Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think it'd be better for Cassie tbh than even Donna.

I had similar thoughts about Diana's Bombshell costume. I thought with a few tweaks it would make a good Wonder Girl costume as well:

Link

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Some Donna Troy chatter over in the DC Forum...
    Should Donna Troy have her own series?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-21-2022 at 12:05 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Young Diana stuff is fine - but should probably just be released as OGNs due to the tonal clash with the main Wonder Woman storyline.

And that's true about Donna. With her accidentally being created in Teen Titans because the writer thought Wonder Girl was Diana's Robin instead of her version of Superboy (i.e. her younger self), she simply didn't appear much, if at all, in Wonder Woman stories in the silver age. We were told she was Diana's sidekick, but that was never shown.

For Cassie though, would that backstory really have changed much from the 90s? I think it's safe to say the pre-Flashpoint stuff is back in play, and her New 52 backstory has been overwritten.
    Regarding the Cassie stuff, that’s not 100% true, they established in Wonder Girl that Cassie and Artemis had never met each other before, which is bizarre when a lot of other pre-FP elements have been reinstated.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Im probably in the minority here, while I think the Odyssey costume wasn't great as a Wonder Woman costume, I think it would fit Donna perfectly. Drop the headpiece and the W on the chest and it would make a great Donna Troy...just my thinking anyway.

Attachment 124800
    I don’t think the bands would fit, but I like the idea of Donna wearing something with a red top and black pants.
    Her current look is way too dull, especially with the armor which makes bad writers see her as a generic warrior woman.

To me Donna should look like how a real woman would if they were inspired by Wonder Woman. So a more modern, practical and up to date reimagining of WW’s iconic elements.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don’t think the bands would fit, but I like the idea of Donna wearing something with a red top and black pants.
    Her current look is way too dull, especially with the armor which makes bad writers see her as a generic warrior woman.

To me Donna should look like how a real woman would if they were inspired by Wonder Woman. So a more modern, practical and up to date reimagining of WW’s iconic elements.
    I kinda think that's what her current look is ( minis horrible shoulder pads and sword/shield), but honestly I might warm things up but going back to gold vs the silver, and adding some red

The silver and black was gorgeous when it was a star field, but the generic leather thing needs some pizazz...

Her current suit doesn't bother me, but I get why people say it's boring. If they could add some of the starry elements from her previous suit I think there's potential.

Any red, to me, would feel like a step back, plus I think it works better for Cassie and Diana. Donna should stick out a bit unless we got with the Wonder Fam keeping some form of red in their suits but Nubia (and Hippolyta) don't currently.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Her current suit is OK, but I wish they got rid of the sword and shield. Either stick to the lasso or give her a unique weapon.

I think her current look is much better with the armor bits taken out and the no sword + shield. Like in that one Dark Crisis page.

She peaked with the star field Jimenez costume.

Everything before & after is a downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I can't argue with that.

When the stars would be reflected in her hair added a lot to it. The design just really draws you in, I think that should be the baseline for Donna's suits post-WG.
    dcspecialoct05.jpg
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    When the stars would be reflected in her hair added a lot to it. The design just really draws you in, I think that should be the baseline for Donna's suits post-WG.
    dcspecialoct05.jpg
    Truth and truth. DC needs to get with it and give her this look back for sure.

I like the current look but I agree with you guys about the Phil Jimenez redesign.

I also think it would be cool if she had a powerful Cloak with special powers (like Diana has her lasso of Truth) and she could use it in combat or to enter the astral plane and she would sometimes where is over her head like this

And I've settled on the moniker Donna Troy - the DreamWeaver
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-22-2022 at 03:29 PM.