Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fitzmartin just doesn't seem to do enough research. I counted four mistakes in her Young Justice #1. One of which proves she hasn't even read Bendis's recent run (she didn't realise Arrowette had already returned, they talk about her not staying in touch). Of course Bendis's YJ also pushed the Tim/Steph romance...
    What were the the other mistakes? Also she included this:

https://external-preview.redd.it/xIp...=webp&408bbe8a

Yeah...........

I'm sure it's just a coincidence she is ignoring Bendis YJ.........

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh I thought when she said the last time they were together was when Kon back was referring to Bendis YJ because that's when both Kon and Arrowette back

Okay so if Bendis run is not canon then it's possible that instead of Conner lost in Gemworld and the big four separated, they instead were all in the same team in New 52 with Bunker, but with some modification

Oh yeah, btw, I don't treat this as a mistake (whisper: it probably is) but I treat this as simply new canon, just like how Taylor changed a lot of things in his Nightwing run from Post Crisis and Rebirth.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-21-2022 at 06:47 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Did Steph show up at all?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Did Steph show up at all?

It's Fitzmartin writing so what do you think?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    What were the the other mistakes? Also she included this:

https://external-preview.redd.it/xIp...=webp&408bbe8a

Yeah...........

I'm sure it's just a coincidence she is ignoring Bendis YJ.........
    Getting an error on that URL. ("Error 403 Forbidden"). I guess it's an image, but can you post it some other way, or tell us what it is?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Getting an error on that URL. ("Error 403 Forbidden"). I guess it's an image, but can you post it some other way, or tell us what it is?

Sorry here is the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dccomicscir..._origin_story/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh I thought when she said the last time they were together was when Kon back was referring to Bendis YJ because that's when both Kon and Arrowette back

Okay so if Bendis run is not canon then it's possible that instead of Conner lost in Gemworld and the big four separated, they instead were all in the same team in New 52 with Bunker, but with some modification

Oh yeah, btw, I don't treat this as a mistake (whisper: it probably is) but I treat this as simply new canon, just like how Taylor changed a lot of things in his Nightwing run from Post Crisis and Rebirth.
    Conner played a big role not just in Young Justice but also in Superman or Action (I forget which, or maybe both) - working with Clark, Jon and Kara. If I recall correctly, Clark didn't know who Conner was, but they got to know each other.

This wasn't very long ago at all. It was just before Future State.

If Bendis's run isn't canon, then Jon is still a kid and Clark still has a secret identity!

So...no Steph.

Bring back Bendis?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I'm not really surprised. A lot of stuff in the YJ issue felt like fanon being treated as canon.
    So...no Steph.

Bring back Bendis?
    A double-edged sword if I've ever heard one...

Not for me! I'm not a Superman reader, so I didn't get upset about what he was doing with that, and I thought his Young Justice was very fun.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not really surprised. A lot of stuff in the YJ issue felt like fanon being treated as canon.

A double-edged sword if I've ever heard one...

What else stuff like like fanon......

Incredible Member

So...no Steph.

Bring back Bendis?
    Cassie thinks back to kissing Tim, I guess in the aftermath of Conner's death, and hopes Conner never finds out about that.

Maybe in some later part of the story Tim will think back to kissing Cassie, and hope that Steph never finds out about that. (Or, maybe Tim will run to tell her immediately - ha!)

But maybe she already knew about that. The old Young Justice relationships got complicated, and I wasn't reading it so I only know a little lore.

I liked that Bendis brought back Young Justice and the Legion of Super-Heroes, and Gemworld. He clearly had a love for them all, though I know many people would have preferred if he had not written them in his style. There was a constant surprise to it - what would he re-introduce next? And remember when he wrote a world where Steph was Batwoman!

I loved the time when he wrote Steph as Batwoman in Earth-3! I thought it was very cool.

Extraordinary Member

Outside of calling Tim Drake I didn't have a problem with Bendis' Young Justice. In general I like his writing, though he's clearly not as good now as he was in the early 2000s.

I didn't even mind the Drake thing, because it felt so clearly temporary to me. I agree he's not as good as when he did Alias and USM, but he's still got fun writing in him.