Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's 17, the wiki says she was born in 2003 - I'm guessing you forgot that Phantoms is set in 2020, not 2022.

https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Spoiler
    Only off by two years .

Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis has a Steph story! She stops Nocturna from robbing a museum, and they talk - for some reason, Nocturna knows Batgirl's secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis has a Steph story! She stops Nocturna from robbing a museum, and they talk - for some reason, Nocturna knows Batgirl's secret identity.
    Well, this is actually Nocturna and Steph's THIRD confrontation! Steph was present for Nocturna's post-Crisis origin story (a weird one in Robin #100-105), and I think it's quite possible that Phillips and Williamson are drawing from that for how Nocturna knows Steph's identity. The two clashed again in Gotham Gazette during the RIP/Battle for the Cowl period, though this retconned a lot of the post-Crisis stuff from Jon Lewis's Robin arc and replaced it with the classic pre-Crisis stuff. Clayton Henry drew a really awesome looking Steph and Nocturna here! And I personally am saying that Nocturna is now a regular Steph villain, given how many times they've fought.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, this is actually Nocturna and Steph's THIRD confrontation! Steph was present for Nocturna's post-Crisis origin story (a weird one in Robin #100-105), and I think it's quite possible that Phillips and Williamson are drawing from that for how Nocturna knows Steph's identity. The two clashed again in Gotham Gazette during the RIP/Battle for the Cowl period, though this retconned a lot of the post-Crisis stuff from Jon Lewis's Robin arc and replaced it with the classic pre-Crisis stuff. Clayton Henry drew a really awesome looking Steph and Nocturna here! And I personally am saying that Nocturna is now a regular Steph villain, given how many times they've fought.
    Well, better Steph than Batwoman .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, better Steph than Batwoman .
    Don't think this hasn't crossed my mind! But since I think there's better dramatic potential with this than the really crappy Andreyko stuff for poor Kate and all the retcons they've done afterwards, I'd rather go with Steph vs. the Vampire! Or pheromone pied piper lady! Or whatever DC is doing with her! Though I do wish for more blimps, and Steph fighting the vampire on the blimp!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Cool beans. I'll have to look for this!

And Millernumber1 is right. We need Steph battling a baddie on a blimp!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Cool beans. I'll have to look for this!

And Millernumber1 is right. We need Steph battling a baddie on a blimp!
    Steph battling villains on blimps - I should pester the Batgirls writers about this!

Incredible Member

I'd be happy if Clayton Henry took over drawing Batgirls!

While this is really Nocturna's story, has any story since 2011 featured Steph as not part of a team? Perhaps in Batman Eternal, or early in New 52, she got some spotlight stories?

Cass is featured frequently without Steph or Barbara... Steph has occasionally appeared without Cass (once or twice in Joker, once or twice in Tynion's Batman), but Barbara is always around on those occasions. So, I'm wondering.

This feels like an appearance of Batgirl-Steph, and sounds like the 2011 Steph, while few stories do. At least, it seems much closer than what we get from Cloonan and Conrad.

SO.... Steph is not having better luck than in comics?

https://twitter.com/Croc_Block/statu...94559109238784

Stephanie Brown is genuinely the most cursed DC character because how do they keep getting away with it every time

she has 3 extremely iconic mantles and she literally hasn’t been allowed to wear any of them

Gotham knights literally gave more to Carrie Kelley it’s so damn disrespectful-
    Move over Dick butt, here comes Spoiler butt:

It seems that DC had enough of Dick Butt(FOR NOW) after what they made in the Heroes Day.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-01-2022 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I'd be happy if Clayton Henry took over drawing Batgirls!

While this is really Nocturna's story, has any story since 2011 featured Steph as not part of a team? Perhaps in Batman Eternal, or early in New 52, she got some spotlight stories?

Cass is featured frequently without Steph or Barbara... Steph has occasionally appeared without Cass (once or twice in Joker, once or twice in Tynion's Batman), but Barbara is always around on those occasions. So, I'm wondering.

This feels like an appearance of Batgirl-Steph, and sounds like the 2011 Steph, while few stories do. At least, it seems much closer than what we get from Cloonan and Conrad.
    I love - and I mean LOVE - Jorge Corona's art for Batgirls. But Clayton Henry would be a great replacement, though in a very different direction. (I'd also love Sweeney Boo, Christian Duce, Phillipe Briones, Carlo Pagulayan, and Jorge Jimenez, if we're reaching for the moon ).

Steph had a leadership role in 2015's Detective Comics: Endgame, which was a backdoor pilot to We Are Robin. She got a fair amount of training in Catwoman, and few issues learning from Barbara in Burnside (though she was paired with Harper for some of that time). She functioned solo in Detective Comics for three spotlight issues. But you're right - she's almost always functioned as a member of either the Robins or the Batgirls in the past 5 years. Wayne Family Adventures had a two part arc focusing on her and her solo history recently, but that's slice of life rather than adventure.

It does feel like Steph doesn't have a creative champion currently. Maybe Stephanie Phillips will feature her in Harley Quinn solo sometime?

Now I wish Steph wasn't stuck in that Gotham Knights show.

Oh, man. The Gotham Knights trailer looks unbearably bad. I wasn't a fan of Batwoman, though I did like the episode Steph was in, but this looks 10x cheaper and worse written. And the character I think is Steph is...dreadfully cliched and stupid seeming. Get ready for Cass in Birds of Prey, but for Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oh, man. The Gotham Knights trailer looks unbearably bad. I wasn't a fan of Batwoman, though I did like the episode Steph was in, but this looks 10x cheaper and worse written. And the character I think is Steph is...dreadfully cliched and stupid seeming. Get ready for Cass in Birds of Prey, but for Steph.
    Yeah, she seems set up like this preppy, sassy, rich kid...

To quote a show I never watched: "I don't want it. I never have."

Incredible Member

The tweet posted above lead to some other trailer, and I was finally able to find a longer one that was more CW-juvenile and was more likely the one people were most complaining about.

But does everyone know which character Steph is? There may have been a blonde girl in a school uniform, is that supposed to be her? Is she any worse than any of the other prep school kids? Is the problem that Carrie Kelley seems more important? I know some people aren't happy about the Carrie Kelly swap from redhead to African American, a move seen as SJW, and very common on these CW shows, but I don't know how much of the hate stems from that casting.