Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steph is mentioned in The New Golden Age - as one of four deceased Robins (Tim, Damian, and Joker's son are the others). It's gonna be awkward if Steph ever meets the time displaced Helena Wayne, who is from two decades in the future.
    Now that's just rude! Steph should not be ded again!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

Hopefully it turns out to just be a possible future.

Edit: Although at least given the context, Selina might just have been referencing War Games as she was talking about Bruce turning his back on them when they break, and she was definitely saw the results of that with Steph.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 11-08-2022 at 10:57 AM.

One friend showed me it. Batman needed to steal Jason weapon to defeat her.
    Stephanie Brown Spoiler Robin batgirl vs batman.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-08-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    In spite of him saying that she's a lesser obstacle than Tim even with the staff. I don't even think that it's bad writing so much as Bruce's own biases shining through. And perhaps Damian's.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 11-08-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is it wrong I was rooting for Stephanie to win, despite being brainwashed? Bruce has had a beatdown like this coming for all he did to her. You got lucky, Wayne! Yes I am super bias here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Is it wrong I was rooting for Stephanie to win, despite being brainwashed? Bruce has had a beatdown like this coming for all he did to her. You got lucky, Wayne! Yes I am super bias here lol.
    Nope, I also was rooting for a Steph win!

At least we got the 90s Rewind Cover for Steph to win on!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Nope, I also was rooting for a Steph win!

At least we got the 90s Rewind Cover for Steph to win on!
    I was waiting for her to punch/kick Bruce and to say "Does Tim hit like that?" A snarky comment on how Bruce always, and unfairly, held Steph to Tim's standards throughout her Robin training. It would have been so good to get that payback.

Incredible Member

Steph kicked Punchline in the head in Dark Crisis #6.

Dark Crisis 6.jpg

It's important to put that on the record!

If you're not already buying Dark Crisis - don't worry about it. The poor excuse for an "event" started out vaguely promising, but has declined to the point where it's almost unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post

Dark Crisis 6.jpg

If you're not already buying Dark Crisis - don't worry about it. The poor excuse for an "event" started out vaguely promising, but has declined to the point where it's almost unreadable.
    And gone completely maskless!

Dark Crisis 6.jpg

Contrary to SOME nasty former members of this board, I firmly believe Steph can take Punchline. And now we have proof!

Dark Crisis 6.jpg

Steph has just gone full anti-mask here. I guess she figures she'll hit the clown so hard she won't remember what she looks like when waking up. I have not been following Dark Crisis. I only peak in when I hear Stephanie makes a appearance lol.

Edit: Also is there anything important about Steph kicking Punchline? Do they have history or something?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Steph has just gone full anti-mask here. I guess she figures she'll hit the clown so hard she won't remember what she looks like when waking up. I have not been following Dark Crisis. I only peak in when I hear Stephanie makes a appearance lol.

Edit: Also is there anything important about Steph kicking Punchline? Do they have history or something?
    It's hard to see, but Punchline is in chains - as is Pariah's entire Dark Army. It's something weird that comes along with the mind control they are under. (As of the end of this issue, they are under Deathstroke's control - it's nonsensical rubbish.) It's a good question how much any of them will remember later.

I don't remember if Steph and Punchline have any history, but the matchup makes sense. It's a free-for-all battle including characters of all power levels, including Darkseid, Doomsday, Nekron, Lanterns, Flashes, two Supermen, and countless others. It's always ridiculous to see the Bat family and various archers thrown into these clashes, but at least there's some sense in creating matchups between non-supers.

So if Steph can beat Punchline, she can totally beat Harley too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily go that far. And also, why would she be fighting Harley the hero?

But Harley got a whole series of 30th Anniversary variant covers, INCLUDING on Steph's own series. Steph got an accidental 30th anniversary 90s rewind cover on her own series, nearly 6 months after her actual anniversary!

No, I'm not still monumentally salty, why do you ask?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Power levels depend entirely on the writer. In this week's Batgirls, Cass had to dig really, really deep just to beat one guy with a knife! Apparently it turns out that if Cass can't read emotions, she has almost no fighting capacity (according to Cloonan, Conrad and Chen).

Steph beat Nocturna recently. But then couldn't really beat Riddler. Steph is pretty capable everywhere except in her own book, because this is the way the three C's contrast their 3 Batgirls.