Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think that fancostume is probably one of my faves! Its a good blend of old and new...and love the black tiara.

New Themiscyra has an interesting landscape...

Where are those pages from? Phil Jimenez is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Where are those pages from? Phil Jimenez is so good.
    Back up story from Wonder Woman #178

Yep. Lasted about 3-4 issues i think? Very good

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Art by mel milton
    LOVE the Mel Milton re-design.
    One change, I would remove the red star on the headgear as I feel the star is meant to set Diana apart as the Champion of the Amazons - a takeaway from the first WONDER WOMAN movie where the mantle passed from Antiope to Diana (although they never explained why on Diana it was a tiara while it had more shape/bulk for Antiope...)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-28-2022 at 04:09 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Take a closer look. Antiope seems to be wearing the tiara over a helm, unlike Diana.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    LOVE the Mel Milton re-design.
    One change, I would remove the red star on the headgear as I feel the star is meant to set Diana apart as the Champion of the Amazons - a takeaway from the first WONDER WOMAN movie where the mantle passed from Antiope to Diana (although they never explained why on Diana it was a tiara while it had more shape/bulk for Antiope...)
    That black tiara is useless. First, Donna doesn't need one. That's Diana's schtick. Secondly, from a design perspective, the black visually blends in with her hair, so what's the point?

I also am not feeling the black tiara for Donna.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

"...Donna learned that, when her ordeal on the Troy had left her, near death, her 3,000 warrior sisters made the ultimate sacrifice, for her - that Mala had modified the Purple Ray to impart a portion of each Amazon's awesome power to Donna, ..saving her life! She would spend her girlhood, honoring their courage - training to be among the fittest and fiercest of the Amazons - and, for a time on time-lost Themyscira...

She, Diana and Hippolyta would be inseparable.

Discovering the Purple Ray had unexpectedly endowed her, with abilities, nearly as terrific, as Wonder Woman's, teenaged Donna decided it was time to return to the world, her parents had tried to save ..and followed Diana into Man's World!

There, 'Donna Troy' befriended and saved the life of US Air Force Intelligence officer, General Phillip Darnell, a friend of Diana's, who welcomed the girl into his small family and became her legal guardian, in the United States. Roaming the world's bleakest war zones, ancient ruins and top-secret military bases, with her adoptive father, Donna grew up, learning mankind's darkest and strangest secrets, while secretly battling the forces of evil, with Darnell, Wonder Woman and the New Teen Titans, ..as Wonder Girl.

Now, a trend-setting lifestyle blogger (with 'Roar' blog) and crusading photojournalist, Donna Troy honors her freedom-loving Amazon creed and Roman heritage, using her powers to fight injustice and oppression, wherever it's too long ignored! It's in her blood...

Revolution!" Mel Dyer, Revolution: The New, Revised Secret Files Of Donna Troy
    I wish Donna Troy's origin could be this simple, again.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I wish Donna Troy's origin could be this simple, again.
    Heh, this is similar to Arisia's origin in DCAU.

Hopefully some future WW run or anything with Donna puts some focus on her relationship with Hippolyta. Its been under developed for far too long

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    That black tiara is useless. First, Donna doesn't need one. That's Diana's schtick. Secondly, from a design perspective, the black visually blends in with her hair, so what's the point?
    When Donna is a princess it can be as much her thing.

Yes, Donna is a princess too but they don't seem to mention that much.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

What does being a princess of Themiscyra even mean? Next in line for Hippolyta's throne... if she ever vacates it?

Royalty, honor, allegiance, loyalty.....