Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I like it! I hope she has a really great part of the finale!
    In one panel in Tec #1054 she loses the Bat symbol and adds an over-the-shoulder strap. Maybe our eyes are playing tricks on us in all that smoke!

Nice to see her finally get a spotlight in this story. Hopefully she's not been written a little TOO capable in these scenes. That often means big trouble ahead.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    In one panel in Tec #1054 she loses the Bat symbol and adds an over-the-shoulder strap. Maybe our eyes are playing tricks on us in all that smoke!

Nice to see her finally get a spotlight in this story. Hopefully she's not been written a little TOO capable in these scenes. That often means big trouble ahead.
    Oh, dear. Hope we're not borrowing trouble, then!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

She hasn't. Someone died and all she could do was mention it on the comms.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She hasn't. Someone died and all she could do was mention it on the comms.
    She also took on the Party Crashers in numbers of at least 4 at once on two separate occasions, and seemed to hold her own both times. She's plenty capable.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

But no so capable she can avoid any fatalities. Trying to save that guy would've either blown her cover or got her hurt.

Anyway, even Dick got overwhelmed a couple of issues ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Do we think that's Steph in Detective #1055 on the page with Kate, Cass, and Barbara, where they are talking about her on the radio, and she/someone says "You all need to be quiet NOW"?

If it is Steph, it's the first (and only) time we've seen Nahuelpan draw her. She's not wearing the same t-shirt she was wearing in #1054, since this t-shirt now has a pocket.

And - is she telling the people on the radio to stop chattering at her? Does she even hear the radio? Usually radio chatter is shown in panels, as it is here, where people are listening, so that's confusing.

Or is she admonishing the noisy crowd to be quiet for their own safety?

Aside from these questions, the storytelling is crystal clear to me!

Do we think that's Steph in Detective #1055 on the page with Kate, Cass, and Barbara, where they are talking about her on the radio, and she/someone says "You all need to be quiet NOW"?

If it is Steph, it's the first (and only) time we've seen Nahuelpan draw her. She's not wearing the same t-shirt she was wearing in #1054, since this t-shirt now has a pocket.

And - is she telling the people on the radio to stop chattering at her? Does she even hear the radio? Usually radio chatter is shown in panels, as it is here, where people are listening, so that's confusing.

Or is she admonishing the noisy crowd to be quiet for their own safety?

Aside from these questions, the storytelling is crystal clear to me!
    Yes, I think that's Steph. Her outfit mostly matches what Rayner drew for her. Pockets come and go - pouches are forever. What is not forever is the thigh belt

I think Steph has an earpiece, since we saw her reporting in without visible comms when she took on the Party Crashers last issue. But she does talk to the people around her too, making it a bit confusing.

Incredible Member

Yes, I think that's Steph. Her outfit mostly matches what Rayner drew for her. Pockets come and go - pouches are forever. What is not forever is the thigh belt

I think Steph has an earpiece, since we saw her reporting in without visible comms when she took on the Party Crashers last issue. But she does talk to the people around her too, making it a bit confusing.
    The scene essentially repeats in this week's Detective, so (1) yes that's her and (2) she's telling the people in the room to be quiet.

I like her courage here, even though it looks like Tim is going to bail the bunch out. Of course, he's equipped for action; Steph may have a pocket now, which makes her t-shirt more sophisticated than a shirt with no pocket, but that's still not deadly enough!

Steph identifies HERSELF as Spoiler near the end. I'd call that a minor error.

The scene essentially repeats in this week's Detective, so (1) yes that's her and (2) she's telling the people in the room to be quiet.

I like her courage here, even though it looks like Tim is going to bail the bunch out. Of course, he's equipped for action; Steph may have a pocket now, which makes her t-shirt more sophisticated than a shirt with no pocket, but that's still not deadly enough!

Steph identifies HERSELF as Spoiler near the end. I'd call that a minor error.
    Yeah, I was a bit confused about Steph calling herself Spoiler, just after she called herself Batgirl. Sigh. Still a fun issue.

Enjoyed Steph detectiving and fighting in Batgirls #4, though I do wish she'd pushed back more on Dante at the end, since she was so properly Suspicious of him in the middle of the comic.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I was a bit confused about Steph calling herself Spoiler, just after she called herself Batgirl. Sigh. Still a fun issue.

Enjoyed Steph detectiving and fighting in Batgirls #4, though I do wish she'd pushed back more on Dante at the end, since she was so properly Suspicious of him in the middle of the comic.
    How bizarre that the writers have Barbara hand Tutor to Dante and not to the police!

By whatever name, at least the "actual" Steph does appear in Detective.

The credits in Batgirls should read "Stephanie Brown based on a character created by Chuck Dixon and Tom Lyle."

How bizarre that the writers have Barbara hand Tutor to Dante and not to the police!

By whatever name, at least the "actual" Steph does appear in Detective.

The credits in Batgirls should read "Stephanie Brown based on a character created by Chuck Dixon and Tom Lyle."
    I mean, to some extent, that's always the case for characters in these franchises. I still think that Steph in Batgirls still has decent connections to her past appearances, particularly in BQM's Batgirl.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Like this sketch of Stephanie as ROBIN.

BrownRobin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Like this sketch of Stephanie as ROBIN.

BrownRobin.jpg
    Really cute .

In 5 weeks, the world will once again seen the greatness that is Stephanie Brown spoilers:
    as Robin
    end of spoilers in Wayne Family Adventures!

In 5 weeks, the world will once again seen the greatness that is Stephanie Brown spoilers:
    as Robin
    end of spoilers in Wayne Family Adventures!
    That's a fun tease .