Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Casting the next cinematic Wonder Woman actress

While Gal Gadot hasn't experienced the definitive, public, and messy exit that her JL co-star Henry Cavill went through, it definitely feels like Gunn and Saffran are building their new Dc Cinematic Universe (DCU) completely separate from the previous DC Extended Universe (DCEU). I don't think any of the major actors are returning, at least not in the roles they occupied.

So, with that premise, which actress should pick up Gal's tiara to become Live-Action Wonder Woman VI ?

Some (hopefully) helpful questions to consider:

1. Would you prefer an American actress or a non-American actress for the role?

2. What age range would be ideal for this actress?

3. Size preference. : is 5'3" OK or should the actress be at least a certain height (and if so, what's the preferred height)?

4. Should Wonder Woman be played by an existing star (like Batman actors) or should the actress be more of an unknown (like Superman actors)?

5. Finally: which professional actress out there would be your initial pick for Live-Action Wonder Woman VI ?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm fine with either

25-32

3. Size preference. : is 5'3" OK or should the actress be at least a certain height (and if so, what's the preferred height)?
    5-7 minimum. 5'10 preferred or taller though. Putting a smaller actress on screen would take more work to make her look taller. WW can not be short.

4. Should Wonder Woman be played by an existing star (like Batman actors) or should the actress be more of an unknown (like Superman actors)?
    Preferred to be unknown

5. Finally: which professional actress out there would be your initial pick for Live-Action Wonder Woman VI ?
    None at the moment. All the ones I could see as WW are already "to old" if they were to reboot a younger WW

Hmmm, what would people think of Amber Midthunder?

She’s a native-America actress who just played the protagonist in Prey, the Hulu original Predator movie. After seeing her kick butt in Prey with axes, bows, guns, and etc against a predator I could see her with Diana’s lasso and shield. Plus she’s around 25 I believe so she could play the part for a while.

Last edited by sifighter; 12-26-2022 at 08:48 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wouldnt be against it but she's 5'5 so there'd definitely have to be movie magic whenever she's with someone. Unless they just cast all small lol

1. Would you prefer an American actress or a non-American actress for the role? Doesn’t matter

2. What age range would be ideal for this actress? 25 - 30 is probably best

3. Size preference. : is 5'3" OK or should the actress be at least a certain height (and if so, what's the preferred height)? 5’8” and above

4. Should Wonder Woman be played by an existing star (like Batman actors) or should the actress be more of an unknown (like Superman actors)? Relatively unknown

5. Finally: which professional actress out there would be your initial pick for Live-Action Wonder Woman VI ? No one comes to mind. Although I’m not keeping up with all the women out there. I’m sure there are some good choices.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

She’s a native-America actress who just played the protagonist in Prey, the Hulu original Predator movie. After seeing her kick butt in Prey with axes, bows, guns, and etc against a predator I could see her with Diana’s lasso and shield. Plus she’s around 25 I believe so she could play the part for a while.

I don’t know her work, but in this pic she’s giving teen-age vibes to me. Carter and Gadot looked like women when they stepped into the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I don’t know her work, but in this pic she’s giving teen-age vibes to me. Carter and Gadot looked like women when they stepped into the role.
    Gal was what? 33/34 when she took the role? This actress is 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Gal was what? 33/34 when she took the role? This actress is 25.
    The actual age is not as important to me as what her look conveys. She doesn’t even look 25 to me.
    Last edited by Largo161; 12-26-2022 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    The actual age is not as important to me as what her look conveys. She doesn’t even look 25 to me.
    I don't think that's an issue. Diana was quite young when she left the island. Ideally you would want an actress who looks younger for their age so they can portray younger and then grow into the role.

I'm fine either way.
    Between 22-32.
    >=5'7.

5'3'' is around Scarlett Johansson's actual height and this is how she looked standing next to actual 6' tall actors. This is fine for BW but I don't think anyone wants Diana to look this short next Superman, Batman and Aquaman:

Up and coming actress is fine, imo.

Most of my faves are currently too old to play the role for 10+ years and I'm not too familiar with todays young actors.

I like Jaime Alexander but she's accumulated a **** ton of stunt injuries so I doubt being an action hero is even viable for her now. :/

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I'd rather they cast a non-American in the role, preferably someone with accented English and who naturally conveys a "foreign," otherworldly quality.
    25-35 is my preferred age-range.
    Nobody under 5' 10" need apply.
    WW is an amazon. An AMAZON. And there are plenty of unknown actresses out there who are amazonian in height.
    Wonder Woman should be the tallest of the Trinity. Period.
    The comic book industry has traditionally been a male-dominated field, and therefore it caters to male fantasies, and male-created tropes, like the trope of the taller, stronger, more powerful male hero always outranking the heroine (which also shows up in the whole visual cue of the female protagonist always looking up at the always-taller male protagonist-slash-romantic interest). Make it stop and break the mold. Wonder Woman is the perfect superhero for this.
    I'd rather the actress be an unknown.

1. Not very important. But I do wish they would cast someone that didn't look as white as Gal Gadot (and obviously not as white as Linda Carter.

2. Well she shouldn't look like a teenager, nor should she look like a grandmother. Otherwise, don't care.
    3. Yeah being tall would be nice, but i'm more concerned about them not being skinny like Gal and most actresses in the MCU. I don't want Gina Carano to play her, but if we could get another actress to get as big as her, that would be amazing. Of course that's not gonna happen, so hopefully at least get to Michelle Rodriguez size in the Dungeons & Dragons movie with a personal gym trainer over 3 years.
    4. Don't care

5 so far, I think Frankie Adams would be a pretty good choice for Wonder Woman based on her acting. She's also 6'0

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Indifferent. Although if they can get an American or Canadian actress who can fake a European accent, that would be great.

25-35. Although if they go for another origin story, closer to 25 would probably be better.

5'7" or over.

Honestly? I'm fine with either.

Got 'nothin.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Would you prefer an American actress or a non-American actress for the role?
    No preference.

What age range would be ideal for this actress?
    Mid-twenties to early thirties.

Size preference. : is 5'3" OK or should the actress be at least a certain height (and if so, what's the preferred height)?
    Ideally, she should be relatively tall.

Should Wonder Woman be played by an existing star (like Batman actors) or should the actress be more of an unknown (like Superman actors)?
    I'd prefer an unknown.

Finally: which professional actress out there would be your initial pick for Live-Action Wonder Woman VI ?
    No idea. I've never been good at fan-casting.

I just read a publication about the 8 actresses who are the best choice to play the new Wonder Woman, and they are: Adria Arjona, Elizabeth Debicki, Jodie Comer, Jessica Henwick, Eiza González, Ella Balinska, Monica Bárbaro y Christian Serratos.

The truth is that I don't know any except Debecki.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I just read a publication about the 8 actresses who are the best choice to play the new Wonder Woman, and they are: Adria Arjona, Elizabeth Debicki, Jodie Comer, Jessica Henwick, Eiza González, Ella Balinska, Monica Bárbaro y Christian Serratos.

The truth is that I don't know any except Debecki.
    I Googled those names, and I disliked every single option listed.