Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    He showed up earlier than Gail's run, but I like when writers continue with element of previous writers (unlike John Bryne who discarded Perez's supporting cast and replaced them with obvious copies). But reading these panels confirms why I dropped Gail's run. She was kind fresh on Birds of Prey, but her dialogue here is just overworked. Cringeworthy, really.
    Dont always blame the writers. Wonder Woman had a history of editors demanding that nothing be used from the previous run. Gail write about it a good bit, she had wanted to pick up quite a few things from Rucka's run but was told no from the editors. Likewise, she has written about how heavily handed the editorial hand was on her run.

By Artgem

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    By Artgem

Gorgeous .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Conrad is speaking my language! Makes me hope they're in it for the long haul long enough to do a good Donna story.

As I always said, we need more wonderbooks.
    We can't pretend that a single monthly series covers everything we need to see from the wonderfamily.
    This year we had a couple of one shots for Artemis, Hippolyta, Yara, with appearances from Cassie and Donna, plus the Nubia miniseries, but of course that's not enough.
    We have to have an ongoing about the Wonderfamily.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We can't pretend that a single monthly series covers everything we need to see from the wonderfamily.
    This year we had a couple of one shots for Artemis, Hippolyta, Yara, with appearances from Cassie and Donna, plus the Nubia miniseries, but of course that's not enough.
    While I agree, it also doesnt help when they are largely ignored in the one book and big event

Not to mention the lackluster quality of some of those one shots
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gorgeous .

Conrad is speaking my language! Makes me hope they're in it for the long haul long enough to do a good Donna story.
    They would neec to do a good WW story first. Their work has been su par for e, and Donna troy needs even more quality writing than WW to save her messy trackrecord.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    While I agree, it also doesnt help when they are largely ignored in the one book and big event
    She wasn't ignored in ToTA, just poorly characterized. It would have been better if she wasn't at the event, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    They would neec to do a good WW story first. Their work has been su par for e, and Donna troy needs even more quality writing than WW to save her messy trackrecord.
    I've been enjoying it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

She wasn't ignored in ToTA, just poorly characterized. It would have been better if she wasn't at the event, LOL.
    She was ignored. She was in it but take her out and nothing would change. They did zero to add to her motivation, rarely interacted with the actual Wonderfam (as they were rarely all together)

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    By Artgem

LOVE this Donna look! with her magic lasso, too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont understand the "she requires more pages than we've been able to afford" is that in reference to straightening her history out or personality or general characterization? She can work just as well as anyone else would in a story that didn't need to delve into her backstory and straighten out that mess (immediately.) I would think ( and it's just me so I could well be wrong) that she just needs to be written in.
    I do wish at the least, they would pause the Young Diana stories and do some focusing on the other members of the family. Give Donna short arc, let Cassie have a few adventures and maybe tell us who her dad is, what about some of the unknown history of Nubia? There's SO much that can be done. I mean Action Comics did a back-up with the Martian Manhunter for flip's sake, we should be able to at least get some Wonder Fam stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She was ignored. She was in it but take her out and nothing would change. They did zero to add to her motivation, rarely interacted with the actual Wonderfam (as they were rarely all together)
    I remember her being so insulted and aggressive when Diana wanted to use the Lasso on everybody.

How many times he will say that he has plans for Donna and never actually do something with her?

I remember one of the writers for the Trials saying that Donna fans would be happy with her in the crossover just for her an afterthought in the story.

At this point, just don't say anything with you do intend to fulfill your promises.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.