Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

In general I'm ready for Donna to get a new costume.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Her Titans outfit would make for a good adaptation. just put a chestplate where that cutout W is and we're in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Even though I love her current costume and love black in general (my go to colors)...I find myself wishing they put her back in red. Donna could use some cheering up and being on the brighter side of things again.
    I'm just glad all the stupid shoulder armor and bicep bands are gone here... Let's hope it stays that way.

Her Titans outfit would make for a good adaptation. just put a chestplate where that cutout W is and we're in business.

Apart from the stupid hip lasso, this is pretty good. I'd be ok without the weird neckline, but it doesn't need a breastplate ( especially if it's a take on the WW emblem,)

Yeah, the thigh lasso is odd and out of place.

Donna is one of those characters whom I wouldn't mind if she wore street clothes more often. One of the most interesting things about her is that she doesn't have a secret identity. She is Donna 100% of the time.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What's she so sad about?
    Mum's dead
    Sis dead
    House blew up
    Country's in a recession
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, the thigh lasso is odd and out of place.

Donna is one of those characters whom I wouldn't mind if she wore street clothes more often. One of the most interesting things about her is that she doesn't have a secret identity. She is Donna 100% of the time.
    Yeah, Cassie and Yara are the only Wonders to even attempt secret identities, Diana and Donna both gave up any pretense many years ago, and the other Amazons never had secret identities.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don’t hate it either. Anyway, she needs to return to the red jumpsuit or the black star field jumpsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Cassie and Yara are the only Wonders to even attempt secret identities, Diana and Donna both gave up any pretense many years ago, and the other Amazons never had secret identities.
    Cassie and Yara are different flavors of ordinary person granted extraordinary powers and discovering the world of fantasy.

Donna already grew up in Paradise Island and had an extraordinary childhood (going by her original origin) and now she is just trying to get her feet back on the ground. Trying to enjoy doing something mundane and grounded in between super heroics.

Nice article from Screen Rant about Donna Troy. In it, the author called Donna a "living conduit for the Multiverse itself, making all of her origin stories simultaneously canonical." Basing this assumption on the Return of Donna Troy story written by WW writer/artist extraordinaire, Phil Jimenez.

This description does a nice job of cutting through all of the confusing layers of Donna's origin by simply saying: they all exist. The author also points out that being a conduit makes her a unique character to the DCEU and opens up storytelling possibilities.

I did recently talk to Phil about Donna Troy who said he'd love to revisit the character but, hinted that she is one of several characters "tied up" by editorial. My hope is that DC leadership/editorial will eventually see the benefit and fandom of this unique character and give talent the opportunity to allow her to shine. Below is the link to the article I mentioned above:

https://screenrant.com/flash-ezra-mi...y-wonder-girl/

I do like the idea that Donna's origins all exist, taking in the multiple versions of her across various Earths. It's a great way to handle her convoluted history and give her that unique kick she needs.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I do like the idea that Donna's origins all exist, taking in the multiple versions of her across various Earths. It's a great way to handle her convoluted history and give her that unique kick she needs.
    Or just let the Multiverse be the Multiverse, and all Donnas exist, each on their own Earth... ��

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Nice article from Screen Rant about Donna Troy. In it, the author called Donna a "living conduit for the Multiverse itself, making all of her origin stories simultaneously canonical." Basing this assumption on the Return of Donna Troy story written by WW writer/artist extraordinaire, Phil Jimenez.

This description does a nice job of cutting through all of the confusing layers of Donna's origin by simply saying: they all exist. The author also points out that being a conduit makes her a unique character to the DCEU and opens up storytelling possibilities.

I did recently talk to Phil about Donna Troy who said he'd love to revisit the character but, hinted that she is one of several characters "tied up" by editorial. My hope is that DC leadership/editorial will eventually see the benefit and fandom of this unique character and give talent the opportunity to allow her to shine. Below is the link to the article I mentioned above:

https://screenrant.com/flash-ezra-mi...y-wonder-girl/
    Given DC's issues with continuity, this idea is hardly unique to Donna. Waid had Diana do the "all my history" happened thing in his Batman/Superman book.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-14-2022 at 12:39 AM.

Yeah, it's basically the writing equivalent of a band aid to account for her multiple origin stories.

I would liken Donna Troy to being like a funnel of the Multiverse. The memories from alternate universe versions of her flows into Donna and it also affects the memories of the people around her. Thus Diana sometimes remembers Donna as an adopted sister, sometimes as a weapon created to attack Themyscira and other times as a mirror twin of Diana herself because there are universe's where it is true. Donna is aware and can sort through these memories, but others are not always aware. That's how I would handle it. I would liken it to people who suffer from various mental illnesses.

Once that's established I would work towards establishing Donna's actual origin. We know Amazons aside from Diana has visited Man's World, so this time I would have either Nubia or Hippolyta or in a surprise twist, Antiope be the one to rescue her from the burning building.

Once that's established I would work towards establishing Donna's actual origin. We know Amazons aside from Diana has visited Man's World, so this time I would have either Nubia or Hippolyta or in a surprise twist, Antiope be the one to rescue her from the burning building.
    Great, let’s add yet another origin……just what Donna needs
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”