Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    They ahve since restored her New Teen Titans backstory. She was saved from the burning building by Diana.
    Correct - her original origin of being saved from a burning building is now in canon per the Artemis: Wanted one-shot.

Regarding Donna's original origin story: The iconic 1984's New Teen Titans #38 "Who is Donna Troy" by George Perez and Marv Wolfman is such a great read. It reads more like a mystery with Dick/Robin finding clues to uncover Donna's mysterious past.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Correct - her original origin of being saved from a burning building is now in canon per the Artemis: Wanted one-shot.

Regarding Donna's original origin story: The iconic 1984's New Teen Titans #38 "Who is Donna Troy" by George Perez and Marv Wolfman is such a great read. It reads more like a mystery with Dick/Robin finding clues to uncover Donna's mysterious past.
    Does it really matter what the origin is since DC now has the mantra that Everything is canon?

It makes little sense to argue over origins when DC doesn't really give a damn about them. If a new writer wants something else, all is good with the everything is canon argument!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Does it really matter what the origin is since DC now has the mantra that Everything is canon?

It makes little sense to argue over origins when DC doesn't really give a damn about them. If a new writer wants something else, all is good with the everything is canon argument!
    HA! This is true. Seems to vary at the whim of the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So she's still a mystical clone.
    How would that make her "Diana's mystical clone"? The bs 52 stuff of magic and Hippolyta as a statue, gone. Magala mirror twim Byrne nonsense...gone.

And as others have said, the NTT stuff seems to be restored. But even without that, not a clone.

Incredible Member

Not to change the subject, but where in the hell is Donna in Season 4 of Titans!?!?! Why get someone who looks so much like her and then not use her??? The one opportunity we get for Donna to be included with the rest of the NTT in outside media, and they don't even include her in the latest season? Le sigh...

As soon as Donna is back to her NTT personality, I want to see her and Kyle Rayner connect again. I always thought their romance had potential and I like that they were two artists that connected with each other.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    As soon as Donna is back to her NTT personality, I want to see her and Kyle Rayner connect again. I always thought their romance had potential and I like that they were two artists that connected with each other.
    As someone who was introduced to her character through Green Lantern I have to say no. I don't want them to rekindle their connection at all. Kyle is my favourite GL but he's more forgotten than Donna. Please don't put them together again unless it's in a brand-new book that one of them leads.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    How would that make her "Diana's mystical clone"? The bs 52 stuff of magic and Hippolyta as a statue, gone. Magala mirror twim Byrne nonsense...gone.

And as others have said, the NTT stuff seems to be restored. But even without that, not a clone.
    You didn't make that clear in your response.

Where was that stated?
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Rebirth made her a weapon created to destroy the Amazons, but Diana and the Amazons interfered and implanted memories of her having grown up on the island as Diana's sister...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Not to change the subject, but where in the hell is Donna in Season 4 of Titans!?!?! Why get someone who looks so much like her and then not use her??? The one opportunity we get for Donna to be included with the rest of the NTT in outside media, and they don't even include her in the latest season? Le sigh...
    For real!! I was so excited about the series and LOVED the inclusion of Donna as well as the casting. They did a great job with her character (for the most part...the death scene was STUPID) and then to bring her back....just to ignore her. Sad. I know she's "off with ARGUS" but they most certainly could have written her back into the show.
    I realize they are not doubling down on power sets since Conner is the muscle of the show, but Donna is so much more than muscle.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    For real!! I was so excited about the series and LOVED the inclusion of Donna as well as the casting. They did a great job with her character (for the most part...the death scene was STUPID) and then to bring her back....just to ignore her. Sad. I know she's "off with ARGUS" but they most certainly could have written her back into the show.
    I realize they are not doubling down on power sets since Conner is the muscle of the show, but Donna is so much more than muscle.
    The show is horrible, but Wonder Girl was the best part of it, and they aren't using her in season 4? I was waiting to binge when they finished the season, but now I am not so sure.

You realize that you are giving the writers/producers an 'out' by saying that you realize that Conner, and not her, is the muscle. If we keep thinking about the Wonder Family as 'second status' to these other characters, it is no wonder that they tend to get treated so poorly like dying from electricity!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Muscle doesn't even matter in this show. It all comes down to nightwing saving the day.

They brought back Donna after backlash and sent her off again. They get to say "we had Wonder Girl and Themiscryia. We were inclusive "

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Muscle doesn't even matter in this show. It all comes down to nightwing saving the day.

They brought back Donna after backlash and sent her off again. They get to say "we had Wonder Girl and Themiscryia. We were inclusive "
    Yeah. And it sucks bc Conor Leslie was amazing as Donna!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member

Donna, Hawk & Dove were my favorite parts of this series. If they aren't in season 4, I have no reason to watch (when it eventually airs on TNT).

by Denise Zhang

by Denise Zhang
    Donna and Kory going to the Hellfire Gala??
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!