Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bluebird

Wonder if they’ll touch upon Bluebird being made to look bad when it looked like she was attacking Punchline unprovoked.

Glad to see Harper will still be involved .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Glad to see Harper will still be involved .
    Not looking forward to her constantly being outsmarted by Punchline. She is a technological marvel. The fact she hasn't caught punchline during any of these cocky monologues with any kind of technology is just bad writing and plot armor for Punchline by now.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Not looking forward to her constantly being outsmarted by Punchline. She is a technological marvel. The fact she hasn't caught punchline during any of these cocky monologues with any kind of technology is just bad writing and plot armor for Punchline by now.
    Remember when she blocked out Mad Hatter’s mind controlling nanodrones thing with tech brilliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Remember when she blocked out Mad Hatter’s mind controlling nanodrones thing with tech brilliance?
    To be perfectly fair though, Harper did design her suit to deal with nanotech. If anyone in the Batfamily (besides Batman) is best-suited to deal with what Punchline: The Gotham Game seems to be setting up, it would be Harper.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    To be perfectly fair though, Harper did design her suit to deal with nanotech. If anyone in the Batfamily (besides Batman) is best-suited to deal with what Punchline: The Gotham Game seems to be setting up, it would be Harper.
    She did get namedropped in Gotham Game #2 (and makes a small one-panel cameo).

That said, the fact that Nightwing specifically mentions Bluebird having encoutered Punchline once again raises my deal about how nobody in the Batfamily helped her out.

That said, the fact that Nightwing specifically mentions Bluebird having encoutered Punchline once again raises my deal about how nobody in the Batfamily helped her out.
    I wonder how editorial is going to handle a Nightwing-Bluebird interaction considering Dick was able to make the world forget his identity during Grayson? Would Harper address their team-up during Batman and Robin Eternal or will it be swept aside? There's a lot of story-telling potential there.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

The cover to February's issue of The Gotham Game is something that's been on my mind lately, especially with how it looks like Harper is attacking Nightwing alongside Punchline. It's making me think that PL turns the nanomite thingies she's been toying with against Bluebird and controls her or something like that.

Extraordinary Member

The cover to February's issue of The Gotham Game is something that's been on my mind lately, especially with how it looks like Harper is attacking Nightwing alongside Punchline. It's making me think that PL turns the nanomite thingies she's been toying with against Bluebird and controls her or something like that.
    Link to cover?

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Link to cover?
    9A1E22C1-906D-4AAA-A3A4-D7A98C0A15D5.jpg

I might just be overthinking it.

I definitely think that post-Punchline: The Gotham Game, Harper should finally get a miniseries of her own to star in. Certainly I don't think Punchline's story will resolve by the end of The Gotham Game, so it would be a good palette-cleanser for both the Row siblings and give Harper an opportunity to showcase her skills and talents.

Yeah she should. But they never portray her with that level of capability when dealing with Punchline, they always write Punchline to be 10 steps ahead of her and treat Harper as incapable in the face of her.
    So yes Harper SHOULD be the one that can go toe to toe wits end with Punchline, but they are writing Punchline as untouchable and other characters seem to lose all their sense and capability when dealing with her.

Bluebird

Yeah she should. But they never portray her with that level of capability when dealing with Punchline, they always write Punchline to be 10 steps ahead of her and treat Harper as incapable in the face of her.
    So yes Harper SHOULD be the one that can go toe to toe wits end with Punchline, but they are writing Punchline as untouchable and other characters seem to lose all their sense and capability when dealing with her.
    It’s gotten that bad that I think Harper’s appearance in this Punchline mini is gonna end with her being beaten again and potentially having the nanomite weapon being used on her.

It’s gotten that bad that I think Harper’s appearance in this Punchline mini is gonna end with her being beaten again and potentially having the nanomite weapon being used on her.
    Art from Gleb Melnikov's Twitter earlier this month does suggest Punchline does use her nanite weapon on one of the siblings.

With how the solicits for the final issue are written, I'm surprised they're having a Punchline and Joker confrontation this early, I figured editorial would've waited a while longer before having the two interact again. I'm wondering if they're intentionally writing Punchline better than she is so if Joker does win the confrontation between the two of them that the she goes out on a high note.

I still feel that the original Punchline series should've been it's own book, because just like with that series, The Gotham Game feels cramped, with it having so many new characters and threads being used I can't see it resolving cleanly by the 6th issue.

Bluebird

Art from Gleb Melnikov's Twitter earlier this month does suggest Punchline does use her nanite weapon on one of the siblings.
    Maybe it's Cullen who gets infected instead and it's Harper who saves him?