Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't mind a fun comic that just gives me nice fanservice fluff for my favorite characters every now and then. That was YJ for me. And I miss it. I'm not really getting something that hits quite that note for me. Though this week has given me a shot in the arm for comics, with Black Adam, Fables, Flash, and the Perry White one shot!
    I have enjoyed Fables as well. I have to admit I snickered at the commentary on mantle swaps in #151.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It's Steph's 30th Birthday! Here's to 30 more years - let's hope she stays alive and in continuity for them!

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

This week I was able to purchase physical copies of the first 4 issues of the Dixon Robin series. Sadly issue 5 where Steph saves Tim to end that arc wasn't included. Nice to have them now that Comixology is destroyed.

Incredible Member

It's Steph's 30th Birthday! Here's to 30 more years - let's hope she stays alive and in continuity for them!

🎉🎉🎉

And let's hope she remains fully intact. Like keeping both eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    This week I was able to purchase physical copies of the first 4 issues of the Dixon Robin series. Sadly issue 5 where Steph saves Tim to end that arc wasn't included. Nice to have them now that Comixology is destroyed.
    Awesome! That first arc of Robin, even though it's 2-3 years after Steph's original adventure in Detective Comics, is quite a good one! The romantic tension is really upped!

I'm curious - if DC ever gives Steph her due and publishes some kind of celebration anthology issue, what creative teams would you like to see? Here's my current list:

Chuck Dixon (probably Tom Grummett on art, since sadly Tom Lyle passed away)
    Bryan Q. Miller (art by Lee Garbett, Pere Perez, or Dustin Nguyen)
    James Tynion IV (art by David Lafuente)
    Cloonan/Conrad/Corona
    Bill Willingham and Pete Woods
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Awesome! That first arc of Robin, even though it's 2-3 years after Steph's original adventure in Detective Comics, is quite a good one! The romantic tension is really upped!

I'm curious - if DC ever gives Steph her due and publishes some kind of celebration anthology issue, what creative teams would you like to see? Here's my current list:

Cloonan/Conrad/Corona
    It was even shorter than that. Her first appearance was in August 1992, and her first appearance in Robin was in February 1994, a year-and-a-half later.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Cloonan/Conrad/Corona
    Would love to see an anthology book, and all those writers would be awesome. I'm damn surprised that She hasn't gotten a graphic teen novel yet.

Incredible Member

Cloonan/Conrad/Corona
    Do they have to be teams that have drawn her before?

For artists,

Dan Mora is hot and I can't imagine him being anything less than superb. Pair him again with Tamaki - it can work. Or work with Waid.

Tynion with Jorge Jimenez!

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Do they have to be teams that have drawn her before?

For artists,

Dan Mora is hot and I can't imagine him being anything less than superb. Pair him again with Tamaki - it can work. Or work with Waid.

Tynion with Jorge Jimenez!
    They do not! I'm just listing the ones I want to see come back!

Tamaki/Mora would be pretty sweet on Steph - I liked how Tamaki wrote Steph in Shadow of the Bat!

Tynion with Jorge Jimenez would be glorious too - I just really love the way Lafuente draws her.

Happy Birthday Steph .

Otto Schmidt art. Not sure if it's just done for fun or some sort of rejected pitch, just saw it on Reddit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Otto Schmidt art. Not sure if it's just done for fun or some sort of rejected pitch, just saw it on Reddit.
    A little too much going on for my tastes.

Looks very cool to me! Might be for DC vs Vampires!

Steph other appearance in Robin 15.. With Batman exception All of them only appear 2 pages.
    Robin 15 Batfamily strikes.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The mushroom pepperoni pizza page?

Damn it's deleted