Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

This might be Donna's first appearance outside of a Titans story. Donna debuted in Brave and the Bold #60, which was the second Teen Titans story (issue 54 was the first, though they weren't called that yet). This page is from issue 63, a Supergirl/Wonder Woman crossover.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-wonder...me-socialites/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This might be Donna's first appearance outside of a Titans story. Donna debuted in Brave and the Bold #60, which was the second Teen Titans story (issue 54 was the first, though they weren't called that yet). This page is from issue 63, a Supergirl/Wonder Woman crossover.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-wonder...me-socialites/
    This looks so good---I want to see what happens next!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

way harsh Hippolyta

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    What does being a princess of Themiscyra even mean? Next in line for Hippolyta's throne... if she ever vacates it?
    They looked at royalty like the old ways so special treatment, and yes next in line. They had a whole storyarc where they abolish it and Diana no longer wears her tiara as WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They looked at royalty like the old ways so special treatment, and yes next in line. They had a whole storyarc where they abolish it and Diana no longer wears her tiara as WW.
    Ah, yes, the old school traditional queen approach. Hippolyta is the Queen of the Amazons from the old myths, so that makes sense I guess.

Teh real question is about what role that has in the current comic book universe though.

Ah, yes, the old school traditional queen approach. Hippolyta is the Queen of the Amazons from the old myths, so that makes sense I guess.

Teh real question is about what role that has in the current comic book universe though.
    Diana would become Queen in the comic book universe. I believe she's Queen by 2005 when Hippolyta is gone yet again.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 10-01-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Though note that recently, it was Nubia who took over as Queen - it's more like a President nowadays - she didn't get the role just because she's Diana's sister, she won a competition where the Amazons thought they were competing to take over as Wonder Woman, but the prize was instead the throne as Hippolyta went off to join the Justice League. If it was still hereditary, then it would probably be Donna (as Hippolyta has ascended to the Gods and Diana is currently believed dead). Thrones pass to your children before your siblings, so Nubia would've only been next in line after Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This looks so good---I want to see what happens next!
    There's a few more pages in the article I linked to - they just don't include Wonder Girl so I didn't post them here! If you want to read the full thing, I don't suppose it's on DC Universe Infinite?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-02-2022 at 12:15 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Donna isn't a princess in the current run. We don't even know what her exact relationship is.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

So what are the options for Donna's origins?

1-Saved by Wonder Woman from a fire, brought to Paradise Island
    2-Saved by Rhea, brought to New Chronos
    3-Magically created mirror twin brought to life by Magala so Diana could have a playmate
    4-Clay form given life by Amazonian magic to kill Diana and the Amazons

Each one was boiled down to it's main thought, but did I leave one out?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though note that recently, it was Nubia who took over as Queen - it's more like a President nowadays - she didn't get the role just because she's Diana's sister, she won a competition where the Amazons thought they were competing to take over as Wonder Woman, but the prize was instead the throne as Hippolyta went off to join the Justice League. If it was still hereditary, then it would probably be Donna (as Hippolyta has ascended to the Gods and Diana is currently believed dead). Thrones pass to your children before your siblings, so Nubia would've only been next in line after Donna.

There's a few more pages in the article I linked to - they just don't include Wonder Girl so I didn't post them here! If you want to read the full thing, I don't suppose it's on DC Universe Infinite?
    Thanks. I will take a look at the link you provided.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

3-Magically created mirror twin brought to life by Magala so Diana could have a playmate

I think there's also a version that's actually just Diana as a teen? Or was that the version of Wonder-girl that technically wasn't Donna?

-It doesn't make much sense for Themyscira to have an old fashioned monarchy anyway. Their queen is immortal and they selected their ambasaddor to Man's World via a contest.

-It's interesting that Donna has twice now sided against Themyscira in a domestic dispute between Themyscira and another tribe.

-The best Donna origin is still her original one; the one where she is rescued from a fire by Diana.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I think there's also a version that's actually just Diana as a teen? Or was that the version of Wonder-girl that technically wasn't Donna?
    Yeah, that's Wonder Girl's original origin, a teenage Diana who appeared in "imaginary stories". Nowadays they'd probably describe her as time displaced, think All-New X-Men with the teenage original five. The Teen Titans writer thought she was a Robin-type rather than the Superboy-type she actually was, and thus created Donna unintentionally. The fire origin came along when they came up with a backstory for Donna later on.

SAVE DONNA TROY - go back to her original origin, please.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -It doesn't make much sense for Themyscira to have an old fashioned monarchy anyway. Their queen is immortal and they selected their ambasaddor to Man's World via a contest.
    If her 1-2 sisters stayed on the Island they would likely be next in line and even taking them out of the equation, it was probably something they decided on once Diana was "birthed".

She may be immortal but as we've seen countless times, they still can die in battle so they just ready should it ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

I don't mind a slight melding of the original story with Titans of Myth, but simplified. Like Rhea planted the seed of Donna's powers in her, knowing Diana was about to rescue her....etc. but all thst " raised on New Cronus, etc" i dont need...