Extraordinary Member

Default No Way Home villains vs. Civil War teams

For this rumble we'll take the five villains from Spider-man: No Way Home and have them replace one of the teams during the air port brawl in Captain America: Civil War. So just to be clear on the rosters.

NWH villains: Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Lizard, Electro and Sandman

Team Cap: Captain America, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Ant-man

Team Iron man: Iron man, War Machine, Vision, Black Widow, Black Panther and Spider-man

The villains are as they were in the battle at the Statue of Liberty, and the heroes are as they were in the Civil War movie.

Match 1: The villains fight team Cap

Match 2: The villains fight team Iron man

Silly bonus match: The villains get Sony-Venom added to their team and the fight all 12 of the heroes.

How do the villains do here?

Against team cap: i dont see them having anything to stop sandman, to be honest this team cap is pretty weak, specially since this is normal wanda, electro probably fries a good chunk at the ring of the bel, then the rest just search and sweep for ant man.

Against team iron: hmm, they do alot better, electro can only boost the armorwearers. Vision may be too tanky to be put down. I think the suits also have some form of incendiary bombs for sandman. Nwh villains might take a few victories when things go wrong and it turns out that electro can harm vision, otherwise team iron wins

Spectacular Member

Wait, why can't Electro drain the armor wearers? It was kind of a plot point that arc reactors work great for Electro.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Wait, why can't Electro drain the armor wearers? It was kind of a plot point that arc reactors work great for Electro.
    he wasn't draining arc reactors though right? he could just them to increase his power, the armor suits got juiced up by thor's lightning (twice even i think, avengers 1 and end game)
    so i don't see how electro's electricity won't act the same way.

I would think Civil War-era arc reactors were functionally undrainable anyway (unlimited energy and all that). So yeah, either Iron Man and War Machine get powerups from Electro, or Electro gets powerups from the both of them. For all we know, both things could happen in some kind of weird feedback loop. But I don't see Electro draining the arc reactors.

Spectacular Member

Electro was able to use an arc reactor as a power source, yes. He might not be able to drain them dry, but as long either Iron Man or War Machine is on the field, he's got an unlimited power supply.

Whether Electro would be able to attack either of them without powering them up... Enh? Max Dillon had more of a technical education than Thor, and I don't recall Iron Man ever taking a prolonged pounding from electrical attacks. Tony got a powerup from Thor's lightning twice, once on accident and once on purpose, but he never got hit repeatedly, so I'm not sure how much stress it could take. The movie Iron Man suits are far from indestructible; a lot of them are wrecked by the end of a single movie.

I'm also not sure how well the suits can handle being power drained. The arc reactors probably won't run out, but that doesn't mean that Max is letting any of the current do want Tony wants.

Does MCU Tony have any feats for dealing with energy drainers or controllers?

yea, i did'nt think about that, it is likely he could just shutdown the suits and stop them from getting any juice from the arc reactors...

But i can also buy that not working, i can see both happening, hopefully we will get that fight in the mcu or whatif someday hehe. but doutbful..

as for Vision, i recall Black widow's electric stunners working on Black panther, so i guess vibranium does not negate electricity.