Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, I liked the Titan Seed version of Donna best myself. But it's really hard to rectify with the other versions.
    Not really. Just have Donna given to Hippolyta by one of the Titans of Myth and raised as Diana's younger sister, then have her trained as a pre-teen on New Cronus before being sent back to Themyscira, and have the memories removed as normal. Voila.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Not really. Just have Donna given to Hippolyta by one of the Titans of Myth and raised as Diana's younger sister, then have her trained as a pre-teen on New Cronus before being sent back to Themyscira, and have the memories removed as normal. Voila.
    There arevseveral similar scenarios that can work imo...

- having Rhea rescue Donna as an infant, training on New Cronus, and since time could move differently there, bring Donna to Hippolyta while Donna was still an infant, giving her a full childhood on the Island.

-or, Rhea resues Donna as an infant, and just blesses her with her powers and knowledge with a kiss on the forehead, with said powers to be unlocked and honed whike groing up with the Amazons ( no time for the trainingnon New Cronus)

-or, Rhea senses the infant Donna has a special destiny, and blesses her with a kiss ( imbuing her with powers) , knowing Diana will soon rescue the infant from the fire and bring her to Paradise Island.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    There arevseveral similar scenarios that can work imo...

- having Rhea rescue Donna as an infant, training on New Cronus, and since time could move differently there, bring Donna to Hippolyta while Donna was still an infant, giving her a full childhood on the Island.

-or, Rhea resues Donna as an infant, and just blesses her with her powers and knowledge with a kiss on the forehead, with said powers to be unlocked and honed whike groing up with the Amazons ( no time for the trainingnon New Cronus)

-or, Rhea senses the infant Donna has a special destiny, and blesses her with a kiss ( imbuing her with powers) , knowing Diana will soon rescue the infant from the fire and bring her to Paradise Island.
    A wrinkle I feel would be good to add is that Donna survived because of Rhea's blessing. Diana realizes this and the realization that Donna isn't just a normal Human is why Diana takes her to Themiscyra instead of the closest orphanage.

However... this composite origin doesn't allow for Donna to have ever been "Wonder-tot"... or the... most recent version.

Extraordinary Member

Donna Troy in wonderwoman sequel rumor

I’d really like to see a Donna Troy title happen that focuses on her career as a photographer, artist and adventurer.

I think there’s room for exploration of Donna’s character, lots of themes and some development of villains all her own. I’d bring back the Jimenez version of Angle Man, a one-off villain named Perfection and play around with Shimmer and Mammoth, to name a few.

I'm generally against Donna being born special. Diana and Cassie are already special. If it's impossible for Diana to be the one to have rescued her from the burning building, I'm fine with it being one of the other Amazons; either Nubia, Hippolyta, Phillipus or Euboea.

I don't mind if she met the Titans of Myth later down the line and maybe even trained/blessed by them but I think it's important for her to be as ordinary as possible in the beginning.

Donna's defining characteristic is her need to be perfect combined with her desire to be a mother/protector of her teammates.

If we get a Donna solo I would love to see her do normal stuff that we likely wouldn't get with other WW characters; like her aforementioned photography skills in between the normal superhero stuff.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Donna Troy in wonderwoman sequel rumor
    Yay! I like this rumor, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm generally against Donna being born special. Diana and Cassie are already special. If it's impossible for Diana to be the one to have rescued her from the burning building, I'm fine with it being one of the other Amazons; either Nubia, Hippolyta, Phillipus or Euboea.

I don't mind if she met the Titans of Myth later down the line and maybe even trained/blessed by them but I think it's important for her to be as ordinary as possible in the beginning.

Donna's defining characteristic is her need to be perfect combined with her desire to be a mother/protector of her teammates.

If we get a Donna solo I would love to see her do normal stuff that we likely wouldn't get with other WW characters; like her aforementioned photography skills in between the normal superhero stuff.
    I agree 100%. My preference is Donna’s original origin of being saved by Diana and raised on Themyscira as an adopted daughter of Hippolyta and sister to Diana and a sister Amazon to the populace.

I love the idea that Donna starts out as a normal human; lives, learns, and trains in Amazon culture; and eventually gets her Wonder powers. (One of the more complete things in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee is Donna’s origin.) I think the Titans could be brought into the Wonder world other ways.

Donna could be one of the more grounded Wonder.characters operating in Man’s World. I really would like a title about her that’s similar to the current Nightwing title. Dick is working to save Bludhaven thanks to an inheritance from Alfred, some twists and turns as he operates as Nightwing, the buildup of his relationship with Barbara, etc. He’s got a fully rounded life and it’s interesting to read about all the layers.

Donna could be the same… her photography career (maybe some fashion shoots to pay the bills, but could also be taking photos of “crises” for journalistic purposes, etc.), working on her own fine art as a photographer, meet her friends and colleagues, find out where she goes out on a Saturday night for fun, and mix in all the drama of superheroics.

It’d be great to read and experience the nuance to Donna’s character - it’s something we haven’t gotten in a while.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-29-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yay! I like this rumor, lol.
    Me too! Can't wait to have my heart broken when this is revealed to be fake.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Unless they come up with yet another new origin for her I don't really see how she can be in the movie (at least not as Wonder Girl).

IMO, she should have been in the second movie. Diana roaming around the world for half a century meant that she could have rescued and adopted Donna at some point.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Since the second Wonder Woman movie was set in 1984, they could just make Donna Diana's daughter. 1984 is 38 years ago, so if the third movie is set in the present day, enough time has definitely passed for that to be possible.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Me too! Can't wait to have my heart broken when this is revealed to be fake.
    LOL. Yes, or the mess a movie could make of poor Donna. Just look at what the comics did for her origin.

But, I hope we do get to see Donna, even if only an ending cameo, like Lynda gave us.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Unless they come up with yet another new origin for her I don't really see how she can be in the movie (at least not as Wonder Girl).
    Flashbacks wonderwoman ages slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Flashbacks wonderwoman ages slowly
    The problem is that DCEU Wonder Woman doesn't know where Themiskyra is, so she can't take Donna there.