Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Thing is; there were references to Hulk vs Abomination in either Like Cage or Jessica Jones, while the invasion of NY is referenced as well (being described as "the incident iirc). So I don't think they are all that seperate.
    That’s what they’re saying. The MCU happens to them. Not the other way around.

You didn’t hear about DD, Jessica, Cage, Danny, Frank, Elektra, Fisk, Bullseye, Killgrave or any of the others in any of the MCU movies or in Agents of SHIELD, WandaVision, Loki or Falcon & Winter Soldier (which are the ‘hard’ MCU) until now.

Yep. And further to what Beadle said, Agents of Shield is soft continuity as well (particularly after Hawkeye as it appears there is a new Mockingbird now).

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Pretty much. MCU's official word, it seems, is that Agents of Shield is NOT canon.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The easiest way i can explain it is, the mcu movies and and the recent disney plus series were created by marvel studios under the supervision of kevin feige. The netflix series were only in association with marvel (agents of shields by marvel television, not studios)
    Feige had no input in the netflix series, so netflix could pretty much do whatever they wanted storywise, if im not mistaken… i think dare devil was even rated R. That already is a red flag for disney hehe..so yea. I think they will explain the netflix shows as a different universe within the multi verse, but not canon to the marvel movies main time line..which also explains why the main mcu dd and kingpin look like their netflix counterparts.

I can’t see a certain scene from S1 E3(?) of Netflix Daredevil being in any fully-Disney-endorsed show. When the low-level criminal guy says Fisk’s name and then rather dramatically ends himself by face-butting that spike rather than waiting for Fisk to find out and take vengeance.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I can’t see a certain scene from S1 E3(?) of Netflix Daredevil being in any fully-Disney-endorsed show. When the low-level criminal guy says Fisk’s name and then rather dramatically ends himself by face-butting that spike rather than waiting for Fisk to find out and take vengeance.
    That was the one I was thinking of when I thought, 'I don't remember the rating, but if it wasn't R it should have been.'
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Only Iron Fist or Defenders even could have been in the "Marvel Disney Approved" tier as far as ratings go. DD, Cage, Jones, Punisher were waaaayyyyyyy beyond anything the Mouse would have accepted.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That’s what they’re saying. The MCU happens to them. Not the other way around.

You didn’t hear about DD, Jessica, Cage, Danny, Frank, Elektra, Fisk, Bullseye, Killgrave or any of the others in any of the MCU movies or in Agents of SHIELD, WandaVision, Loki or Falcon & Winter Soldier (which are the ‘hard’ MCU) until now.
    To be fair there's not much to mention or reason.