Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I wonder what's up with X-Men stuff becoming involved with other stuff at Marvel.

This team-up between Ben and Madelyne out of nowhere, and before this we have Phoenix being revealed to be Thor's mother a few months back, wonder what the hell's next and why this is happening to begin with lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I wonder what's up with X-Men stuff becoming involved with other stuff at Marvel.

This team-up between Ben and Madelyne out of nowhere, and before this we have Phoenix being revealed to be Thor's mother a few months back, wonder what the hell's next and why this is happening to begin with lol.
    Aside from the Phoenix kerfuffle, I generally appreciate the X-Men not being "ghettoized," as some would phrase it, and having a bigger role in the broader Marvel Universe. Also, clones gotta stick together, so a Ben/Madelyne interaction, even under these dire circumstances, is something I will be most interested in seeing come to fruition.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Aside from the Phoenix kerfuffle, I generally appreciate the X-Men not being "ghettoized," as some would phrase it, and having a bigger role in the broader Marvel Universe. Also, clones gotta stick together, so a Ben/Madelyne interaction, even under these dire circumstances, is something I will be most interested in seeing come to fruition.
    Makes more sense than Echo!Phoenix or the Phoenix being Thor's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah I guess Ben/Madelyne can work with the idea of both of them being clones, but it sounds bad for Ben by default since it means Chasm will stay for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes more sense than Echo!Phoenix or the Phoenix being Thor's mother.
    And considering that mommy Phoenix is something neither X-fans or Thor fans want to happen, it makes me wonder if it'll get retconned away very fast lol.

Though considering Jason Aaron is writing, maybe not...

Anyways, scans related to another spoiler were allowed in the Hellfire Gala thread, so I'll post the Madelyne related one here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...52/unknown.png

I find it weird how tall she looks here lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-20-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I guess Ben/Madelyne can work with the idea of both of them being clones, but it sounds bad for Ben by default since it means Chasm will stay for a while.

And considering that mommy Phoenix is something neither X-fans or Thor fans want to happen, it makes me wonder if it'll get retconned away very fast lol.

Though considering Jason Aaron is writing, maybe not...

Anyways, scans related to another spoiler were allowed in the Hellfire Gala thread, so I'll post the Madelyne related one here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...52/unknown.png

I find it weird how tall she looks here lol.
    I mean she's an (evil?) dominatrix sorceress and from the looks of things now Queen of Limbo so making herself taller then men would definitely appeal to her sensibilities lol

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean she's an (evil?) dominatrix sorceress and from the looks of things now Queen of Limbo so making herself taller then men would definitely appeal to her sensibilities lol
    She didn't do that with Alex in Hellions lol.

But maybe you have a point, maybe it's because she's meeting Ben for the first time so she wants to look imposing on a first meeting and made herself taller .

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No.
    Maddie's new look is awful. I wasn't buying it to begin (because spiderman...blech!) but...no underboob, no interest.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No.
    Maddie's new look is awful. I wasn't buying it to begin (because spiderman...blech!) but...no underboob, no interest.
    Agreed. Classic version all the way (IMHO):

More info about what's up with Ben/Madelyne:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...an-clone-saga/

There are callbacks to the original Inferno here.

Man wtf is going on with Spider-Man X Men stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Man wtf is going on with Spider-Man X Men stuff now.
    An acid trip, and probably without the fun part.

BANNED

So New Mutants 25 got delayed again? At this right, maybe we will get to read it around Christmas. Good grief, how hard can releasing New Mutants 25 on time be? If someone on the book had some sort of emergency and couldn't complete their share of the work, you'd think they'd tell us as a courtesy.

More info about what's up with Ben/Madelyne:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...an-clone-saga/

There are callbacks to the original Inferno here.
    It also really spoils that Madelyne will just be bad again in her return. Fair enough. Her last depiction was just super duper crazy psycho hell biatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    It also really spoils that Madelyne will just be bad again in her return. Fair enough. Her last depiction was just super duper crazy psycho hell biatch.
    It was honestly obvious, considering that when she showed up in Hellions, she was still evil, and after being resurrected, she quite clearly decides to play along with what Alex is saying and the reflection showing her in her usual costume indicates she's gonna do some **** lol.

Though I guess you could say there was a chance she wouldn't be as evil, maybe even reach anti-villain or very dark anti-hero territories, but Hellions#18 had no indication of that, though I guess later writers could just ignore that since Marvel likes to do that lol.

An acid trip, and probably without the fun part.
    I jut don't get it. like when i read acid trip i think of someone literally disnegrating themselves orr their brain cells in literal acid. Like the spray paint thing, how do people mix and snigg spary paitnt but not have paint on their face, people weird,
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/