Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

It's nice to see Donna in the spotlight, non-pleasant circumstances aside...

Welp.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-fans-expect-d...tans-canceled/

DC Fans Are Bracing for Doom Patrol and Titans Cancellations

Fans of both Titans and Doom Patrol are preparing themselves for the worst, following reports both DC-inspired HBO Max shows might be canceled.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

While I hate watch the show...they didn't do anything with Donna last season and seemed to forget she was an Amazon with super strength and speed.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Her suit looks so much better as a plain bodysuit without all the armor bits or the sword and shield.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    While I hate watch the show...they didn't do anything with Donna last season and seemed to forget she was an Amazon with super strength and speed.
    They did? she is the second most consistent character power wise after connor

Where did you get this preview from?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Where did you get this preview from?
    Reddit, but Williamson shared on his twitter

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm much the same with Donna being the saving grace for me on the show. Otherwise, Titans makes WW84 seem like War and Peace!

Capture.JPG

All the Robins like Donna.

Has there been any interaction between Donna and Tim?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Reddit, but Williamson shared on his twitter
    Nice!!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Capture.JPG

All the Robins like Donna.

Has there been any interaction between Donna and Tim?
    I feel like there probably would have been back during the YJ era...or maybe Donna was still dead at that point? I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like there probably would have been back during the YJ era...or maybe Donna was still dead at that point? I forget.
    Donna died as the YJ era ended on the Graduation Day crossover.

Responding from the Nubia thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I can agree with Donna's...nebulous place in canon at the moment. I think her ties to the Titans, where she was always a more relevant character than in the Wonderverse, should be reinforced while redefining and cementing what her relationship is to the Amazons and Diana specifically. I don't want to harp on the origin thing, but really, we could use a Donna one-shot where this is quickly defined and then let her do something fun and exciting and novel for her. She should have the longest superhero pedigree in the WW family outside of Diana herself, and she should very much be among Dick and Wally's level of recognition and importance in the superhero world.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Yes. Donna needs her own Rogues Gallery. She was off to such a great start. Phil Jimenez has done so much to try to give her her own distinct identity and mission. But repeatedly, no other writer took up the reigns.
    Much like how Dick Grayson isn't allowed to be both a Titan and a Bat characters, Donna herself is seen more as a Titan character than a WW character. Unfortunately in her case, her Titan side often gets preferential treatment over her WW connections.

During the Heinberg and Simone runs, even though Donna guest starred in the WW title, I definitely felt that there was a push from behind the scenes to have Diana interact more with their Steve Trevor stand in and Etta Candy than develop her relationship with the WG's whose development were happening in Teen Titans, Titans and in Donna's case in Robinson's JL. Simone gave us some moments between Donna and Diana but imo, they were few and far in between and I recall her saying at the time that she had to fight to get Donna and Cassie into the book.

Donna has huge potential as a solo star. She is a photographer, she is connected to the Titans of Myth, she has connection to characters all over the DCU and she has gone through a fair bit of tragedy in life. To me she is the most human of the WW characters. I'm all in favor of either folding the Titans into the WW world (since Donna canonically named the team) or have Donna join the JLD. I think most of the NTT need to be put in different places, different status quos, build them back up and then cross over them over again.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I will say I like how Donna interacted with Nemesis when she showed up in Simone's run.