Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Flash movie. What else could Barry change in DC movies?

According to a recent CBR article. The flash movie will change everything Snyder did in dceu films.

Dr Quinzel being seduced by Ivy not joker would be cool..
    What would you like to see changed?

Astonishing Member

From the article, the elimination of God-Batman will be just fine. Batfemale demoted to small player will also be just fine. Get a new Superman. Cut all the focus on personal sex lifes that ruined the Supergirl show. Let everyone do what they want without it being a focal plot point in the movies or shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    From the article, the elimination of God-Batman will be just fine. Batfemale demoted to small player will also be just fine. Get a new Superman. Cut all the focus on personal sex lifes that ruined the Supergirl show. Let everyone do what they want without it being a focal plot point in the movies or shows.
    Sorry but it's what they want. They want more talking, more feelings, more talking about feelings, see? Men no talk - men smash! So 20th century. Look at Batwoman for the blueprint to runaway, mega-like Last Jedi success.

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Sorry but it's what they want. They want more talking, more feelings, more talking about feelings, see? Men no talk - men smash! So 20th century. Look at Batwoman for the blueprint to runaway, mega-like Last Jedi success.

Can't wait!
    I mean, the Marvel movies are extraordinarily successful and have a decent amount of focus on the heroes as people outside of punching. In fact during the Silver Age that hook is arguably what allowed Marvel to overtake DC. That's been an issue with the DC movies: if your audience doesn't actually care about your heroes, they have a hard time getting invested in seeing them across multiple films.

See: the flaccid responses to Superman's death scene.

BANNED

It is safe to assume wb does not really want batman and superman to be heavily connected to the dceu anymore, although putting faith in ezra's flash may be too much since he has a mixed reception.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post

Can't wait!
    What the hell is all this "Batfemale" and negativity about feelings about?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

If we’re changing anything about Quinzel, then I’d rather just see her elect to become Harley Quinn on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    What the hell is all this "Batfemale" and negativity about feelings about?
    Something something SJW something something Woke something.

That seems to be the general argument that crowd makes.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Cut all the focus on personal sex lifes that ruined the Supergirl show
    I can get behind this. This usually is so unnecessary. It's just not really the part of the story we care about.

Astonishing Member

I also meant that there are too many female Bat types around. Same with crowds of various Robins, Nightwings. They get damaged and hurt while Bruce just sails on, recruiting cannon fodder.

As far as personal iife, I totally support people's personal choice but in the genre I like, it is irrelevant to what I want out of the story lines. In some of the DC shows, it takes over too much of the show time. If I were watching Diners, Drive Ins and Dives - I wouldn't want to waste food time with the personal discovery of the destination owner in discussion with Guy. I want to see the food. Same with genre - that personal drama is better done as focus in more mature and better written dramatic shows.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I wish he would change the actor who plays Barry completely. I hate the Snyder Barry.

Astonishing Member

The one change we know is almost certainly happening is Keaton replacing Affleck as Batman in the rebooted DCEU, if his presence in Batgirl is any indication.

If WB is ready to say goodbye to Cavill's Superman permanently, then it's possible that he gets erased from continuity too.

But I'm pretty sure not everything will get thrown out - not when Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam sequels are on the way.

Ultimate Member

It would be weird to have Supergirl without Superman in her backstory, though

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I wish he would change the actor who plays Barry completely. I hate the Snyder Barry.
    What he said.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    What he said.
    I'm willing to give him one more chance under actually good direction for once