Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    No, I definitely see the downsides of Crystal as a villain. I just also see why the idea could be interesting, and why it might be better than never seeing her at all...which is what we currently have for the past 8 years.

Gotham Academy kids definitely count, even Maps, who has now been an "official" Robin
    I dunno, to me it would just come of as extremely forced, but I guess it's a matter of use versus not being used well.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, to me it would just come of as extremely forced, but I guess it's a matter of use versus not being used well.
    I'm not out here with a sign on the sidewalk saying "BRING BACK CRYSTAL AS CLUEMASTER 2", but I'm just saying I don't hate the idea too much.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I checked out the Young Justice issue. Pretty good stuff, and if I haven't mentioned it before I really like Steph's YJ Spoiler costume. I mean it mostly resembles her modern Spoiler one anyway. It also looks like she's Cassandra's mouthpiece lol. I wonder if she and Artemis ever exchanged evil dad notes while on the team. Has Cluemaster ever been in the Young Justice series? I don't recall ever seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I checked out the Young Justice issue. Pretty good stuff, and if I haven't mentioned it before I really like Steph's YJ Spoiler costume. I mean it mostly resembles her modern Spoiler one anyway. It also looks like she's Cassandra's mouthpiece lol. I wonder if she and Artemis ever exchanged evil dad notes while on the team. Has Cluemaster ever been in the Young Justice series? I don't recall ever seeing him.
    They mentioned him in episode 5 of Phantoms, I believe. Steph’s one speaking appearance.

That's some frizzy hair .

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Tom Taylor said, a long time ago, that he had plans for Steph in his DCeased AU. She was last seen as Robin in DCeased: Hope at World's End, being taken off to a Lazarus pit by Talia.

But now that the story is pivoting in an unexpectedly more cosmic direction, what are the odds he can further that plotline and have her pop up in the story?

She wasn't seen in the prior main part of the story, DCeased: Dead Planet, published before "Hope," but which I believe took place 5 years after it. But neither were lots of characters who presumably survived off-world. Including Talia.

She's probably too old now to be anyone's Robin, but she could be anyone she wants to be, though hopefully she didn't emerge from the pit completely deranged.

So, I guess we'll see!
    What's the status of Barbara? If she's out of commission then Steph could be Batgirl - I know Cass ended up with Shazam powers and therefore isn't Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Abridged version - She keeps using a sword even though she's supposed to be a non-lethal hand-to-hand fighter (and there really isn't a good excuse for it), they keep calling her "Orphan" even by the point in the plot where the name doesn't make any sense and becomes more problematic the more they use it, and they've made her mute so she can't really find her "voice" like she did in the comics.
    Yeah, YJ has no active Batgirl (Babs is Oracle, Steph is Spoiler), so there's really no reason for Cass not to take the mantle.

And wasn't she heading off to college at the end of Tynion's story in Detective? She never made it, though.
    Wasn't that Tim? Though yes, Young Justice got in the way.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's the status of Barbara? If she's out of commission then Steph could be Batgirl - I know Cass ended up with Shazam powers and therefore isn't Batgirl.

Yeah, YJ has no active Batgirl (Babs is Oracle, Steph is Spoiler), so there's really no reason for Cass not to take the mantle.

Wasn't that Tim? Though yes, Young Justice got in the way.
    Barbara, along with Batwoman, Huntress and Catwoman, are all zombies by the 3rd issue of the original series. They attack Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, who are not infected, and in the 4th issue are crushed by Ivy's vines.

Cass was a Batgirl. Now she's Bat-something - still wears the cowl, but I guess she's Batshazam now. Which does leave the Batgirl name available.

Cass is on the nice Dan Mora retro variant of this week's DCeased War of the Undead Gods #1. Is this an homage to some specific cover or is it that the lettering is evocative of an era? It has a Marvel style logo in the top left.

0622DC028.jpg

It's a homage to 1991's X-Men #1.

Maru Davalos Art drew newlywed Stephanie Drake.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maru Davalos Art drew newlywed Stephanie Drake.
    Pretty cute!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

It sure is! Thank you.

Incredible Member

Turns out Dan Mora is doing a whole bunch of Jim Lee tribute covers for DCeased. Three of the four that he posted have been solicited, so I guess the one with Darkseid will be for November.

https://twitter.com/Danmora_c/status...EJpp5PbC2cH01A

(I dragged a copy of the cover to images.google.com and that led me to Mora's tweet.)

Turns out Dan Mora is doing a whole bunch of Jim Lee tribute covers for DCeased. Three of the four that he posted have been solicited, so I guess the one with Darkseid will be for November.

https://twitter.com/Danmora_c/status...EJpp5PbC2cH01A

(I dragged a copy of the cover to images.google.com and that led me to Mora's tweet.)
    Needs a Steph cover!!!! (but won't, since IF Taylor gets around to her, it'll be in a spinoff)

Incredible Member

Tim and Steph's wedding by Maru Davalos
    uum8rtg783h91.jpg

That just makes me sadder .