Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

On twitter I saw a scan of Stephanie and Jason hugging one another I think from the Task Force Z comic. The comments were hilarious because they are worried those two are becoming a couple. I don't think they are, but I'm happy to see Steph interacting and befriending more members of the Batfamily. Isn't that the point of being a "family" to be a close knit group? Anyway combined with the duo's medieval counterparts snarling at one another in Dark Knights of Steel and we have some nice Jason/Steph moments this year. Again, I don't ship them but would certainly welcome a new friendship/dynamic to come from this.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I agree completely. It's funny, I have several JaySteph shipper buddies, but I never even thought that was going on in this series. I do like the Jason/Steph friendship dynamic, and think that it's always good for the Batfamily to interact with each other! Unless they are doing dumb fighting.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I know Batfamily and Superhero ages are all over the place, but I feel like Jason would be, like, 5-6 years older than her? Or maybe less.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Batfamily and Superhero ages are all over the place, but I feel like Jason would be, like, 5-6 years older than her? Or maybe less.
    Well, I've always thought that in the n52, Steph is 17 (stated on page), Jason is 20ish (depending on how long he was "dead" and whether he aged or not and whether his legal identity aged or not). That's not super big.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree completely. It's funny, I have several JaySteph shipper buddies, but I never even thought that was going on in this series. I do like the Jason/Steph friendship dynamic, and think that it's always good for the Batfamily to interact with each other! Unless they are doing dumb fighting.
    Agreed. Before now I don't even remember Steph and Jason interacting that much. So to see them form a friendship is a big plus for me. The Batfamily should all have some kind of friendship dynamic given they are the "Batfamily" That doesn't mean is has to be romantic. I support Jason and Steph's new platonic friendship and hope to see more.

Yeah, I usually put Dick, Babs, and Jason around the same age range with Tim, Cass, and Steph being the younger tier range. Damian I think explains himself.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I've always thought that in the n52, Steph is 17 (stated on page), Jason is 20ish (depending on how long he was "dead" and whether he aged or not and whether his legal identity aged or not). That's not super big.
    Ages always confuse me in comics, but I'm down with 17 year old Steph. Though I would think she would be 18 now since she's on her own now? Or maybe I have that wrong.

Depending on the continuity, but definitely less than 5. I think most of the times they're like 3 years apart. It all depends on if she's Tim's age, older or younger. But Jason is usually around 2-3 years older than Tim.

And yeah, that panel was from the last issue in Task Force Z. Steph was the only one who went to say goodbye to Jason (for a while), but I must mention than Jason messed with all the other members of the fam a few issues back (he tricked and stole them, besides other things. Jason had priorities and needs and plans at the time). In my headcanon, they're all still pissed.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-28-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If we go by pre Flashpoint Jason is about the same age as Cassdra Cain, and about 7 years younger than Dick, and at the most 2 year older than Tim (and imo 1 year older makes much more sense based on the timeline).

And Steph was typically fluctuating between being Tim's age or a year older.

So at least based on these ages, Jason/Steph would fit much better, than the Jason/Barbara thing they did in Batman Eternal and Three Jokers. But I think in general that one Robin dating a former love interest of another (especially a really major one) should be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If we go by pre Flashpoint Jason is about the same age as Cassdra Cain, and about 7 years younger than Dick, and at the most 2 year older than Tim (and imo 1 year older makes much more sense based on the timeline).

And Steph was typically fluctuating between being Tim's age or a year older.

So at least based on these ages, Jason/Steph would fit much better, than the Jason/Barbara thing they did in Batman Eternal and Three Jokers. But I think in general that one Robin dating a former love interest of another (especially a really major one) should be avoided.
    You're not wrong. But since New52/Rebirth, it seems like Jason was made to be close to Dick's age than Tim's. But really, we don't have an age on Jason other than "young adult".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You're not wrong. But since New52/Rebirth, it seems like Jason was made to be close to Dick's age than Tim's.
    I think that started allready pre flashpoint when they teamed him up with Donna and Kyle, and made him later the "Anti Batman" for Dick.
    But Jason being close to Dicks age really only works when Jason was almost an adult by the time he became Robin.

I always thought Tim and Jason couldn't be that different in age because Tim became Robin not long after Jason died.

Steph shows up in the first episode of season two of Wayne Family Adventures! Win!

Wayne Family Adventures is quickly becoming my favorite DC project. And Steph's dynamic with Jason continues XD

It looks like they updated her costume? I might be forgetting but I don't remember it looking so much like her old Spoiler look, I thought it was just the New 52 suit.

I always thought Tim and Jason couldn't be that different in age because Tim became Robin not long after Jason died.
    It didn't pass a full year since Jason's death. Jason died when he was 15 and Tim was 13 when he first appeared if I recall. So... 2 years, maybe a bit more. Between 2 and 3 years apart.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-28-2022 at 11:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It didn't pass a full year since Jason's death. Jason died when he was 15 and Tim was 13 when he first appeared if I recall. So... 2 years, maybe a bit more. Between 2 and 3 years apart.
    In the original comics A Lonley Place of Dying is set just a few month after DitF.

And Jason age when he died was never mentioned in the original comics, while him being allready Robin at age 12 seemed still to be canon, and him beeing with batman for more than 2 years is also hard to justify in the overall timeline.
    So Jason being two years older than Tim is imo allready kind of stretching the time line.
    If you go by the original comics, 1 year older or even Tim and Jason being the same age is easier to justify.

Jason being close to Dick in age just doesn't make any sense.

But that get's really off topic.