Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yeah, exactly. I'm sad that one of the more major versions of Steph is going to appear in this...trash fire.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Am I the only one actually interested in this?!
    Probably. It looks like an absolute dumpster fire. It genuinely looks like somebody at the CW said "Riverdale, but with names from Batman comics." And Riverdale SUCKED.

I've not seen one single thing from the show that has made it look worth even hate watching.

Incredible Member

I thought CW was canceling all the crap super hero shows and wanting to move away from whatever young adult audience it is that they thought they were appealing to. But it was Discovery that was wanting to dump it all and now they've sold the whole network for zero dollars to Northstar who are assuming the giant debt. So I guess Discovery has nothing to do with the programming anymore and has washed their hands of what kind of crap they have in development.

Will this be different in tone than Naomi TV? I only got through two or three episodes of that and its main impact on me was to make me wonder if there is something wrong with me that I read the comic.

I gave up on Stargirl too. It had some charm I guess.

Flash is utterly idiotic and too boring to hate watch.

I hung on till the end of Supergirl and I will never get those years back. It was only good when it was on CBS and had a decent effects budget. Then, it was slightly more grounded before the CW version embraced the same Flash pseudoscience nonsense epitomized by Brainiac (who had essentially the Cisco "comic nerd science" role), or Dreamer aka God (infinite abilities depending on what the plot demanded).

I'm ranting. Years of TV viewing that could have been spent on prestige programming on any streaming or cable channel!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am not getting a sense that there are a lot of people extremely excited about the show, sadly.
    For once I am kind of glad that there is often a long delay in picking up these CW shows for the UK. That’s if they get picked up at all as I don’t think any broadcaster over here has picked up the now defunct Naomi.

Extraordinary Member

The only reason I am interested at all is that Steph will be in it. I expect a dumpster fire, but hopefully Steph can be the light in the darkness that makes it somewhat worth watching.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The only reason I am interested at all is that Steph will be in it. I expect a dumpster fire, but hopefully Steph can be the light in the darkness that makes it somewhat worth watching.
    This is my feeling. I've been desperately wanting to see Steph in a show for a long time. And Batwoman was not for me either as a show or the physical depiction of Steph. I've lost interest in the CW shows. Watched Arrow to the bitter end. Made it through about three seasons of Flash. First season of Stargirl was nice. But beyond that it got pretty tired. Oh yeah, Legends had the one funny season later on in the run. But I'll try this to see Steph.

I wish GK looked as good as Stargirl...

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    For once I am kind of glad that there is often a long delay in picking up these CW shows for the UK. That’s if they get picked up at all as I don’t think any broadcaster over here has picked up the now defunct Naomi.
    Superman & Lois is the only one with a major delay. It ended up on the BBC a few months ago after no pay TV channel or streamer wanted it. You're right though, I've heard nothing about Naomi. Now it's cancelled it's probably going to not be released here until Discovery+ relaunches under a new name with the HBO Max content added.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superman & Lois is the only one with a major delay. It ended up on the BBC a few months ago after no pay TV channel or streamer wanted it. You're right though, I've heard nothing about Naomi. Now it's cancelled it's probably going to not be released here until Discovery+ relaunches under a new name with the HBO Max content added.
    I don’t think they’d launch HBO Max in the UK until their exclusive deal with Sky ends, and I don’t think that’s until something like 2024 or 2025.

They can't put the exclusive stuff from the actual HBO network on there, true. But they can include stuff like the Arrowverse shows, Cartoon Network shows, and Discovery+'s content - and it won't be called HBO Max. The rollout of that has been axed, it'll be an unannounced merged brand that gets rolled out replacing the existing Discovery+ and HBO Max offerings. Discovery+ already exists here, so that'll probably be rebranded (probably under the Warner brand). And I don't think they'll be waiting three years for that, they'll just add the content from Sky Atlantic when Sky's contract expires.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-06-2022 at 02:03 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Probably. It looks like an absolute dumpster fire. It genuinely looks like somebody at the CW said "Riverdale, but with names from Batman comics." And Riverdale SUCKED.

I've not seen one single thing from the show that has made it look worth even hate watching.
    Maybe I'm not a Batman purist, but I guess I don't get what's so hatable about it. Does it look like award-winning material? No, but it's an interesting hook, it's giving some lesser-known characters the spotlight, and, on top of everything, it's just one trailer. The show might not pull itself off, but we're not seeing the full picture yet.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe I'm not a Batman purist, but I guess I don't get what's so hatable about it. Does it look like award-winning material? No, but it's an interesting hook, it's giving some lesser-known characters the spotlight, and, on top of everything, it's just one trailer. The show might not pull itself off, but we're not seeing the full picture yet.
    I think the issue is:

- The main character is an OC.

- Killing off Batman for the umpteenth time.

- Characters aren't presented recognizably (Harper and her brother are criminals, no costumes, etc).

- Seemingly no crime-fighting.

- Joker's Daughter is a polarizing character and it feels like they're trying to do a new Alice-type character after Batwoman.

- Visually there's not a lot that really "pops," especially with no costumes or really much anything recognizable of the Bat-Mythos aside from some names.

Mighty Member

Today in comic history Steph bricked Tim:

BRICK 1.jpg

BRICK 2.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post

BRICK 1.jpg

BRICK 2.jpg
    One of the great moments in all comics!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post

BRICK 1.jpg

BRICK 2.jpg
    Ah, one of the greats .