Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy Birthday Steph .
    What??? Damn.. I did not knew about it... And it was 1 day before my Birthday.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Steph was very cool in Task force Z and Robin today!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Damn it's deleted
    Aw shoot. The image was uploaded to Reddit itself, and the post was deleted, leaving behind just the comments, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ler_design_by/

Steph was in the latest issue of Task Force Z.
    https://www.cbr.com/bat-family-spoil...nds-dc-comics/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-30-2022 at 07:52 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aw shoot. The image was uploaded tom Reddit itself, and the post was deleted, leaving behind just the comments, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ler_design_by/

Steph was in the latest issue of Task Force Z.
    https://www.cbr.com/bat-family-spoil...nds-dc-comics/
    WHICH IMAGE?? What happened?

Nvm.. I already saw it in twitter.. I thought that it was a fanart.

Extraordinary Member

Being a dead Robin isn't anything special anymore. All of the Robins have gone through a period where they were dead at this point. When it was just Jason and Steph they went on completely different trajectories, with Jason becoming darker, a killer, and an antagonist to the bat-family after dying and coming back, while Steph lost the darkness she had before her death and became the bat-family's primary 'hope not fear' hero after she died and came back.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Being a dead Robin isn't anything special anymore. All of the Robins have gone through a period where they were dead at this point. When it was just Jason and Steph they went on completely different trajectories, with Jason becoming darker, a killer, and an antagonist to the bat-family after dying and coming back, while Steph lost the darkness she had before her death and became the bat-family's primary 'hope not fear' hero after she died and came back.
    It's now a morbid rite of passage...

I am unsure how I feel about this. But Steph was second!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am unsure how I feel about this. But Steph was second!
    In what? You mean of the Robins to die?
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 06-29-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    In what? You mean of the Robins to die?
    Yup! She was also dead for second longest!

Incredible Member

Steph was very cool in Task force Z and Robin today!
    She decided to wear her thigh belt!

Also, any time Steph appears outside of Batgirls, she comes off several years older and speaks with authority and confidence. Like here, and in that recent short story with Nocturna. I like this version so much better!

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post

Also, any time Steph appears outside of Batgirls, she comes off several years older and speaks with authority and confidence. Like here, and in that recent short story with Nocturna. I like this version so much better!
    I like both, though I have a feeling you aren't gonna like the next issue of Catwoman.

Incredible Member

I like both, though I have a feeling you aren't gonna like the next issue of Catwoman.
    UH OH!

If you are implying Tini Howard wrote Steph on the younger side, or less than competent, well that would be consistent with the editor, Jessica Chen's, perception of the character. Chen edits Catwoman and Batgirls.

(How many weeks' ahead do you get reviewing copies? I thought it was only a few days.)

UH OH!

If you are implying Tini Howard wrote Steph on the younger side, or less than competent, well that would be consistent with the editor, Jessica Chen's, perception of the character. Chen edits Catwoman and Batgirls.

(How many weeks' ahead do you get reviewing copies? I thought it was only a few days.)
    It is very inconsistent - sometimes days, sometimes weeks.

That's how she should always be depicted. Her whole history should be back in play now, that means she should be around 19 years old. She's not a kid. Yeah, she can make mistakes, she's only human, but she shouldn't be treated as a rookie or a child.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Has the cover of Dark Crisis: Young Justice #1 been discussed? Todd Nauck's variant includes a team with Spoiler. (Well, I guess not much of a discussion is warranted, just an observation.)

I have little luck with this so these attachments will probably look tiny... but here they are.

0422DC016.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 10.27.53 AM.jpg