Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I got around to reading the first of the Trial of the Amazons today. Donna was in it but with no lines. I know she was in the recent Wonder Girl series with the Amazons in the rainforest but can anyone tell me why both her and Cassie were sitting with them instead of with the other Amazons?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I got around to reading the first of the Trial of the Amazons today. Donna was in it but with no lines. I know she was in the recent Wonder Girl series with the Amazons in the rainforest but can anyone tell me why both her and Cassie were sitting with them instead of with the other Amazons?
    It's a mystery.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

There's been absolutely zero explanation as to why Donna was even with the Esquecida. Cassie showed up because Hippolyta wanted her to check on Yara (why...I have no idea) and when she found her in Brazil with the Esquecida, Yara goes "hey, I have a surprise for you" and pulls back a curtain to reveal Donna. I think that was pretty much it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    There's been absolutely zero explanation as to why Donna was even with the Esquecida. Cassie showed up because Hippolyta wanted her to check on Yara (why...I have no idea) and when she found her in Brazil with the Esquecida, Yara goes "hey, I have a surprise for you" and pulls back a curtain to reveal Donna. I think that was pretty much it.
    Well that's very annoying and then not even a hint of explanation in the book. Even Diana didn't really seem to pay it much attention.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Well that's very annoying and then not even a hint of explanation in the book. Even Diana didn't really seem to pay it much attention.
    I'm sure (or at least hope) Jones had an explanation that she never got to due to the book being cancelled so quickly. But I am overall severely disappointed in everyone's handling of Donna Troy. She's almost an afterthought it seems.

I almost prefer that Donna be an "afterthought" or just ignored entirely. At least then she may stand a chance of emerging from this event alive...

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I almost prefer that Donna be an "afterthought" or just ignored entirely. At least then she may stand a chance of emerging from this event alive...
    Donna won't die on this event. She is part of Dark Crisis that takes place in a near future of the DC Universe.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

Anybody watch the “Titans” series on HBOMax? There was a line in one of the last episodes of Season 3 where one of the Amazon leaders tells Donna that she “is the best of us.” Kinda wish she would get some of that same love and treatment in the comics.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    Anybody watch the “Titans” series on HBOMax? There was a line in one of the last episodes of Season 3 where one of the Amazon leaders tells Donna that she “is the best of us.” Kinda wish she would get some of that same love and treatment in the comics.
    Yes but that one line doesn't mean much when she's treated like nothing for 99% of the show.

Incredible Member

I can't watch Titans anymore.
    It is so ridiculous. Which for a DC person it takes quite a lot for me to say.
    I know that I'm not alone around here.
    The writing has been atrocious.
    Donna has been treated horribly by the show, but she is not alone.

Seriously... death by electrocution? Wouldn't comics Donna have survived that?

There was a WTF moment in Wonder Woman today... Donna becomes the Champion of Artemis's tribe. Artemis tried to volunteer only to be told they'd already asked Donna. Shouldn't Donna have been on Themyscira's side?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    If you think that’s odd, read the latest issue of Wonder Woman to see who she aligns with for this contest business for no apparent reason…

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    If you think that’s odd, read the latest issue of Wonder Woman to see who she aligns with for this contest business for no apparent reason…
    They really have no idea what to do with her. No motivations for her given or anything. So disappointing

They really have no idea what to do with her. No motivations for her given or anything. So disappointing
    I think she said she would fight for all of her sisters. She’s fighting for equality. Not to leave Themyscira for them. Just like Diana is fighting for them all.

Extraordinary Member

None of the covers have Donna on it, Artemis is shown as the representative for the nana tribe
    But I guess we will see