Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

steph&cass in the preview pages of dc pride: tim drake special

https://twitter.com/dailystephbrown/...42074618322944

I like Steph design here
    Stephanie Brown Batgirl Tim special.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I do really like the art here, but I don't like how it feels like Steph is a prop for Tim's story. She was originally a supporting character when Tim was Robin, but she's come a lot farther these days and deserves to be more than a prop in a story like this.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I do really like the art here, but I don't like how it feels like Steph is a prop for Tim's story. She was originally a supporting character when Tim was Robin, but she's come a lot farther these days and deserves to be more than a prop in a story like this.
    I can understand you but.... As long as she is not as unlucky as Damian in Jon Pride story it will be fine.

Well, I'm more concerned about Steph, given that this is the Steph thread. I think this is not a very well handled treatment of her.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    It's a cute outfit...despite the circumstances.

Like a date outfit except she's not the date.

It's just a really weird scene.

Incredible Member

Well, I'm more concerned about Steph, given that this is the Steph thread. I think this is not a very well handled treatment of her.
    You are diplomatic. This is worse than that.

It means the world to Steph that Tim "told her?" No, he didn't tell her. He avoided her!

But it's all good, just give her a milkshake.

But Tim can do better than just that! It's treated as a PRESENT to Steph that Tim introduces her to Bernard! HUH?! How is that a present to Steph?

And then Steph is so nervous about it that she mutters to herself over and over to be cool, but she can't help herself and yells out "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!" Seriously?

Steph is not just a prop, but either has no self-respect, or is mentally deficient.

Or maybe this is Steph's "best day ever" if she is finding encouragement in it to continue her advances on Cass in Batgirls.

Next up, Fitzmartin will have 6 issues of "Dark Crisis: Young Justice" to humiliate Cassie Sandsmark. Something for some other appreciation thread to worry about.

Extraordinary Member

regression.jpg

Steph has regressed all the way back to 1998 when she said this. She doesn't stand up for herself. She lets herself be treated like crap. She's a doormat. The person who slapped Bruce is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    You are diplomatic. This is worse than that.

It means the world to Steph that Tim "told her?" No, he didn't tell her. He avoided her!

But it's all good, just give her a milkshake.

But Tim can do better than just that! It's treated as a PRESENT to Steph that Tim introduces her to Bernard! HUH?! How is that a present to Steph?

And then Steph is so nervous about it that she mutters to herself over and over to be cool, but she can't help herself and yells out "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!" Seriously?

Steph is not just a prop, but either has no self-respect, or is mentally deficient.

Or maybe this is Steph's "best day ever" if she is finding encouragement in it to continue her advances on Cass in Batgirls.

Next up, Fitzmartin will have 6 issues of "Dark Crisis: Young Justice" to humiliate Cassie Sandsmark. Something for some other appreciation thread to worry about.
    Yeah, I just don't buy it at all. You've written it all very well here.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    regression.jpg

Steph has regressed all the way back to 1998 when she said this. She doesn't stand up for herself. She lets herself be treated like crap. She's a doormat. The person who slapped Bruce is gone.
    Agreed. I love Tim Drake. But this story made me kind of hate Tim Drake for not talking to Steph for a year. (I know it's not a year in universe, but they made us wait for a year for a story that says they STILL hadn't talked the whole time.)

Tim Drake is the worst boyfriend ever.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tim Drake is the worst boyfriend ever.

Now Twitter/tumblr will use this an excuse to bash TimSteph.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Now Twitter/tumblr will use this an excuse to bash TimSteph.
    Part of me thinks that a ton of the people cheering for this scene were always TimSteph haters.

Part of me thinks that a ton of the people cheering for this scene were always TimSteph haters.
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Have you seen how Twitter is reacting to this? Of course they were.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Have you seen how Twitter is reacting to this? Of course they were.
    I have seen twitter and tumblr reacting, but I haven't hunted down their past posts on pro/anti TimSteph shipping before. I just know there's a lot of people on twitter and tumblr who were very negative towards TimSteph, and it feels like that crowd is cheering the replacement ship.