to get involved with the Spider-Man brand, as she's set to team with Peter's corrupted clone Ben Reily, aka Chasm, in an event called 'Dark Web'
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 04-20-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    A spoiler has dropped,

spoilers:
    looks like Madelyn's going to get involved with the Spider-Man brand, as she's set to team with Peter's corrupted clone Ben Reily, aka Chasm, in an event called 'Dark Web'
    end of spoilers
    Any source/scans please

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Queen Goblin is not our Goblin Queen.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I didn't make a mistake, it actually is Madelyn.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Can confirm what Matt's saying

It's Madelyne

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hmmm. I would say that this news is interesting but if it's linked to Chasm and the Spider franchise then...no, not really.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Could be Dark Web is a Spider/X-Men event like Judgement Day is for Avengers/X/Eternals.