Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but she's also flirty, romantic, seems to sport feminine styles and looks, and her general energy feels kind of girly to me.
    I dunno. Maybe we have different ideas of what tomboy is. What you're describing sounds more like a non-sexuality-attached version of "butch", but I always thought "tomboy" was "likes boy stuff, but is still a girl in many ways".
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I dunno. Maybe we have different ideas of what tomboy is. What you're describing sounds more like a non-sexuality-attached version of "butch", but I always thought "tomboy" was "likes boy stuff, but is still a girl in many ways".
    Girly Girls with a Tomboy streak are a thing.

Regular Steph is pretty tomboyish already, isn't she?
    Regular Steph definitely has tomboyish traits like riding her motorbike. Seriously she's a badass whenever she rides that thing. What I meant was her being more into rough housing and being on the tougher side. Regular Stephanie can be pretty tough as well, but normally she is one of the more friendlier members of the batfamily (and I love her for that) I was just wondering if her medieval counterpart would have some differences. I want to see more of her to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    After reading those tropes I would laugh so hard if Medieval Steph was a big eater type, hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Regular Steph definitely has tomboyish traits like riding her motorbike. Seriously she's a badass whenever she rides that thing. What I meant was her being more into rough housing and being on the tougher side. Regular Stephanie can be pretty tough as well, but normally she is one of the more friendlier members of the batfamily (and I love her for that) I was just wondering if her medieval counterpart would have some differences. I want to see more of her to find out!
    We do need to know more of Medieval Steph!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I don't know if riding a motorbike is necesarilly unfeminine...although this kind of reminds me of the debate we had about Batgirl being a "Biker Chick" .

Spectacular Member

I do think it's matter of the connotations of the words. My mom rode bikes....but she was never a "biker chick". Kind of like "working girl" at times did not mean "a woman with a job".

For anyone interested, the Batgirls, though more so Stephanie, is featured in the new 'One Bad Day Two-Face' one shot, teaming up with Batman and helping him.

I just saw Stephanie in the Two-Face one shot. I really enjoyed her there. It's always nice when she questions, and opposes Batman. It's this dynamic between Batman and Steph that I like to see. Also the artwork is really good. Especially of little Steph, she's so precious

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    For anyone interested, the Batgirls, though more so Stephanie, is featured in the new 'One Bad Day Two-Face' one shot, teaming up with Batman and helping him.
    I just saw Stephanie in the Two-Face one shot. I really enjoyed her there. It's always nice when she questions, and opposes Batman. It's this dynamic between Batman and Steph that I like to see. Also the artwork is really good. Especially of little Steph, she's so precious
    It was a really great issue! So glad to see Steph, Cass, and Batgirl working with Batman in their own unique way! And Javi Fernandez didn't get a huge chance with Steph during his run on Tec with Tynion, so glad to see him getting a chance now!

It was a really great issue! So glad to see Steph, Cass, and Batgirl working with Batman in their own unique way! And Javi Fernandez didn't get a huge chance with Steph during his run on Tec with Tynion, so glad to see him getting a chance now!
    I love the use of the Batgirls in this, especially Stephanie! I like how she called Batman out on how this case was a favor for Dent, and how they used a comparison for Cluemaster (where we get to see toddler Steph in all her cuteness) and how she's with Batman at the end. Their dynamic was nice this issue. As much as I love cheerful and hopeful Steph, I also like when she's not afraid to call Batman out and challenge his motivations. It really makes me wish we had a true Robin run with her in this mindset to get moments like this.

Incredible Member

A terrific cover by Todd Nauk for this week's Batman/Superman World's Finest #7. Unfortunately, it's 1:50.

202211 Batman Superman World's Finest (2022) #7d (Nov 2022) 1-50 Todd Nauck. cover.jpg

That's a mix of eras - we even see the Linda Danvers (or Kara In-Ze from the DCAU) and the Cir-El versions of Supergirl.

But as for Steph and the Batgirls: Barbara and Cass are drawn in their classic Batgirl forms.

Too bad classic Batgirl Steph was not included. Instead, she is Spoiler.

I suppose the justification was to use the best-known version of them. Steph in her classic Batgirl appearance was active only a fraction of the time she was active as Spoiler, especially when considering pre-and post-Flashpoint.

There are also several characters in red and and green that may be Robins I don't know about? One with a baseball hat with an "R" on it, one with a yellow backpack and a green strap. There's a guy with a green bandana also dressed in red and green, who may have yellow "R" on his shoulders? (Can't tell for sure from the drawing.) I do wonder who they all are.

Great cover! I do hate that Steph is showing up on all these incentive variants. Makes it impossible to justify buying them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    A terrific cover by Todd Nauk for this week's Batman/Superman World's Finest #7. Unfortunately, it's 1:50.

202211 Batman Superman World's Finest (2022) #7d (Nov 2022) 1-50 Todd Nauck. cover.jpg

That's a mix of eras - we even see the Linda Danvers (or Kara In-Ze from the DCAU) and the Cir-El versions of Supergirl.

But as for Steph and the Batgirls: Barbara and Cass are drawn in their classic Batgirl forms.

I suppose the justification was to use the best-known version of them. Steph in her classic Batgirl appearance was active only a fraction of the time she was active as Spoiler, especially when considering pre-and post-Flashpoint.

There are also several characters in red and and green that may be Robins I don't know about? One with a baseball hat with an "R" on it, one with a yellow backpack and a green strap. There's a guy with a green bandana also dressed in red and green, who may have yellow "R" on his shoulders? (Can't tell for sure from the drawing.) I do wonder who they all are.
    They're Duke Thomas (Signal)'s pals from his debut book, We Are Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're Duke Thomas (Signal)'s pals from his debut book, We Are Robin.
    Yup! Left to Right, they are Izzy, Troy, Dre, Riko, and Dax. I really love them. Still pretty mad at how DC has treated them post We Are Robin, particularly in the dreadful Secret Files: The Signal one shot. Maybe Brandon Thomas can redeem that trash fire. He's done such an amazing job with Duke!

I am interested that DC/Nauck put Steph in her classic 90s Spoiler suit, given the choice of costumes for Dick and Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post

I'm just glad Steph is featured. They likely went with Spoiler because it's what she's mostly been known for. It feels like of her runs, her being Batgirl doesn't get brought up as much compared to her time as Spoiler and her disasters run as Robin. Kind of a shame since her Batgirl was more successful then her Robin.

Now at the risk of sounding dumb, why are there two Supergirls in there? Were there two Supergirls in DC?