Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 151
  1. #1

    Default Nubia 'Queen of the Amazons' Appreciation Thread 2022

    Link to previous thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2021/page26

    Surprised this hasn't been made yet.

    All hail the new Queen of Themyscira!


    Art Dima Imanov (Twitter, Tumblr, IG)


  2. #2

    Default

    From the previous thread:


  3. #3
    Incredible Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    778

    Default


  4. #4
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,418

    Default

    Happy New Year Nubia!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    NUBIA EljSKOZXgAAPoND.jpg

    I call this the Byrne costume even though it has nothing to do with him, but it's kind of vaguely like his art. As far as Wonder Woman suits with pants go Artemis' outfit is so much better, but the high gloves are cool. I guess the claw earrings and how their shape is repeated throughout is supposed to make it appear more African?

    They should take the asymmetrical gold bodice from Nubia's Queen armor and integrate her lion motif and original skirted look complete with white streak.

  6. #6
    Incredible Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I call this the Byrne costume even though it has nothing to do with him, but it's kind of vaguely like his art. As far as Wonder Woman suits with pants go Artemis' outfit is so much better, but the high gloves are cool. I guess the claw earrings and how their shape is repeated throughout is supposed to make it appear more African?

    They should take the asymmetrical gold bodice from Nubia's Queen armor and integrate her lion motif and original skirted look complete with white streak.
    I know that many of you want Nubia to have a costume that identifies her, and I think that in part you are right, but one of the things that I like about the current Nubia is precisely the use of different costumes, even the one that Dosselle Young gave her.
    I think that at some point we will see her use the original from the 70s, which would make me very happy.
    That Byrne suit, as you say, is a modern version that fits perfectly with the "superheroine version", I also like it but if I had to choose, I would choose the original armor and the queen's dress that she uses now. Far my favorites.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    778

    Default


  8. #8

    Default

    What is your preferred origin for Nubia?

    Wonder Woman's long lost twin sister?

    The first champion and guardian of the Gates of Doom?

    Other?

    (Also should this be it's own separate thread with a poll?)

  9. #9
    Incredible Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What is your preferred origin for Nubia?

    Wonder Woman's long lost twin sister?

    The first champion and guardian of the Gates of Doom?

    Other?
    I prefer a mix but if I had to choose strictly between two, I would take the lost twin sister, I mean that those few comics where they introduce Nubia are very well written.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    (Also should this be it's own separate thread with a poll?)
    Do it!

  10. #10
    Incredible Member wonder39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    NUBIA EljSKOZXgAAPoND.jpg

    I call this the Byrne costume even though it has nothing to do with him, but it's kind of vaguely like his art. As far as Wonder Woman suits with pants go Artemis' outfit is so much better, but the high gloves are cool. I guess the claw earrings and how their shape is repeated throughout is supposed to make it appear more African?

    They should take the asymmetrical gold bodice from Nubia's Queen armor and integrate her lion motif and original skirted look complete with white streak.
    I hope to not see this costume again. Its really bad. Likevreally, really bad.

    I think her " hero" costume moving forward is going to be the one we see in cover for the first ish of NatA, and promo art for Trial, with the fur cape and more "WW" like bodice, whilst the more common " Queen" look will be the single breasted armored bodice we first saw in Wonder Girl.

  11. #11
    Incredible Member wonder39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What is your preferred origin for Nubia?

    Wonder Woman's long lost twin sister?

    The first champion and guardian of the Gates of Doom?

    Other?

    (Also should this be it's own separate thread with a poll?)
    I think there's a way of having the two combined. Diana's lost twin is always the preference for me. I can see somehow merging the two. Or once she came back into the fold, she became the guardian. But not like the Post Crisis version ( guarding from inside the gate in total isolation, and all that weird in love with a creepy god thing) originally the gate was on the surface of the Island, so no need for her to be stuck by herself....

  12. #12
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    10,261

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Huh, so the current take on Nubia picked out her name...

  15. #15
    Mighty Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Really enjoyed issue 5! I’m loving everything the creative team is doing with Nubia and all of the characters of this series. Nubia is a true bad b!$&@! She handles the door way really well. Reading the backup bana series tells me the trial will be about who will guard dooms
    Doorway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •