Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Yeah, that was a missed opportunity. E-3 Superwoman is usually Lois Lane, but that latest version was indeed Donna. But nothing came of it in the crossover. I don't think our Donna even learned about her doppelganger.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that was a missed opportunity. E-3 Superwoman is usually Lois Lane, but that latest version was indeed Donna. But nothing came of it in the crossover. I don't think our Donna even learned about her doppelganger.
    Yeah, it would have been great to see some interaction between them. Learn some new info maybe.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I hope Donna gets a back up or mini series soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, she's better left forgotten

Isn't Superwoman an evil version of Donna now? She can be her villain.
    There are no bad villains, only bad writers. :P

Although between the new Superwoman and Dark Angel (who was later retconned to be an alternate version of Donna) it looks like Donna's worst villains is herself. :P

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope Donna gets a back up or mini series soon.

There are no bad villains, only bad writers. :P

Although between the new Superwoman and Dark Angel (who was later retconned to be an alternate version of Donna) it looks like Donna's worst villains is herself. :P
    I think there may be a small bit of hope that Donna gets a one-shot, much in the vein of Artemis, Hippolyta, and Yara after TotA and Nubia with her mini. The only one's left are Cassie and Donna, and Cassie's at least appearing in DC: YJ. Donna could use a one-shot or mini to just clear up....freaking everything haha.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She's been through hell and back truly.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

That's what I like about Donna. Most of her struggles are very human and she's ultimately a very tragic character.

Amazing disco Donna by Des Taylor

That's what I like about Donna. Most of her struggles are very human and she's ultimately a very tragic character.
    Yeah, despite all her power, she's very human. If only modern writers would remember that. At least pre-Flashpoint and even pre-Crisis stuff is back in play now, thus overwriting the awful New 52 backstory.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In many ways, I feel Donna Troy as the Jean Grey of the DC Universe.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, despite all her power, she's very human. If only modern writers would remember that. At least pre-Flashpoint and even pre-Crisis stuff is back in play now, thus overwriting the awful New 52 backstory.
    I think this became more so over time actually. Especially the Troia version where she was living as a Human most of her life. That version actually had a family... in the traditional sense. Past tense because tragedy, but... yeah.

Dick finding her birth family was a very touching moment we just wouldn't get with Donna now.

I feel like with all these reboots and multiverse shifts she's a bit of a clean slate origin-wise.

The baby in the fire origin was just simple.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In many ways, I feel Donna Troy as the Jean Grey of the DC Universe.
    Without all the important storylines, unfortunately.

Yeah, at least Jeans stories are canon and she has had semi descent adaptations in other media. Donna is cursed both in universe and outside of it.

I think Dark Angel can be redeemed as a villain for Donna, if we go back to the evil entity possessing people as part of her schtick.

As far as Superwoman, they need to stop making her anything other than a doppelgänger of Diana in her own right. No Lois Lane or Donna Troy or Mary Marvel (although that was clever) versions. Stop writing around Diana and her mythos.

I want a lot for Donna Troy, but not by replacing Diana.