Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

https://twitter.com/PlinaGanucheau/s...77927488921606

90s variant cover for Batgirls #12 in November featuring Steph (and Cass) homaging Tec 948 - so gorgeous!

Ganucheau says: "This one is extra special to me because it's loosely based on a page my dear friend and professor, Tom Lyle, drew in 1992. I am so pleased at this little chance to honor him and his legacy. We miss you Tom. ��"

My heart is so full. FINALLY something celebrating Steph's 30th anniversary, and from someone who has a direct connection to Lyle as one of her creators! This is a truly celebratory cover for me, and I'm absolutely gonna get me one!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

90s variant cover for Batgirls #12 in November featuring Steph (and Cass) homaging Tec 948 - so gorgeous!

Ganucheau says: "This one is extra special to me because it's loosely based on a page my dear friend and professor, Tom Lyle, drew in 1992. I am so pleased at this little chance to honor him and his legacy. We miss you Tom. ��"

My heart is so full. FINALLY something celebrating Steph's 30th anniversary, and from someone who has a direct connection to Lyle as one of her creators! This is a truly celebratory cover for me, and I'm absolutely gonna get me one!
    I love this so much! Stephanie looks absolutely fabulous on her bike. I remember when Spoiler rode around on her bike in her debut, and it's always great whenever she brings it back out. Celebrating our girl's 30th anniversary

Give me a retro Batgirls comic now .

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

That's a nice one. The only comic book store in town is a pain in the neck to get stuff from, so I might not get a choice of cover, but I'll pick this one if its on the shelf come release weekend.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Steph and Cass are doing Freaky Friday! Steph's gonna have to prove just how well she knows her BFF.

BATGIRLS 2022 ANNUAL
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    Cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    $5.99 US | 48 pages
    ON SALE 11/29/22
    It’s a freaky Friday when the Batgirls wake up inside each other’s bodies! That can’t be possible, right? It’s only stuff you see in the movies? Except Oracle has seen this happen before and the only person who may have the antidote to swap their bodies back…is Batman! And to make matters worse, Lady Shiva is here confronting her daughter about something…and it’s up to Steph to put on her best Cass to get through it!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BATGIRLS #12
    Art by NEIL GOOGE
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    Variant cover by AUDREY MOK
    1:25 variant cover by RIAN GONZALES
    ’90s Cover Month variant cover by PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/8/22
    Boy, do the Batgirls have some tea for you! Literally. Cass and Steph go down a rabbit hole of madness when they’re invited to Mad Hatter’s tea party. But with the death of yet another Hill resident looming on their shoulders, they’re one step closer to finding the Hill Ripper.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interesting that it doesn't sound like #12 is the end of the arc. I'm kind of interested to see how Steph and Cass face down Mad Hatter - not the biggest physical threat, but a bigger name villain. However, Tutor and Spellbinder seem like very similar villains to Mad Hatter.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Body-switching and parent trouble! Looks like we'll get Batman involved and Steph having to deal with Shiva .

We haven't seen Hatter in a while, so that should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

BATGIRLS #12
    Art by NEIL GOOGE
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    Variant cover by AUDREY MOK
    1:25 variant cover by RIAN GONZALES
    ’90s Cover Month variant cover by PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/8/22
    Boy, do the Batgirls have some tea for you! Literally. Cass and Steph go down a rabbit hole of madness when they’re invited to Mad Hatter’s tea party. But with the death of yet another Hill resident looming on their shoulders, they’re one step closer to finding the Hill Ripper.
    Love these covers. Steph makes eating pizza look so cool as only she can lol. So many good Stephanie content to look forward to. The idea of her and Cass switching bodies sounds like it could lead to some very interesting moments. I wonder if Cass can turn Steph's body into a deadly weapon? Looking forward to everything that will be coming up for the Batgirls!

I am very curious to see what Steph and Cass do during the body swap! And there are tons and tons of variant covers with Steph on them in November, for some reason - Punchline #2, Detective Comics, a few others. Sadly, most of them are incentive variants, which means I can't justify buying them.

I guess that does beg the question of how much of Cass' body reading is physical instead of mental/training.

Like, would Steph be able to rely on muscle memory? Would Cass be able to make do in a body that's not trained the way hers was?

These are the questions I certainly hope to see dealt with!

We could see Steph knocking out villains Cassandra style. That will look so weird and fun at the same time. And seeing Cass act like Steph will be so bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steph and Cass are doing Freaky Friday! Steph's gonna have to prove just how well she knows her BFF.

BATGIRLS 2022 ANNUAL
    Art by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    Cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    $5.99 US | 48 pages
    ON SALE 11/29/22
    It’s a freaky Friday when the Batgirls wake up inside each other’s bodies! That can’t be possible, right? It’s only stuff you see in the movies? Except Oracle has seen this happen before and the only person who may have the antidote to swap their bodies back…is Batman! And to make matters worse, Lady Shiva is here confronting her daughter about something…and it’s up to Steph to put on her best Cass to get through it!
    WOW.. AWESOME..

I should see this.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    We could see Steph knocking out villains Cassandra style. That will look so weird and fun at the same time. And seeing Cass act like Steph will be so bizarre.
    Maybe that would be catharsis for all the time Cass beat up Steph during training.