Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Whatever happens, I hope that it's a fun story that deals with their backstory respectfully, pushes the characters into new cool stories, and is a satisfying issue by itself, like an Annual should be.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Whatever happens, I hope that it's a fun story that deals with their backstory respectfully, pushes the characters into new cool stories, and is a satisfying issue by itself, like an Annual should be.
    Hopefully they get Shiva right as well.

That's a controversial question, in my opinion. I personally think Shiva is no healthier for Cass than Arthur is for Steph, but a lot of Shiva and Cass fans seem to want Shiva and Cass to be in a warm relationship without Shiva making any commitment to live according to the values that Cass thinks are important, or make amends for the pain and suffering she caused. I would say that Steph's demands towards Cluemaster in Young Justice #18 should be the same general demands made by Cass towards Shiva.

If the writers present that, I'd argue that they got Shiva right. But as I said. Lots of Shiva and Cass fans seem to disagree.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

That's a controversial question, in my opinion. I personally think Shiva is no healthier for Cass than Arthur is for Steph, but a lot of Shiva and Cass fans seem to want Shiva and Cass to be in a warm relationship without Shiva making any commitment to live according to the values that Cass thinks are important, or make amends for the pain and suffering she caused. I would say that Steph's demands towards Cluemaster in Young Justice #18 should be the same general demands made by Cass towards Shiva.

If the writers present that, I'd argue that they got Shiva right. But as I said. Lots of Shiva and Cass fans seem to disagree.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but were her demands that Cluemaster go to family counseling with her and her mom?

And with the body switch between Cass and Steph, I want to see a remake of their famous "training" scene together. One of my favorite Cass/Steph is this scene right here
    2112599-cassandra_cain_stephanie_brown_batgirl_28.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully they get Shiva right as well.
    Honestly in Shivas case it is not that easy to define what "right" is.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but were her demands that Cluemaster go to family counseling with her and her mom?

And with the body switch between Cass and Steph, I want to see a remake of their famous "training" scene together. One of my favorite Cass/Steph is this scene right here
    2112599-cassandra_cain_stephanie_brown_batgirl_28.jpg
    She specifically says:

"I want you to put down your weapons, turn yourself in, pay your debt to society, and go to family counseling with me and mom."

I think something similar would be appropriate for Cass to want from Shiva. Not just the family counselling - the stopping of murder, torture, and assassination. And making amends.

She specifically says:

"I want you to put down your weapons, turn yourself in, pay your debt to society, and go to family counseling with me and mom."

I think something similar would be appropriate for Cass to want from Shiva. Not just the family counselling - the stopping of murder, torture, and assassination. And making amends.
    Right, I vaguely remember reading that awhile back. The family counseling line was the one that stuck out to me the most though. Honestly, Arthur Brown should have been better to his family. But then again he is a villain.

Right, I vaguely remember reading that awhile back. The family counseling line was the one that stuck out to me the most though. Honestly, Arthur Brown should have been better to his family. But then again he is a villain.
    Agreed that he should have been! But that's my argument for Shiva, too - she's a villain, and I think a lot of fans forget that. She's a complex villain, but a villain.

Anyway, I hope that Steph's first major face-off against Shiva is a good one!

Agreed that he should have been! But that's my argument for Shiva, too - she's a villain, and I think a lot of fans forget that. She's a complex villain, but a villain.

Maybe she'll mouth off to Shiva for her treatment of Cass, and surprise her. Stephanie is way more chatty then Cassandra after all, and with her feelings about criminal parents due to Cluemaster she might unload on Shiva verbally.

Maybe she'll mouth off to Shiva for her treatment of Cass, and surprise her. Stephanie is way more chatty then Cassandra after all, and with her feelings about criminal parents due to Cluemaster she might unload on Shiva verbally.
    Steph giving Shiva some truth bombs would be nice.

Extraordinary Member

This would be the 3rd time Steph has pretended to be Cass. There was the time she took on one of Shiva's followers while Cass was in a coma 20 years ago, and she was basically pretending to be Cass the first couple of issues of the BQM series until Babs gave her her own costume as Batgirl.

Interesting! It would be pretty cool if she brought up that cultist. But she probably won't.

Yeah, I didn't really care for the Cass and Shiva dynamic in the Outsiders comic.

We got a bunch of variant covers this month!

Tec:

Punchline:

Azrael:

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Mike McKone art.

SpoilerBatMcKone.jpg