Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

I love Donna but it annoys me that Superwoman is given a Lois Lane-ish origin and now is a Donna Troy reflection. It’s weird they always bypass Diana. (Although I guess Flashpoint WW is the closest Diana as Superwoman analogy.)

I don’t hate the Titan’s Seed origin, but I long for her original origin to be reinstated. Even in flashback, I’d love to learn about Donna’s relationship with the Amazons, Hippolyta and Diana, as well as meeting the Teen Titans and members of the Justice League. I returned her to/revamped this origin in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee and would to see it happen in continuity too.

Regardless, something needs to happen to return Donna to her original personality and give her some kind of life outside being a Wonder and a Titan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I love Donna but it annoys me that Superwoman is given a Lois Lane-ish origin and now is a Donna Troy reflection. It’s weird they always bypass Diana. (Although I guess Flashpoint WW is the closest Diana as Superwoman analogy.)

I don’t hate the Titan’s Seed origin, but I long for her original origin to be reinstated. Even in flashback, I’d love to learn about Donna’s relationship with the Amazons, Hippolyta and Diana, as well as meeting the Teen Titans and members of the Justice League. I returned her to/revamped this origin in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee and would to see it happen in continuity too.

Regardless, something needs to happen to return Donna to her original personality and give her some kind of life outside being a Wonder and a Titan.
    Her origin is very inverted Amazon. She took Diana's spot, left Demons Island to conquer mans world.

That’s a bit my point though. She took her spot instead of it being Diana. Even in the animated Crisis on Two Earths they replaced her with a Mary Marvel analogue.

There’s been a good amount of writing around a Diana-centric take on Superwoman.

Anyway, I’m getting off track when this is all about Donna - one of my fave characters!

Superwoman just seems to be one of those characters that are a blank slate with different writers filling in with their own takes.

Since the character is called 'Superwoman' in the first place I can see the logic in tying her to Superman. I don't think an evil counterpart of Wonder Woman should even be called 'Superwoman' anyway.

So far I like all the iterations of Superwoman but I agree that we need a real evil counter part for WW that's based on her mythology and not some other characters. I remember suggesting a while back the idea of just going with the straight forward take of Ares being the Amazons patron, Hippolyta his daughter and Diana as his champion.

Maybe call her Arisia (based on the character from JLU) and give her blonde hair.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Now that is just an AMAZING costume. A++. How has that not been realized yet by DC? Pay them for that and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I like it, but I prefer the red bodysuit.

I love the red jumpsuit too. I also like the black version with the white stars sort of mimicking the red jumpsuit look, without the crazy, bulky silver shoulder pads and star pasties, of course. like the way Travis Moore drew it.

CBR's article about Donna Troy

https://www.cbr.com/donna-troy-deser...nder-woman-dc/
    Last edited by donnafan; 04-21-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    I love the red jumpsuit too. I also like the black version with the white stars sort of mimicking the red jumpsuit look, without the crazy, bulky silver shoulder pads and star pasties, of course. like the way Travis Moore drew it.

Good article, Pretty much sums up everything with Donna at the moment. I can only hope they continue to use her. She's had a decent showing in the Trial of the Amazons so far but a little off character for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like it, but I prefer the red bodysuit.
    I think this more or less takes place of her child/tween costume. But hey....Cassie needs a new costume..

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think this more or less takes place of her child/tween costume. But hey....Cassie needs a new costume..
    I like the non-body suit looks Cassie has.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Superwoman just seems to be one of those characters that are a blank slate with different writers filling in with their own takes.

Since the character is called 'Superwoman' in the first place I can see the logic in tying her to Superman. I don't think an evil counterpart of Wonder Woman should even be called 'Superwoman' anyway.

So far I like all the iterations of Superwoman but I agree that we need a real evil counter part for WW that's based on her mythology and not some other characters. I remember suggesting a while back the idea of just going with the straight forward take of Ares being the Amazons patron, Hippolyta his daughter and Diana as his champion.

Maybe call her Arisia (based on the character from JLU) and give her blonde hair.
    I don’t mind the name. It’s not like anyone confuses connecting Ultraman with Superman’s origin in someway.

The version I’m working on is squarely focused on an analogue of Diana. I like your idea of Ares and Arisia.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post

Yeah, the more they distance her from her NTT personality and character traits, the more discordant she becomes. Go back to that personality, connect her more strongly to Diana in her origin and let her personality drive her character, not her origin.

Now that you mention it, even in Crisis on Two Earths Diana's Earth-3 counterpart was an entirely different character. Superwoman was Earth-3 Mary Marvel.

I don’t mind the name. It’s not like anyone confuses connecting Ultraman with Superman’s origin in someway.

The version I’m working on is squarely focused on an analogue of Diana. I like your idea of Ares and Arisia.
    Yes, I agree with you. I don't mind and never did mind Superwoman name. I also remember reading something from DC that stated when they were first introduced, they wanted a name for Ultraman indicating he was more powerful than Superman and at that time, Superman was more powerful (at least shown in books) than WW, so Superwoman was the perfect name they came up with, just as Power Ring had none of the other GLs weaknesses.

I never got why they went with a Mary Marvel Superwoman. I also did not understand the Diana analog nor the Donna Troy one in that movie. Wasn't one in a white toga and had wings? Wouldn't that be the evil version of Hawkwoman?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!